Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenFarmer

RSO v stage 4 HCC (liver cancer)

48 posts in this topic

The story starts back in the early 1980's when, unknown to me, I contracted the Hepatitis C virus. How I caught the virus is largely irrelevant but more important was the fact that it went undiagnosed for a further 25 years. Unfortunately during this period the virus totally fucked my liver up which is now cirrhotic. I was finally diagnosed in 2007 and started 6 months of immuno/chemotherapy; the virus was initially killed but came back after I finished treatment. In 2010/11 I started a second course of treatment, this time for a year. The treatment was hell and l ended up getting sectioned but on the surface it worked. Six months after the treatment had finished I was told the virus had not returned this time.

As a result of the HCV/cirrhosis history, I have/had a high chance of liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma or HCC) and because of this, I have been screened every 6 months for the last 9 years . Unfortunately, at the end of January, one of these routine screening appointments became my worst nightmare. In a nutshell they found two definite tumours on my liver and two suspect areas. In addition my lymph nodes near my liver are enlarged suggesting the cancer has spread, which is unsurprising because the larger of the tumours (4.5 cm) has invaded my hepatic portal vein. The larger tumour is also very close to my main bile duct leaving the liver and this is what concerns them the most. Because of all these reasons they tell me there is nothing they can do, no transplant, no cutting out, no radiation, no embolisation, nothing......nada, oh except for palliative chemotherapy. Needless to say, palliative chemo is most definitely at the bottom of my options. In my heart of hearts I don't think I would ever take the chemo, but as they say, never say never.

OK, so that's a brief background. Now for the battle. The initial ultrasound that found the tumours was performed on the last Friday in January and by the following Tuesday I had a batch of CBD Crew medi GOM autos soaking. My first priority was to get some 1:1's going. During the course of the next few weeks I was in communication with a very kind UK420 member who help me immensely; to them I say a massive heart felt thank you x. Anyway by the 2nd week of Feb I had managed to start some oil and, due to an already high tolerance, was able to up my dose quite quickly.

Until the medi GOM were harvested I could only source high THC weed (Jacky White) but managed to make a further 40g of oil over several batches. Since then I have been planting half a dozen autos every few weeks in a polytunnel and have a large crop of CBD crews critical mass indoors; they'll be ready in 5 weeks and hopefully will give me 100+ g of oil.

So, to date I have taken over 90g of oil and am currently on around 1.25g/day. I would go higher if I had the supply. Once the outdoors autos start harvesting i'll be upping my dose.

I'm also supplementing the RSO with diet and meditation. Diet revolves around the Gerson Therapy - lots of organic fresh green juice, and absolutely no processed, dairy, meat, sugar etc. Basically a mainly raw vegan diet supplemented with cooked meals containing anti cancer ingredients such as onions, garlic, broccoli and other cruciferous veg, tomatoes etc.

So is it working? It's probably a little too soon to tell for sure but back in February my oncologist was implying I may not be here in 3 months and would only allow me to wait 2 months before a second scan to assess velocity of tumour growth. I had second CT scan 2 weeks ago and saw oncologist last week. The good news is the tumours on my liver have NOT grown. The bad news is that my lymph nodes local to liver have grown confirming the metastasis. Hopefully, as I up my dose i'll be able to sort them out as well, but seeing as it was the larger of the liver tumours that concerned them the most, the news was definitely more good than bad. So good that they are happy wait three months until my next CT scan and they didn't try to ram the palliative chemo down my throat this time. I did mention cannabinoids to the oncologist and to be fair, he was very open minded.

All in all I can not complain. Things still look a bit iffy but at least i've stabilised the liver tumours. I am determined, and know I will beat this cancer into remission. I have a lot to stay alive for: I have two wonderful daughters that mean the world to me, the youngest is in her fist year of a midwifery degree and I WILL see her graduate. My dog is joined to my hip and would suffer badly if I were to die. And last but not least, I refuse to let my dear old mum bury me. So there you go, I have a lot to live for.

I will try and keep this diary updated but i'm the first to admit that i'm not the best at these things.

Lastly a very big shout out to @@Dinafem-Mark and dinafem for kindly donating some auto seeds.

12 people like this

I look forward to reading your updates. Best of luck mate.

1 person likes this

best of luck !

1 person likes this

Fight the good fight. Good luck.

1 person likes this

Good luck GF :lucky:

1 person likes this

Good luck with this battle man :yinyang:

Glad you're in touch with Mark too ;)

1 person likes this

Stay strong brother and I wish you the very best of luck for the future.. :v:

1 person likes this

Never knew about the Gerson Therapy but reads like he must have inspired a lot of the raw foodists.

Keep fighting man.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the good vibes guys. I'll be fighting this with everything I have.

5 people like this

It would appear that cannabis doesn't work on me. Cancer spreading through lymph system and one node is starting to block wind pipe. Not good and no support network so tempted to take class A route out of this

@@GreenFarmer That's awful news, I'm so sorry to hear it. What about your family?, have you contacted macmillan?

1 person likes this

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Sorry it hasn't given you a better outcome. Have you been juicing raw cannabis too?

@@The_Moog yeah, Macmillan have been great, especially with more practical issues such as PIP and transport.

@@WhiteWolfe - no, I haven't been juicing raw cannabis. Been hard enough growing enough weed to maintain my dosage.

2 people like this

Found ya :)

Firstly, really sorry to read this mate. Cancer is a subject close to my heart and if i can help in anyway, i will do my best...

So, you are taking 1.25 grams per day. How are you dosing, oral or suppositories and how many times per day? What carrier oil are you using?

Never know what to say with this sort of thing but man your a hero

And I hope your ok your strenght shines through you

Edited by kc stoner