Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fragg

Industrial Plant CBD Auto in my Perpetual Grow

281 posts in this topic

Now that @@botanics has finished his excellent diary on this strain and it will no doubt have alot of interest, I thought I'd start my first diary with this too thanks to encouragement from both @@botanics and @@Dinafem-Mark. Cheers lads

Introduction

As its my first diary of my perpetual grow I will take a little time to explain the background to my grow.... I am 52 this year and have been smoking for 38 years now, initially as recreation .....sampling the fresh hash of Stonehenge's main drag at rock bottom prices was always a delight in my youth :yinyang: but for the last 15 years or so increasingly as a medicinal user. Either way I've always loved my smoke and and I've never stopped bar the odd rare dry period when I couldnt score

Both my wife and I are chronic pain sufferers which also causes sleep issues, due in no small part to the fact we have worked 7 days a week for the last 20 years raising our family. These issues arent going to go away, they will only deteriorate as we age..... so a cunning plan was required :)

Our problem was that the gear available in Cumbria was shite and overpriced, for along time shitbar was all there was and that got so bad as to be THC free as far as I could tell. Medicinal grade was a pipe dream literally. That coupled with the fact of requiring an oz a week really meant the only option was to grow my own.....God am I glad I did :yahoo: I now have better smoke than I have ever had and I can get great relief from the right strains. :oldtoker:

My objective for the next year or so is to grow out as many potential pain relieving strains as possible to dial in which ones I will run in the future as keepers effectively. Might hack my own a bit further down the line.....ooops digressing!. :) Hence when I saw these about to come to the market on here, I bought some as soon as I knew they were available along with the Haze CBDs. So along with the grow I intend to report on the pain relieving properties in my smoke report from both my POV and my missus, sometimes we differ in what strains we like.

So what is my setup?

Perpetual Grow

I grow 4/5 plants continually planting every 2/3 weeks in organic soil preferably in supersoil and in time I would like that to be no til. I'm not that far off I just need a new batch of supersoil to cook this spring. I run a worm bin and recommend it 100% to get one going if you dont have one, I love mine and the benefits to the gals are beyond any bottle you can buy ;) I use 20l airpots with tights on them, as I've been battling sciarid flies :) The plants basically have 3 stations or places....

Seedlings

I put them in a small glass of water in the airing cupboard for 10/12 hours then give them a little tap to sink them and leave till they crack. Then into finals usually unless I have a hold up and I'm out of pots in which case they go into a small cardboard seedling pot with the bottom chopped off in the airing cupboard until they pop up. Once a pot is available I simply place the seedling pot into a hole in the final pot and then my worms eat the cardboard populating the tap root region with fresh beneficial microbes :) Then its under a T5 with a small PC fan attached to keep it cool for the next couple of weeks or until they are too big for it, or a slot at the next stage becomes available. They are on 24/0 at this stage. Its not the greatest start to life but it works fine for me so I'm sticking with it ;)

Veg Stage

This I do under 240w(actual draw 140w) veg LED with an oscillating fan and this brings them on nicely to the flowering stage. I do until this stage in my loft but as I only have 4ft total height, I move them to a homemade tent in a bedroom for flowering....this can prove a challenge sometimes as they can get big on me! Still on 24/0

Flowering

I built a tent originally to test if the space I had in a cupboard would work so it matches that. It is 33"x33"x6' with a 6" RAM fan and carbon filter for extraction and 2 large 8" PC fans for intake (running off a 12v supply), this gives a fair bit of negative pressure. A 8" fan to move air around too. For reflection I used B&Q's finest radiator reflector stuff uber cheap and seems to work fine

So I have 2 plants in here continually each has its own 240w (140w actual) flowering LED and a 90w UFO. Normally 2 plants are fine in here but Dinafem's big gal the Blue Amnesia XXL means that my living room has lots of bits of wood that somehow I need to fashion a height extension. She was so vigorous the wires I was trying to use for LST she kept pulling off a good problem to have but she is now heat/light stressed. Live and learn!

I now give them 4 hours darkness in here so they are on 20/4

Right on to the main point of this diary the Industrial Plant CBD Auto

I will do this in weekly posts I think until I'm uptodate ......

