Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Embryo

Adult colouring books

76 posts in this topic

Dude, go on youtube and have a look. There is a lot more to it than just filling in spaces with colour :D

Those two artists dont draw the designs, they add the colour and bring them to life!

I've recently been getting into colouring. It's great when you're battered - put some tunes on, get the pens/pencils out and crack on.

Just finished this the other day...

rps20161004 194652

eta: Don't why it's sideways on??
Edited by BigJohnny
13 people like this

Thats excellent dude! Which books is it from and what pencils have you used?

Cracking job man :yep:

1 person likes this

lol i feel weird for it but you lot going on about it has half got me wanting to do it. Used to love it as a kid.
2 people like this

Dude, you can pick up decent books for a quid and shit hot ones for a fiver, give it a go man lol

Thats excellent dude! Which books is it from and what pencils have you used?

Cracking job man :yep:

The book was

Doodle Invasion: Zifflin's Coloring Book: Volume 1

Pencils

Staedtler 144 C24JB Noris Club Colouring Pencils

And the pens

STABILO Point 88 Fineliner - Assorted Colours, Wallet of 25
2 people like this

Cool, I've got a few of Kerby Rosanes books, I love his work.

Cant wait for his new book mythomorphia to be released.

I've got the Noris pencils too, how do you find them?

I like them, but I have nothing to compare them to seeing as they are the only ones I've used.

IMG 0354

Bit shit compared to BJ's but I did spend a few hours with my tongue doing that stupid half poking out thing. You know what I'm on about.

12 people like this

Looks sweet, love the colour selection too.

What pens/pencils did you use?

i have 2 books that i got last year. i had forgotten about them after a house move and i only dug them out the other day. great way to chill out. i have johanna basford enchanted forrest and millie marotta's animal kingdom

2 people like this

Both great books, I especially like Johannas work

1 person likes this

Getting more inspired here. :)

But I don't want to lash out a ton of money on "nice pencils" and risk using them once, I know what I am like. I watched a video on Youtube with Peta Hewitt and she says something like her techniques work with Faber-Castell Polychromos and also cheaper things like Faber Castell Classics and you can get 36 of those for £13 which isn't too bad. Are the Polychromos like water colour pencils, ie. you can spray a bit of water on it and move the colour around?

@@BigJohnny love the pic. :) So you used pencils and pens on that? BTW, if you download Irfanview and open your photo in it and press "R" it will turn the pic 90 degrees to the right, you can then save it and it will be the right way around.

Edited by ananda
1 person likes this

No Polychromos arent watercolour pencils but Faber-Castell do do a range

Derwent inktense are some really good wc pencils.

if you go down this route, have a look at water brushes(Derwent make a set but cheaper ones are available), you add the pencil on dry and then go over it with a water brush which is brush pen you fill up under a tap to create the wc effect. Apparently a lot easier than using wet pencils.

Water colour pencils may not work too well depending on the paper used in the book though. Sometimes when they get saturated they crinkle.

if this is the case and you still wanna use a certain design, photocopy it onto better paper :yep:

e2a Marco Raffine & Marco Renoir make good quality normal pencils at a good price lyra pencils are pretty good too so ive heard

Edited by Embryo
1 person likes this