Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaoticnzymes

Suitable nutes for soft water ?

16 posts in this topic

Hey

My plan was to use PM supreme with OT grow and bloom ( along with granuels and maybe fishmix) but now Im unsure if my water supply is appropriate. From an online search my local water supply comes from the welsh mountains, says it is soft with a ph 7.64, and has a conductivity 128.00 2500us/cm (have a list of metals and other stuff thats in the water if that helps Im a bit out of my depth with this stuff) I read OT is suited to hard water, will this be problems ?

Should I be using a better or more suitable organic feed that you guys can recommend?

Thanks again your help is appreciated

You will have to supplement with cal-mag, i live in a soft water area and used ot bloom on my last 2 runs and had cal and mag def at different times

1 person likes this

If you're going down the OT route then use Humboldt Equilibrium as its organic too.

1 person likes this

Ok equilibrium (cal mag) Ill grab it while its still in stock cheers

,@@magic_shroomer how did you rate OT ? You sticking with it?

1 person likes this

Or you could use epsom salts for magnesium and egg shells for calcium.

1 teaspoon of powdered eggshells.
2 teaspoon of distilled malt vinegar.

mix together and let sit for 1 hour, strain, then mix with the water to feed.

I'm in a soft water area sounds like my water comes from the same place of not close ;))

I use equilibrium along side OT magnesium (any Epsom salts will do) and have had no problems with yellowing leaves

No i dont think il use ot range again if i had the time and space for big enough pots id go down the no till route, feed the soil at the start and complement with compost teas and sprouted seed tea.

@@muffintop nice little tip mate, I'll stick it in the recipe book :)

No worries, it can save you some money in the long run.

Can anyone recommend an organic nute brand that works fine for soft water ph is 7.6, ?

You are going to have to supplement the extra calcium and magnesium needed, if using bottled nutrients.

Edited by muffintop

@@muffintop yeah your right thini Ill stick with the original plan and get OT, although kalong (the bat) look intresting think Ive been over thinking it too much, the guy in the grow shop reckons there is no difference between organic and synthetic and should just get synthetic Im not gonna pretend I understand the differences but thought there was one and its not only healthier for the plants but me too?

Don't ever listen to advice given in a grow shop, remember they are salesman, get advice on here from all the experienced growers. Start with a proven method of growing with PM soil and old timers, and once you feel confident, try a different growing style.

Edited by muffintop
2 people like this

True dat man (in my best rasta voice lol)

Edited by Kaoticnzymes

I live in a soft water area, an i use DUTCH PRO, they do a soft water feed