Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NezA

Purple Afghan Kush

126 posts in this topic

Roll up roll up! We have a special show for you right here today ladies and gentlemen! The marvelous, the critically acclaimed and the majestic Purple Afghan Kush by Dinafem!

Literally though roll up a doobie stick, grab your vapes, rip a bong, munch an edible... you get the idea... sit back and enjoy the ride!

Firstly I would like to thank @@Dinafem-Mark and all the wonderful folk at Dinafem for the fantastic opportunity to run these amazing seeds.

Right next up my plan of action, The seeds will be spending the first few weeks of their lives sharing the space with my Autos whilst they finish up (check the diary link in my sig for details of my 1st grow) Currently that means 18 hours of glorious HPS goodness. I was using a CMH but the lamp failed and the back log of orders is huge. However for this strain vegging under HPS may not be the worst thing in the world as the extra stretch will be appreciated from what I've read so far. Ill be swapping out to a CMH as soon as possible though.

Space is a 90x90 custom grow space in my loft

Final pots will either be 11 ltr or 6.5 ltr depending on how big they get by the time the 6.5's are rooted

Soil: Plant Magic Supreme

Nutes: Plant Magic Old Timer Grow and Bloom +some Great White Powder for potting up.

Will hopefully be a simple straightforward affair

Great start to the grow with 100% germ rate I only have space for 4

Here are a few pic to get us started:

Day 3

Purple Afghan Kush Seedings Day 3

Day 10:

Purple Afghan Kush Day10

Purple Afghan Kush Day 10

Thats all for now ill be looking to do weekly updates from here so feel free to drop by and check how things are going
Keep it green
NezA
Edit: Derp!
Edited by NezA
10 people like this

Best of luck and happy growing

Wizard :oldtoker:

3 people like this

shall i grab my seat ;)

3 people like this

Great to see another pak grow going and I must say I love the intro :)

She is a great plant and so far all 4care looking great. Always a great start to the grow when you get 100% germination and from the pictures things so far are looking lush and green :)

All the best and thank you for the picture update and for starting the diary on uk420 very much appreciated.

I'll be along for the ride bring on the fun :bong:

D-M.

2 people like this

@@Dinafem-Mark It's the least I can do! The ladies are doing great they were potted up last night from their seedling pots to their 1 Ltr starter pots a couple of shakes of mychorizal fungi should get these babies rocking in no time!

I'll probably pot up 3 more times getting a real good root ball going seems to be key

@@Geordiejames420 of course mate pull up a chair I would say help yourself to the jars but I've only just bought them today! Hopefully will be full and ready in a few more weeks... In the meantime there is a fine selection of whiskey that you can help yourself to...

@@stonerwizard hopefully if I can do these half the justice you are I'm sure it will be a happy grow indeed!

Keep it green

NezA

1 person likes this

@@Dinafem-Mark It's the least I can do! The ladies are doing great they were potted up last night from their seedling pots to their 1 Ltr starter pots a couple of shakes of mychorizal fungi should get these babies rocking in no time!

I'll probably pot up 3 more times getting a real good root ball going seems to be key

@@Geordiejames420 of course mate pull up a chair I would say help yourself to the jars but I've only just bought them today! Hopefully will be full and ready in a few more weeks... In the meantime there is a fine selection of whiskey that you can help yourself to...

@@stonerwizard hopefully if I can do these half the justice you are I'm sure it will be a happy grow indeed!

Keep it green

NezA

Ill have to get a PO box set-up ;)

2 people like this

Hey mate, off to a good start! Shame about the CMH but I'm sure the HPS will do them well still.

Good luck man have fun! :)

Edited by some1
2 people like this

Can I ask what is the big thing with these cmh bulbs? I've only ever used 125-250w cfls for veg and them straight onto 600w hps :)

Are these ceramic mh bulbs much more different than a standard mh?

All the best

D-M.

2 people like this

Can I ask what is the big thing with these cmh bulbs? I've only ever used 125-250w cfls for veg and them straight onto 600w hps :)

Are these ceramic mh bulbs much more different than a standard mh?

All the best

D-M.

