Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaftSkunk

Can anyone recommend any budget keyboards and digital drums

23 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm looking for some music instruments for my kids just to replace the toy ones the have with something abit extra, like a keyboard with some samples and an electric / digital drum where you can alter the drum sound or something, which is portable so doesn't need to be rigged up to my PC.

Any recommendations are much appreciated .

Thanks

1 person likes this

http://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/accessories-c34/drums-c43/practice-pads-silencers-c46/cherub-cherub-drum-tutor-practice-pad-dp950-p6890

give this a look mate, i don't know how involved you wanna get tech wise but if you have a smart phone you can install FLstudio and use your pad to trigger many many samples/loops contained within.. FLstudio will recognize your controller/pad and automatically configure itself , you can record and save as mp3 or in flstudio format which would contain all the midi sequence files and automation (knob tweaks).

1 person likes this

Casio PT20, some of the roughest reggae was made with them :)

5 people like this

korg prophecy

Novation Circuit looks interesting, thinking about picking one up myself;

Thanks for replys, just wanting something abit simple for now, a Casio for some rough reggae sounds good Kids won't get a look in!.........I've looked at the kong stuff too which look wicked!

korg kaossilator or a a stylophone :yep:

1 person likes this

I'd buy a controller keyboard (I have a novation impulse) and either FLStudio ( I own FL signature edition) or Reaper which is real cheap. You'll have drums and keyboards that sound exceptional and you can teach your kids how to use them wink, wink!

musikhaus thomann ..great service and lots of stuff

1 person likes this

I have a oxygen8 midi keyboard but don't know how to set it all up with ableton, I manage to play some sounds but can't figure out all the knobs and that lol, just want to have abit of fun with it all, get some loops playing hit some drums and few effects for good measure might even get all vocal n shit

@@WhiteWolfe

Thanks @@vince noir rock n roll star I'll have a look

1 person likes this

@@DaftSkunk I'd imagine there is a template in ableton that assigns all the knobs/sliders on your M-Audio/Avid. There will be a midi script online or tutorials on youtube etc, if not. I'd stick with it, learn the basics then start with programming automations for your synth plug ins and effects, you will get there.

Depends how old the kids are. You can buy childrens toys that have been modded for midi with basic controlls or just buy them a nice virus synth and when they get bored of it keep it yourself.

My eldest loves playing on frutyloops i just drag a few samples onto the screen and let her arrange them.

Loads of tutorials how to set up gear on youtube.

Thanks @@WhiteWolfe @@Key4 I'll do abit more research into it all, I'm all old school turntables

I've got my eye on a few things for Xmas to get us started, my little ones are 6 and under so it's just for abit of fam fun on a weekend, saves sat watching shite on tele all the time and the love singing and dancing and all things music so be good for them to learn abit while having fun

As they're so young maybe go second hand. A Yamaha DJX keyboard would keep them occupied for hours, it did me and I was 30 lol.

1 person likes this