Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
912GreenSkell

Cheapest Place in the UK to buy rapala's online?

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Okay so in case you guys dont realize this, the european line of Rapala's is totally different than here in North America. You guys have a ton of colors we cant buy over here, and i want some of them!! Whats your best priced source for rapalas online? So i am looking for a well priced UK online seller of Rapala's that will ship to Canada. Looking for large rapalas for pike and musky(clackin minnows, max raps, saltwater raps)

Rapalas are a total rip off dude! Make your own. Invest in a few wee tools and get busy. You'd be surprised at how many fish you'll catch on your own home made lures and you'll save a small fortune. In my experience it's the rough and ready ones that catch (same as fly fishing too). If you can't buy the colours you want then make them yourself bro, easy :yep:

5 people like this

Rapalas are a total rip off dude! Make your own. Invest in a few wee tools and get busy. You'd be surprised at how many fish you'll catch on your own home made lures and you'll save a small fortune. In my experience it's the rough and ready ones that catch (same as fly fishing too). If you can't buy the colours you want then make them yourself bro, easy :yep:

@@SoD

Thanks man...i have been tying flies and making my own lures for over 30 years. I even used to sell handmade flies and bucktail spinnerbaits to tackle shops. However...making perfectly balanced crankbaits is something i have struggled with, and even my best ones dont do shit compared to a clackin minnow or an Xrap.

Obviously you have never used a clackin minnow...i outfish anyone in the boat with one of those when pike fishing.(certainly including live minnows)

Edited by 912GreenSkell
1 person likes this

Yeah what a rip off, can remember loosing over £40 worth on a the Welsh Taf on a particularly bad day. Probably why I stick to the fly, casting is far more accurate and much easier to tie one.

There used to be a fella in e-bay who had good prices but I just checked and he's closed his account down unfortunately.

Why not buy direct from Finland, surely the prices must be a bit better there than the UK?

2 people like this

@@Ital

Our fishing for pike is very different than in the UK i am guessing. We fish between 8-20 feet deep, in big water lakes(a couple of the lakes are massive, and i do mean massive, thousands of kilometers of shoreline) Wind usually makes flyfishing a no go. Fishing from a boat means very few lost lures due to snags. Thanks so much for looking on ebay for the reasonable seller for me, much appreciated. I do have to look into finland and see what i can come up with. As for cost...for the fish i catch i don't mind paying a little extra. Rapalas though expensive, are not as costly as many of the baits available(megabass vision 110's are almost $30 each!! most of the muskie baits are $30+, so for $10-$15 i dont see them as being an excessively cost, not cheap bu not crazy)

Edited by Owderb
Remove quote

I'm sure I remember visiting a site of a Japanese vendor who made hand crafted lures that went over US$100/ pc. Crazy money, but they did look awesome.

Keep a look out on e-bay, you may find a bundle at a better price, old stock or business closing down. :)

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

912 we actually have a greater choice of lures here than in the UK,and at far cheaper prices,have you tried bass pro or cabelas?Even walmart or canada tire have great selections.

912 we actually have a greater choice of lures here than in the UK,and at far cheaper prices,have you tried bass pro or cabelas?Even walmart or canada tire have great selections.

OH for sure the selection is greater here in north america. However there is a few euro exclusive colour patterns that i am itching to try out.

1 person likes this

When i first came here and saw a wall of jellies and lures it was an anglers paradise,far better than my tiny local tackle shop UK side.Do you hunt as well?

1 person likes this

When i first came here and saw a wall of jellies and lures it was an anglers paradise,far better than my tiny local tackle shop UK side.Do you hunt as well?

I bet! As you know fishing is a huge sport here in Canada. Then you go into shops like Basspro, Cabelas and the best of the best Sail. It is pretty awesome! I do shoot(lots of shooting, clay pigeons, rifle assault style combat shooting, long distance rifle) and hunt, though i mostly just hunt small game with a recurve bow. Not about the kill for me at all, more just to get out in the woods and spend some time while relaxing and reflecting with nature.

Edit- you plan on going out for opening trout season this weekend? Opening pike next? Got a boat? :)

Edited by 912GreenSkell
1 person likes this

I have a mathews compound,fantastic bow,this country is more outdoor oriented than the UK,i think theres still a frontier feel to parts of it,Cabelas are due to open a store very close to me this year,they are building it at the moment,it will be real convenient to have that on the doorstep.

1 person likes this

I have a mathews compound,fantastic bow,this country is more outdoor oriented than the UK,i think theres still a frontier feel to parts of it,Cabelas are due to open a store very close to me this year,they are building it at the moment,it will be real convenient to have that on the doorstep.

This summer take a trip north of the cities..once you get 2 hours north of toronto, the real country of canada starts.(and the fishing and hunting well...its awesome!!) Me and a buddy go up north in the late summer and fish for walleye. Last year a couple of days on our trip we caught over 70 walleye in a day between him and I. Its awesome!! Damn dude if you are down there, you ought to be able to grow out massive plants! So much nice climate than ours up here(2hours north of the cities)

Oh matthews nice! My good buddy shoots a matthews. I am more old school and like to shoot barebones recurve, no sights, no gadgets, just raw instinct to guide the arrows path. I used to shoot a compound, but i love the speed of a recurve for small game snap shooting. And i have gotten pretty good with it too! Many days i can go toe to toe against my buddy with his compound up to 30-35 yards. My good buddy has a nice archery range and shooting range on his property, so I can fire arrows or bullets whenever.

1 person likes this

I am just outside ottawa mate,its the boonies not far away.Yup 30-35 yards is my limit with the compound,i can almost robin hood at that distance.What rifles do you shoot at long distance,i have done a bit of that in the past in various places,what sort of range you talking?

1 person likes this

I am just outside ottawa mate,its the boonies not far away.Yup 30-35 yards is my limit with the compound,i can almost robin hood at that distance.What rifles do you shoot at long distance,i have done a bit of that in the past in various places,what sort of range you talking?

Ahh i was thinking you were in St catherine...oh so you have access to some great wilderness then being outside ottawa! Sweet. On a good day i do the same with my recurve(have to pick different spots on the target or i wreck too many arrows)

Rifles we shoot at longer range are .303 brit imperial, .308, 22-250, .17hmr. Not super long range(my buds range from the elevated skycabin is 300meters), but in the winter when we go to my bros cabin we shoot all the way out to a kilometer.

1 person likes this

Other guns we shoot

9mm just right carbine

.223 ruger mini 14

12 guage franchi

12 guage remington 870

12 guage benelli

.410 mossberg

several .22lr

1 person likes this