Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerrySarielal-Rahim

Any thoughts on this Coco grow?

37 posts in this topic

@JSR - if you haven't already it's time to start flushing them, the calyxes will really swell and fatten those buds out

Good looking plants there, they just need to finish, 95% of the harvested bud I see in this country is cut to early, if in doubt let it go longer, the last gasp of growth is always the best

1 person likes this

@@HungGarRebel

Thank you for the really kind words :v: (appreciated).
I honestly don't know what yields to expect, this is only my second grow ever,
and the previous one was under a 600w hps ... and I've never grown in soil/
compost.

I can say the novelty of hand watering plants in coco *does* wear off!! I really
need to figure out some simple, cheap, reliable (don't fancy the thought of an
unexpected flood in the house!) drip irrigation system, before I get around to
the next grow.

Oh and nutrients, make sure you get the right ones for coco!!

@@Bush Dr

Cheers ... the all came good with orange pistils in the last few days, so I am
now flushing all of them with just water ... so the calyyxes swell because?
they are using up the nutrients left in the plants? Also silly question maybe
(ok more than likely) do I need to buffer adjust the pH of the tap water, as
there's no nutes in it? I've been doing so, so far ... it's 7.3 from the tap and
I take it down to 5.8- 6.0 pH, as I've been doing after I add the nutes.

I'd heard that one before about if in doubt on a grow 'give it another week'.
So hopefully everything will come together about right, I guess that's what
you get growing different strains in the same tent.

@JSar - The calyxes swell because the flowers are ripe, fat calyxes are a better sign of being ripe than pistils .....look out for bud rot

Use plain water, you're not trying to feed at all, you're trying to leach out unused nutrients and adding phosphoric acid to reduce the ph is feeding them P

Flushing with plain water is the only way to get it perfect IMHE

Next grow use a trichoderma spray on the flowers in week 2 & 5 to prevent bud rot, trichoderma feeds on mould, it's harmless and is gone after 3 weeks, but each application will last 3 weeks ....... I've been trying to get other members to do it but just because it's counter-intuitive they haven't, so they've learned nothing

@@Bush Dr
Ta for that, I'm flushing with (pH unadjusted) plain old tap water now.
Yes I am on the look out for bud rot *fingers crossed*.

I've not heard about 'trichoderma spray' (but then I am newb at this)
... ahh (google is my friend) so it's a genus of fungi and 'eats' the
bud rot/ pythium.

I've not heard about 'trichoderma spray' (but then I am newb at this)

... ahh (google is my friend) so it's a genus of fungi and 'eats' the

bud rot/ pythium.

Yes, it's one of many beneficial bacteria that have multiple uses, it'll eat root rot if you take the rootball out the pot and spray it directly on the rot, it won't fix the dead stuff so cut that out and the new roots will be protected as well as the existing ones

I've got a spray bottle permanently full of it in my grow room, mist cuttings with it, spray rootball at transplant, etc, basically anytime I spray anything it's using a Trichoderma solution ....... The stuff is cheap compared to any problem

I use it indoors as my buds get so dense I spray them at 2 and 5 weeks into flower, don't get bud rot, if you spray Trichoderma onto a rotting bud it'll cease rotting, counter intuitive as it seems, just do it with the fans running to dry it off

In CA I've got a 15 gallon backpack sprayer I spray all my newly bought cuts with before they go in the ground, then it's used again if it gets humid and then every 3 weeks until it's 2-3 weeks away from harvest

Time for a photo update ... I'm still flushing! 1 week in, 1 more to go?

Group shot;

20160824 185016res

Bomb;

20160824 185050res

Bomb;

20160824 185120res

NLX;

20160824 185200res

Lemon Kush;

20160824 185254res

(The top of the main cola seems to be getting a purple hue to it!)

And no shots of the Candy because the camera battery died, aghh.
Edited by JerrySarielal-Rahim
1 person likes this

On 8/21/2016 at 8:50 PM, Bush Dr said:

Yes, it's one of many beneficial bacteria that have multiple uses, it'll eat root rot if you take the rootball out the pot and spray it directly on the rot, it won't fix the dead stuff so cut that out and the new roots will be protected as well as the existing ones

I've got a spray bottle permanently full of it in my grow room, mist cuttings with it, spray rootball at transplant, etc, basically anytime I spray anything it's using a Trichoderma solution ....... The stuff is cheap compared to any problem

I use it indoors as my buds get so dense I spray them at 2 and 5 weeks into flower, don't get bud rot, if you spray Trichoderma onto a rotting bud it'll cease rotting, counter intuitive as it seems, just do it with the fans running to dry it off

In CA I've got a 15 gallon backpack sprayer I spray all my newly bought cuts with before they go in the ground, then it's used again if it gets humid and then every 3 weeks until it's 2-3 weeks away from harvest

Can you tell me how many grams to how many litres of water to make the spray please?