Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaftSkunk

Can anyone recommend any budget keyboards and digital drums

23 posts in this topic

Yeah I've been looking into the retro casios with the 80s sound, got a few good options now to keep us all occupied for a while when I decide on which to buy , you can get some nice lil digital drums with loads of settings too which look decent for the kids

I picked up one of these Casio XW-PD1's recently when I noticed the price had dropped to £120 (you can even get them for under £100 now)

They look a bit daft but are actually good fun, and you can quickly put a tune together on them without the need for a computer :yep:

Tbh that looks pretty awsome, my lil boy would love it, looks like something off starwars haha, going to have a look into that thanks @@cypher79

1 person likes this

Tbh that looks pretty awsome, my lil boy would love it, looks like something off starwars haha, going to have a look into that thanks @@cypher79

Conrad electronics have got them for £87.99 mate, it's a bargain considering they cost about £350 when first released last year.

As they're so young maybe go second hand. A Yamaha DJX keyboard would keep them occupied for hours, it did me and I was 30 lol.

My little one is 6 and has shown an interest in music. She was at her grans a few weeks ago and had a go on her aunts piano and loved it. She instantly asked for one so we got her a DJX for her chrimbo.

She has CP and the hand eye coordination she showed when on the piano was about as good as we have ever seen. My mate has a small studio in his spare room that has a pile of good old bits of music equipment so he said he will pull out some other things for her. Fingers crossed its all his roland gear (101,303,808 and 909). I've been after that shit for years.

Cheers tico.

Cheers cypher, might pop that on the list for my up and coming budget studio lol .... does look quite tricky to use mind, don't even know what half of buttons are doing on the YouTube video lol

That's cool that tico, start them young and hopefully it's a skill/hobby for years to come or if the good at it and have passion even better

Edited by DaftSkunk

My little one is 6 and has shown an interest in music. She was at her grans a few weeks ago and had a go on her aunts piano and loved it. She instantly asked for one so we got her a DJX for her chrimbo.

She has CP and the hand eye coordination she showed when on the piano was about as good as we have ever seen. My mate has a small studio in his spare room that has a pile of good old bits of music equipment so he said he will pull out some other things for her. Fingers crossed its all his roland gear (101,303,808 and 909). I've been after that shit for years.

Cheers tico.

@@tico cervantes oooh a 303 and an 808 to play with, your daughter could end up as the next adamski lol:yep:

1 person likes this

If only, but i dont expect any roland gear to come my way. Mainly because my mate knows it would be me fiddling with its knobs not the wee one. Not sure what he will be giving her but he knows his onions so it will most likely be something that will work with the DJX in some way. Or a simple drum machine of some sort.

Cheers tico.

1 person likes this