Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigste313

Plant magic and autos help

17 posts in this topic

Ok so i am growing 4 autos atm , i am growing more or less by the plant magic schedule for organics. Now that being said they are for photoperiod time lines, one my plants has just started pre flowering and i am still dosing grow because i heard / read that a mistake most make is feeding bloom soon as see pre flowers when in fact you should carry on with the grow nutes until most stretching stops ( around 2 weeks after pre flower?)

I was just wondering once i start on the bloom how long shall i feed it with autos? Since in 2 weeks time my plants be 5-6 weeks old .... The grow scedual says dose bloom until week nine of flowering but obviously 9 weeks from now i should already be chopped and curing / smoking

would you say i feed bloom until the leaves start yellowing off with age then stop bloom and week flush or would that be too soon / late ? Are there any visual cues i should look for to know its time to stop using the nutes ? Since my 4 seeds are different strains and will have different growth rates / lifespans a visual que to stop using nutes will be handy if there is one ? Maybe when most hairs are brownish stop dosing , or trinchcomes become cloudy stop etc etc

I know ive still got a long way to go to be worrying about it but just thought id ask now rather than panic later haha

Edit- also my light scedual is currently 20 / 4 should i go 24/7 through out budding or stay times i am already?

Edited by Bigste313

Don't follow any schedule that is provided, you need to learn how to read the plant, less is more. When using bottled nutes with autoflowers, you are right in starting bloom nutes after they have had the pre-flower stretch, when you stop feeding it is up to you, people prefer different effects. When using bottled nutes, I would usually wait until I can't see any more white pistils and then begin to feed with just plain water for 7 days, I like a couchlock effect. You really don't need to flush using PM, I just like to with any growing method I use.

Edited by muffintop
3 people like this

@@Bigste313 I have not run automatic's myself. Check out @@blackpoolbouncer he has a great auto diary and @@botanics is another fine fellow running a few automatic's in the dinafem diaries sections.

Hope that helps.

1 person likes this

My gut tells me plants need a bit of kip and for that reason I have never run 24/0, so I personally stick with 18/6, do they look like they need feeding?

1 person likes this

@@Bigste313 I have not run automatic's myself. Check out @@blackpoolbouncer he has a great auto diary and @@botanics is another fine fellow running a few automatic's in the dinafem diaries sections.

Hope that helps.

Thanks si i will do , funny enough ive already been talking to botanics (sound fella) , cheers for taking the time to reply and pointing me in right directions :)

1 person likes this

My gut tells me plants need a bit of kip and for that reason I have never run 24/0, so I personally stick with 18/6, do they look like they need feeding?

Yeh i think they need down time aswell like, i just thought was mainly for root development though, as for feeding no mate they look fine but am still dosing to scedual , am more just planning the bloom part ahead so to speak here is my babies atm

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=350735

Am i best dosing as i am by the schedual or should i only be dosing as and when the plant lets me know?

Edited by Bigste313

Don't follow any schedule that is provided, you need to learn how to read the plant, less is more. When using bottled nutes with autoflowers, you are right in starting bloom nutes after they have had the pre-flower stretch, when you stop feeding it is up to you, people prefer different effects. When using bottled nutes, I would usually wait until I can't see any more white pistils and then begin to feed with just plain water for 7 days, I like a couchlock effect. You really don't need to flush using PM, I just like to with any growing method I use.

Thanks for the reply muffin i almost miseed it , great input . I have been dosing to scedual but not full doses around 2 thirds of whats advised. I also been dosing once then straight water next time then nutes again etc as and when i have light pots.. I suppose i will have to just watch the plants and see how they go. Its just hard being first grow and having no baseline to judge off . Sure there is plenty of help on this forum to help me through :)

No worries, you should be feeding with every watering and not alternating with plain water though. Tie those dirty bitches down with some LST for maximum yield. ;)

Edited by muffintop
2 people like this

Thanks for the reply muffin i almost miseed it , great input . I have been dosing to scedual but not full doses around 2 thirds of whats advised. I also been dosing once then straight water next time then nutes again etc as and when i have light pots.. I suppose i will have to just watch the plants and see how they go. Its just hard being first grow and having no baseline to judge off . Sure there is plenty of help on this forum to help me through :)

That is about right but do keep on Grow for awhile longer I switched to bloom too early in the early days of doing autos and everything yellows if you do, read the plant is the best idea imho and feed/water helps you do that. If you have an organic setup consider molasses perhaps once a week/10 days to feed tour micro herd :oldtoker:

2 people like this

No worries, you should be feeding with every watering and not alternating with plain water though. Tie those dirty bitches down with some LST for maximum yield. ;)

Yeh i suppose i was just being over cautious with feeding that why was rotating the nutes with water , as for tieing them down i think i been put off for same reasons haha , plus i was thinking let them grow as they please just pony tail any fan leaves and tuck were needed . Just so i have a good baseline for next grow when start messing around haha

I maybe lst 1 or 2 though see how next day or 2 unfolds i suppose

I start feeding between day 15-21, grow/bloom and cal mag.

20/4 or 24 its the same more or less, if your night/dark temps are ok when you shut the lamp of then continue and save leccy, if your temps are to low when you turn light of then might be best to stay on 24h and keep the temps stable.

Note that i use bio bizz grow and bloom not PM, so might be some difference there.

Edited by Herbal Kint

That is about right but do keep on Grow for awhile longer I switched to bloom too early in the early days of doing autos and everything yellows if you do, read the plant is the best idea imho and feed/water helps you do that. If you have an organic setup consider molasses perhaps once a week/10 days to feed tour micro herd :oldtoker:

Yeh lucky enough i had read about people making simmilar mistakes in the past. Although this my first grow i have been reading lots in back ground for months now. Googling stuff like help my plants are dieing , etc etc just to see the horror stories and how the problems have been rectified or learn what mistakes to try and avoid haha

Been like an obsession haha

1 person likes this

I start feeding between day 15-21, grow/bloom and cal mag.

20/4 or 24 its the same more or less, if your night/dark temps are ok when you shut the lamp of then continue and save leccy, if your temps are to low when you turn light of then might be best to stay on 24h and keep the temps stable.

Note that i use bio bizz grow and bloom not PM, so might be some difference there.

Thanks for the input herbal kint , i appreciate it. My temps are pretty stable to be honest when lights off never really drops below 21 before its time for lights to go back on , i will stick to the 20 / 4 regime see how it goes hear so much conflict 18 / 6 -- 20/4--- and 24 / 0

I suppose its a case of learning what works best for me.

1 person likes this

Yeh lucky enough i had read about people making simmilar mistakes in the past. Although this my first grow i have been reading lots in back ground for months now. Googling stuff like help my plants are dieing , etc etc just to see the horror stories and how the problems have been rectified or learn what mistakes to try and avoid haha

Been like an obsession haha

Yeah mate keep reading and learning is the way to go, but if you think the reading bit is like an obsession wait til you are growing....v addictive :oldtoker: Good luck! :)

2 people like this

Cheers fragg , i am already hooked haha , i just cant wait to get this grow out the way an pop me cherry so to speak haha , either way the next xouple months are looking positive :-D

1 person likes this