Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drago28

FIMed Wrong?

23 posts in this topic

Hi all.

So I feel a lil daft having to ask this question. did i FIM wrong?

I had a go for the first time tonight and I trimmed the new shoot just below where the new leaves come off the brand new branch instead of just above, leaving a tiny bit of leafage on the plant.

I have an image on my profile gallery as I don,t know how to upload one on to this post.

I really just want to know if this will negatively impact the whole idea of FIMing in the first place.

If you need a pic I will try to figure out how to do it. Or just go on to my profile gallery.

Thanks y'all

gallery_97691_12740_22693.jpg

gallery_97691_12740_25901.jpg

1 person likes this

I'd like to help you mate but when I look at that first picture, all I see is what I imagine the vagina of a female "predator" to look like. You know the things with lots of teeth??

More wine! Hope someone else with better eyesight is more hep to ya mate :yinyang:

2 people like this

Ha! thanks @@SkyRider you legend! :lookaround:

...and yes I know what you mean... carry on drinking geeza.

Edited by Drago28
1 person likes this

three scenarios:

you pinched out too much and nipped out the growth hormones, if so you have topped it and all will recover elsewhere

you have fim'd it and it will divide and sprout

you have just wrecked the top of the new leaves and you get another go soon enough

All outcomes are fine I'd say

for future advice please take the pics with the HPS off and make them big enough to see what is going on

6 people like this

By definition you can't FIM wrong, you can only top correctly lol

3 people like this

Looks alright to me.

Thanks @@HippyHair after looking at more pics on tinterweb I reckon I have done it ok. I have just cut all the leaf off and kept it above where the new shoots grew off the main stem. Essentially cutting around 85-90% off instead of 80% as recommended.

Time will tell lol

Here are some better quality pics for you guys.
Hope this helps.

20160416 220422

20160416 220408

fim diagram

Does anyone know what FIM actually stands for?

The only one I've heard is 'Fuck I Missed'.

3 people like this

That is what it stands for. I heard that farmers back in the day attempted to top their crops and realised that they'd actually slightly snipped too high. Hence Fuck! I Missed. Later realising the benefits of FIMing were actually quite beneficial in the sence they promoted more growth of the main stem. Thus producing more fruits.

What I think I have done is maybe snipped too low, therefore topping instead of FIMing.

Edited by Drago28
1 person likes this

They aren't better pics.. lol

As long as you left some of the growth you'll be fine. 85-90% as you said will be fine...

It's hard to see from pic but it looks like you have left quite a bit of leaf material. These leaves will carry on growing and will appear all chewed up where you hacked at them. This is what puts many people off FIM. It's no problem really it's just where you never took enough growth away on initial FIM.

When they start responding Just gently remove the 'chewed' leaves when you feel you can get to them OK...

Looking at latest pic id prob go for another small pinch out. But if youre not sure just leave them respond for now and do it again as it grows if needs be...

Edited by HazyDaze

They are better. Just slightly haha

Thanks for that though mate. I worry too easily. It is my 1st grow though so it's all new to me. Loving it tbh.

They are better. Just slightly haha

Thanks for that though mate. I worry too easily. It is my 1st grow though so it's all new to me. Loving it tbh.