Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Embryo

Adult colouring books

75 posts in this topic

@@Embryo thanks mate. I might be getting ahead of myself thinking of water colour pencils, some ordinary ones might be best for now. It's good to have some recommendations. :)

1 person likes this

If you need any further info, let me know. I've been laid up for a while so spent a good chunk of the time researching art supplies :D

If you are on FB there are loads of good groups. Some of then even give away free sample pages from books!

Happy colouring :smokin:

1 person likes this

@@Embryo thanks man. :)

1 person likes this

No worries, happy to help

1 person likes this

@Khachö

Really loving that mandala, I could see myself spending dark winter nights with my tongue poking out. What book did it come from? Thanks :v:

1 person likes this

Getting more inspired here. :)

But I don't want to lash out a ton of money on "nice pencils" and risk using them once, I know what I am like. I watched a video on Youtube with Peta Hewitt and she says something like her techniques work with Faber-Castell Polychromos and also cheaper things like Faber Castell Classics and you can get 36 of those for £13 which isn't too bad. Are the Polychromos like water colour pencils, ie. you can spray a bit of water on it and move the colour around?

@@BigJohnny love the pic. :) So you used pencils and pens on that? BTW, if you download Irfanview and open your photo in it and press "R" it will turn the pic 90 degrees to the right, you can then save it and it will be the right way around.

Cheers mate. Yeah I used pencils and pens. I uploaded it from my phone. I'm sure there's a way to rotate it but I just haven't worked out how.

1 person likes this

Cheers mate. Yeah I used pencils and pens. I uploaded it from my phone. I'm sure there's a way to rotate it but I just haven't worked out how.

Thanks man. So the more pastelly bits are the pencils and the more bold bits the pens I assume? It makes a nice effect and the black really sets it off. :)

@@Embryo I tried PMing you but it said you can't receive any new messages?

Try now, ive just deleted some stuff

1 person likes this

I saw these in the poundshop earlier, think I might treat myself to a couple of books coloured pencils & a snazzy pencil case

2 people like this

Ive got a few of the quidshop ones, they are quite good

pens n pencils not so much though...

1 person likes this

I'd like to have go at this but when i get home and open up the pages all of them are already completed.

After spending mearly £20 now I'm a bit fed up.

Then the mrs points out they're comics

Ffs

Peace

I found this topic quite interesting because I'm certain I'm autistic (undiagnosed but plenty of behaviour to back it up plus family the same) and I find having to maintain consistency in the pattern far too demanding. I couldn't do with making each tessellate different, either! It took me years to stop randomly counting bricks in walls and then this colouring craze comes out!

I do hope you enjoy it and find it relaxing all the same!

1 person likes this

Draw your own pictures then colour em in.....you dont need someone else lines to create your own Art....

@@Anka Point

I can't draw for shit and I don't enjoy it. But I do enjoy colouring so I'll still to that. No point doing something you don't enjoy, eh?

4 people like this