Yeah they are an entirely different beast @@Dinafem-Mark firstly they are full spectrum which in my mind anything that gets close to the sun is going to be the best thing for the plants.

You cannot run these from a regular hps or mh ballast you need a CMH ballast (they will fire but will fail due to the additional strain caused by the wrong frequency of electricity.)

They are much more expensive they yield more grams per watt than a HPS most people say a 315w CMH is equivalent to 500w hps and 1.3 gpw is the new 1gpw with these lights. Even new growers have managed 1 gpw with these. Plants finish sooner and they provide a much higher quality finished product.

They call them light emitting ceramics in the states (LEC) search for lec vs hps on YouTube for a side by side comparison

I tried to post a video but it didn't work

Edited by NezA
3 people like this

They are the future of growing and I expect some jumps in technology along the way. Double ended bulbs etc.

I'm half way saved for a dimlux but might just carry on saving and buy four of the maxi daylight.

I miss the quality and taste of led but don't want a drop in yield do these look like the business.

I'm also thinking they will be great for some of those hazes that take forever indoors. I love Nevil's haze but don't want to lose my main tent for 8 months lol an 80x80 with one of these sounds like an affordable way of doing it.

3 people like this

Great start in there mate, look forward to seeing how you get on with the regs. Any reason you've switched over from the autos? How long you planning to veg for, I would guess a minimum of 4 weeks would be needed to fill your space.

How are your autos doing, must be nearly ready. Have you managed to get the heat from that big old 600 sorted?

Looking forward to some great quality pictures @@NezA

Cheers TD

2 people like this

Best of luck excellent strain choice 😄 enjoy your fast veg with this strain with your new CMH lol

DCC

1 person likes this

@@stonerwizard

Yeah considering the technology is in its infancy when it hits the mainstream and becomes widely adopted it's going to go nuts! Just imagine a 630w DE setup! lol it will be interesting to see how yields do under just 315w of CMH compared to everyone else, as far as I can see I'm the first one to grow these out with a CMH @@Dinafem-Mark will keep me honest here?

@@Topdraw

Thanks for stopping by mate. The plan was always to throw a couple of regs in at the end of my first auto run and get them vegged up whilst waiting for the autos to finish it seems to be the best way to run things if you only have 1 small space so my next run ill run autos again. Everything is saying these girls are slow in veg so i'll probably go 5-6 weeks depending they are currently 5" tall and due a transplant which I shall sort either tomorrow or the day after. Then they should really take off then.

Autos are indeed nearly ready they are on plain water this week ready for the chop next week I've just taken a bunch of photos tonight but its late and I CBA to upload them tonight so photo updates for both diaries tomorrow I have to say I am really impressed by the quality of the Dinafem autos they have seriously bulked up this last week and look like they could just keep on going.

The 600 I ended up dialing down to 400. With a 6" fan I reckon I would be OK but the ladies particularly the Critical Jack were showing signs of heat stress so I'm glad to have everything under the 315w CMH again!

As for the pictures its getting more and more difficult to get really nice ones with all the clutter and the paranoia from the smell I'll do my best though lol

@@DCC

Thanks mate we will see how she does in veg its been 24 hours under CMH so far and the speed of growth has noticeably increased so here's hoping that continues!

Picture update will be here tomorrow everyone apologies life has been crazy busy lately and updating diaries is rather time consuming.

Keep it green

NezA

3 people like this

@@NezA I'm sure Gavita will come out with a 630w de as soon as everyone has bought the "old" CMH lol that's how this hobby goes.

I thought I was Billy big bollocks with my 600w 400v :) and now I NEED new stuff.

I have to time my deliveries for when Mrs wizards out lol

4 people like this

Ok Everyone as promised here are some pictures Today is Day 20 if I'm not mistaken these ladies are due to be re-potted tonight up into 3.5L pots with a sprinkle of Mycorrhizal Fungi feeding them 0.75ml p/l of Oldtimer Grow and they were watered until run off for the first time last night. CMH is in everything is looking lush and fantastic a few more weeks and then we flip the switch ;):yahoo:

PAK Group Day 20

Random PAK Day 20

Nothing too exciting at this stage just good progress

Keep it green

NezA

6 people like this