Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

organiccheeseman

Ankylosing Spondylitis

27 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently doing a diary on my 1st proper grow. The grow has been brought on because I've been diagnosed with AS (ankylosing spondylitis). I'm mid 30's and I've caught it early... So far being prescribed Naproxin daily for the inflammation. Ideally I'd like to ditch the meds and just consume some oil prior to bed as It's the nights that really dog me and prevent me sleeping properly..

Doing some research it looks like I will mostly need an Indica to knock me on my ass as I'm after sleep inducing but also anti-inflammatory properties.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what strain I should grow for it that is a good oil producer and ticks the boxes?

My last grow a few years back I used 12 Oz of white widdow and got 35g of oil from it. However I suppose some of the weight was waxes from the bud as I let it sit overnight in the solvent!

Really hope that It makes a difference. I have good weeks then some real bad nights/days. I really don't want it to get worse at my age or have to go on stronger meds! :nuke:

Thanks for reading, I look forward to my time on here.

OCF :eat:

Hi , an ex gf of mine had this , I know it can be painful , but with her it came and went in severity , you have my sympathy .. imo the best kinda strain for that is an Indica as you said, any type of Kush , .. I would go for an afghani of some sort , or OG Kush (which I think is heavy with Afhghan genetics anyway) ...

1 person likes this

Hi organiccheeseman,

I have the same diagnosis and wonder if cannabis can really help with the symptoms. Of course the inflammation should be the enemy.

Therefor I take some CBD Oil - which should be very anti inflammatory - but it seems that the dose is too low.

My wife was diagnosed with this about 10 years ago she personally finds that weed of any description helps but indicas seem to offer the most relief

cannabis and lots of spices

@hazy harry

My daughter was recently diagnosed , any advice on strains for easing the inflammation and aiding sleep would be greatly appreciated.

Peace 

:yinyang:

i suffer with  discoverbrial spondolosis of the spine  ( crumbling and  damaged  discs and nerves ) and find indicas  offer  good pain relief......  but any is better than none

Edited by vortex
2 people like this

On 24/10/2017 at 9:10 AM, Breezus said:

@hazy harry

My daughter was recently diagnosed , any advice on strains for easing the inflammation and aiding sleep would be greatly appreciated.

Peace 

Dinafem have a 50:50 CBD THC OG Kush which should be pretty good on paper only one way to find out 

2 people like this

@NezA

Cheers for that, I'm running a mixture of hybrids, CBD dominant and pure Indicas. I'll put that one on my list :yep:

Peace and Happy holidays 

1 person likes this

I have the same and I'm also on Naproxen and Sulphasalazine, from what I was advised high CBD strains are supposed to be good. I'm only on my second grow at the moment and wont have chance to try one until in the new year, but I find that any I use offers a welcome relief.

@organiccheeseman

The pain will disappear once your spine has welded together.  Hopefully your spine will finally fix in a fairly upright position.  My unfortunate news to you is that the  welding took ten years with increasing periods of pain but please take strength from the fact that the pain will end.

5 people like this

i was reading about a strain called     candida cd1   the other evening ,,  ment to have very very low thc  but  massive cbd ,,,   thinking i may try one in the spring  to make oil with ,,,,,

1 person likes this

I have this and inject humira to help although I don't think it does that much , I am up for review with it very shortly...

Canna can help it with capsules etc , some smoke helps it some doesn't I always find it very mood dependent.

I'm a young man in mid 30's and have a few other things on going , capsules do help me out though but sometimes can leave you not doing much through out the day but they help with ease of pain defiantly , makes holding a job down hard a lost mine only 3 weeks back but just have to roll with the punches . 

Farmer

2 people like this

@FARMER G

My daughter is early 20's , recently diagnosed. How much oil do you put in the caps? Sorry to hear about the job etc hope things come good mate 

Edited by Breezus
Spelling
2 people like this

Easy guys, it’s been a while. I suffer with basically the same thing. I Got those Humira jabs like you @FarmerG but they made my hair fall out like fuck so I just dumped them. Plus the unknowns with it all put a right black cloud over my head.  

@organiccheesemanI was in your boots say five years ago the best strain I found was gifted to me in seed form by the sites owner. It’s that Candida @vortex mentioned. Basically just very high cbd but still got some thc I mixed this up with numerous other strains depending on what time of day. I’m currently finding some good relief from a strain known as Moab. Other than weed I say stay active and eat clean. Like seriously! processed anything is not good for immune function.  Excuse me while I go right off track, well almost!  but I used to be into roids back in the day and their was a compound called primobolan that was released by bayer schring(I think), back before the FDA put a blanket ban on anything anabolic bar a select few. Primobolan has been shown to up regulate immune function dramatically. There has been an ongoing saga for years with doctors that treat HIV patients, trying to get it removed from the banned substances list. Listening to our government has never been my thing lol and It still being available on the black market. I thought I’d give it a shot. It is, for me the best, most effective drug out their for immune function. Primo plus weed = I can play footy with my kids. But that’s just me I’m just a faceless plonka do your own research. Good luck bro

1 person likes this