8 people like this

Soil for this pot was a bit of a bodge as I'm out of nice fresh supersoil and waiting spring/warmth to get another batch under way. So this is what I used:

• 50% old soil
  • 20% earth worm castings
  • 20% B&Q farmyard Manure....more like bits of wood to me!
  • 1/2 cups of seaweed, oyster shells, Dolomite lime
  • large pinch chicken manure
  • liberal use of Granules as I packed it up
  • topped with pinch of wood ash and crushed egg shells
  • pre watered in with mild Root Stimulant and Bio Wetter and warmed

She germinated on the 27th of Feb and by day 3 was 4.5 cm tall. I misted only until day 10 when I gave her 1l of water. All my water is bubbled in a large pot permanently and I use rain water mostly, the advantage to getting pissed on all the time! :) and when it doesn't rain I get spring water off the mountain :yinyang:

Here she is on day 12 from germination 7.5 cm tall and just about to get her first dose....400ml of Plant Magic Bio Silicon

gallery_94435_12537_129173.jpg

5 people like this

lol @ shitbar

Edited by UK Caregiver
4 people like this

15th March Update

​2 days ago she had her first feed, well not her the microbes ;) I gave them 2l of PM Catalyst aka liquid seaweed. She also had 500 ml of water this week. No more misting this week either. At this point I'm 100% happy with her she has been vigorous despite trying to strangle her own stalk with her seed casing :)

gallery_94435_12537_224823.jpg

6 people like this

18th March Update

2 Days ago she had 2l of 1ml Bio silicon still under T5. Very happy with her 10/10 :oldtoker:

gallery_94435_12537_128239.jpg

7 people like this

18th March Update

2 Days ago she had 2l of 1ml Bio silicon still under T5. Very happy with her 10/10 :oldtoker:

gallery_94435_12537_128239.jpg

She is looking very, very nice and by the sound of things you have a very nice environment :)

Thank you so much for getting this diary going and will look forward to the weekly updates.

Glad you got the posting issue sorted and happy to help :)

All the best and thank you for the picture update looking great!

D-M.

4 people like this

looking good ... stonehenge main drag , takes me back :), those were some great fezzies .... The soil mix sounds awesome ,seaweed extract is a great all round feed .... I also do seedlings on 24/0 , from what I can gather it does no harm at all and speeds the process up

2 people like this

25th March Update

​What a difference a week makes :yahoo: First week under the LED and whoooosh :D Knew her vigour meant I had to LST her and there were issues down the production line that might mean she had a longer than usual stay in the loft so started after the 4th node for change, she was having none of it and had shrugged it off so went after the fifth instead. So tying went on most of the week and here she has just been tied down again in the following image, it also shows her 9 bladed fan leaf, I never noticed til later.... she is one happy girl :)

Feed wise this week she had plain rain water in 500 ml and 1.5l and 6 days ago was sprayed with PM Evolution, she is about to get her first feed of 2l 1.25ml OTG to see how she goes and push her a bit cos she looks great :thumsup:

gallery_94435_12537_8974.jpg

The pic below shows both string and wire ties

gallery_94435_12537_331956.jpg

7 people like this

@@zero yeah man not really been to anything since to rival it tbh...Happy Daze :hippy:

2 people like this

@@Dinafem-Mark hehe cheers Mark I just couldn't suss it and I used to design websites and write code so not being able to post on one was doing my head in :)

Its a bad habit I picked up from chatting on irc of always using :) to ensure people understand the way in which you said something was positive and a joke not offensive or misunderstood. So I smile alot....its not a crime :) But you can smile too much on here ;)

Edited by Fragg
2 people like this

@@zero lol I just remembered something about the stones u see covering my pots....its now for the flies but evolved as I initially liked a stone circle of pebbles around my plants, partly due to preventing the dreaded airpot dribble but mostly due to a certain henge :yinyang: There's some good ones in Cumbria too actually :)

4 people like this

@@Fragg

Nice vibe already in here mate and great beginnings, I'm gonna get some pebbles I think because I recently potted up my BH x PS and the top quarter is devoid of rootage and reckon that loses yield, so wise move dude :yep:

1 person likes this

@@botanics thanks man I learnt from the best ;) Yes the pebbles help retain moisture at the top allowing root growth but they also allow the worms to work the top surface, they are always underneath when I remove them for watering :) I top dress with egg shells etc for them too. But yeah I'm into any little tweak to improve yields without incurring extra costs :) Glad I've given you an idea that was the concept of doing a diary, despite having learnt a lot from here there are some tweaks of my own I do. I've learnt so much from other people's diaries on here, often it's just an inspiration for an idea but that is how we all improve and grow better ganja :)

Thanks for popping by mate :)

3 people like this

@@Fragg

Aw shucks man, loadsa peeps know more about this game than I, but cheers for the support mate it's appreciated :cheers:

Aye mate, we all got our ways and it's good to mix and match learning from others with some experimentation of your own I find :yep:

2 people like this

I was going to ask why the rocks on top. Now reading I now understand why :)

After the lst she looks great with a couple of 9 bladed leaves that I can see. The led is starting to produce some nice vigorous new growth, nice job! And glad the issue is sorted out

All the best and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated.

D-M.

2 people like this