Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

distracted

TICKS and LYME DISEASE

84 posts in this topic

cheers guys, i didn't think it was a tick, i couldn't see legs or anything lol 

it looks like a mast cell tumour, take him/her to the vet

3 people like this

Had one plot last year every time I visited it I would return with ticks the little fuckers love me ( mosquitos too). I bought some repellent with 50% deet content and tucked trousers into socks and not had a problem since. As said previously by op Lyme disease is very serious and avasive measures are needed. 

1 person likes this

Had a few outdoor plots and have never even seen a tick nevermind been bitten. This whole post has actually suprised me i didnt realise there was such a problem with them in england, even ticks must think its grim up north :smokin:

5 people like this

The nature of our hobbie takes us naturally to more over grown areas, I have to wade through ferns as tall as me to reach my grow and on my first two occasions I had two ticks on one vist and one on the next. Easily removed with no sign of illness after.

Even in the heat of last summer, I ended up going wearing long trousers and a hoodie all tucked into each other with football socks over the bottom (they like the waist, ankles and wrists i believe). Every time I leave the plot I get to a more open area and strip down and shake eveything off and walk away in the shorts and T i had underneath sweating out!

I also bought LifeSystens Expedition Plus bug spray.

After my first two unfortunate visits I didnt have a single tick. The spray is violent when you taste it (so much sweat run off) so I have no doubt a bug will feel the same. Not sure if it was the spray or the clothing but toward the end I started to wear less clothes and concentrate on the spray but that also coincided with the end of summer.

This year, I will be doing the clothing as well as using the bug spray as my base layer. Just make sure the spray is on the parts of the body they want to bite, not just around you as an aura so to speak.

Good thing is, the more weeds and bugs and life blocking our paths, the less likely we are to get busted!

1 person likes this

I have ended up having to pick off  the little shits, every time I ventured outdoors last year.

they must like me.

Bump as the season is upon us

4 people like this

Man, they are rampant this year. 

2 people like this

So many of the little fuckers this year. Finding them crawling on me every time I go out. Only been bitten three times though so far been using 100% deet so seems to be working because there just on me really and not biting. There is so many this year because of the mild winter none of them got killed off.