Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ascension_Seeker

Plant Magic OT nutrient issues. Any help appreciated!

47 posts in this topic

Hey people. I have been reading on this site for a while and based on some of the really impressive organic grows I have seen here I decided to give it a go! Unfortunately, I am already running into some issues and really need the help of some more knowledgeable people which is why I am here! Hopefully as I educate myself Id try help out also.

I have started some Sensi Seeds Northern lights in some miracle grow seedling mix and im 22 days in but seem to be having some nutrient issues. I am seeing what I consider slow growth and discoloring of leaves which begins with either small white dots or small rust colored dots. Pics attached.

I have been giving them Plant magic Old timer grow, super-thrive and plant magic evolution (2 doses a week apart) and have been Phing the water (UK tap water left out for 24 hours) with lemon juice to 6.3-6.5.

I gave one watering of Organic Cal-Mag and some molasses but even with this and PM evolution the leaves have got worse.

Im quite confused as PM old timer is supposed to work well with UK water and supposed to be good as a stand alone product but even Phing im getting quite severe issues.

I have just moved them into larger containers with soil supreme yesterday but I am very worried about the state of them and its a little heart breaking tbh.

If anybody could advise me on what the problem could be or any extra steps to take it would be greatly appreciated!

DSC 0110

DSC 0115

DSC 0112

DSC 0113

DSC 0116

1 person likes this

You dont need to use anything else with OT,nor do you need to dick about with ph for girls in soil.

Dont give them any more feed for a week and make sure your not over watering them

2 people like this

hi mate,

if you have just potted up, you dont need to give any more nutrients for atleast 2/3 weeks with plant magic supreme. what are your temperatures like too, at lights off ?

Grinder

Edited by GrinderMan
1 person likes this

I would lay off the feeds mate, your soil already has some in it. I agree you don't need to messing about checking water ph with organics.

Just water mate, and a wet/dry cycle

1 person likes this

Hey people. I have been reading on this site for a while and based on some of the really impressive organic grows I have seen here I decided to give it a go! Unfortunately, I am already running into some issues and really need the help of some more knowledgeable people which is why I am here! Hopefully as I educate myself Id try help out also.

I have started some Sensi Seeds Northern lights in some miracle grow seedling mix and im 22 days in but seem to be having some nutrient issues. I am seeing what I consider slow growth and discoloring of leaves which begins with either small white dots or small rust colored dots. Pics attached.

I have been giving them Plant magic Old timer grow, super-thrive and plant magic evolution (2 doses a week apart) and have been Phing the water (UK tap water left out for 24 hours) with lemon juice to 6.3-6.5.

I gave one watering of Organic Cal-Mag and some molasses but even with this and PM evolution the leaves have got worse.

Im quite confused as PM old timer is supposed to work well with UK water and supposed to be good as a stand alone product but even Phing im getting quite severe issues.

I have just moved them into larger containers with soil supreme yesterday but I am very worried about the state of them and its a little heart breaking tbh.

If anybody could advise me on what the problem could be or any extra steps to take it would be greatly appreciated!

Eden falls

EDEN FALLS asda bottle water £1.10p gallon ph 6.4 at source been using it for my outdoor/gorilla grow when needed, and all my indoor runs never had any problems using this along with Biobizz grow bloom topmax ur soil will buffer the ph mate

Edited by Wormyb

and your paying how much for a grow ? ...

3 people like this

You get out what you put in or should I say you reap what you sew, bar the pun, I do fine on my budgets I offset my solar, as I said 1.10pence gallon

Wow really appreciate the quick responses! I have been giving them very small doses building up to full strength so far but if everybody says lay off Ill just give water for a while then. Also I hear this no PH thing alot but is this not a lockout? Im a little worried that not Phing will make the prob worse if it is a nutrient issue?

Any guesses on what this actually is?

Also one water mid week with some molasses for the microbes ok?

@@Wormyb Hope your re-cycling those bottles man :)

1 person likes this

Wow really appreciate the quick responses! I have been giving them very small doses building up to full strength so far but if everybody says lay off Ill just give water for a while then. Also I hear this no PH thing alot but is this not a lockout? Im a little worried that not Phing will make the prob worse if it is a nutrient issue?

Any guesses on what this actually is?

Also one water mid week with some molasses for the microbes ok?

Try giving some Epsom salts garden centre one an flush'em after all its a WEED they'll be fine Bruv after a week build them up again OT is good shit for uk tap water left out 24hours messing about with ph in soil will just lead to more problems further into your grow I hope this helps mate ,,,organic all the way.!!

@@Wormyb Hope your re-cycling those bottles man :)

Anyone need some diy bubbla lol

Not sure to be honest,but could even be water damage from water droplets magnifying the light,but more likely a tad too much food.

Avoid Miracle grow products ,use normal tap water at room temperature and if you are going to use molasses,get some PM granules for next grow to use when potting up.They will greatly increase your soil herd of microbes.PM bio silicon at early stages of growth is great to make strong stems too,just stop using it 2 weeks into flowering so it doesn't affect taste.

Having lurked a while and no doubt read loads,we pretty much all did the same as you on our first grows.It's so easy to get anxious that every single detail is perfect that we over egg the pudding and add too much stuff.Slow down,keep it simple,back off any additives for a while and your plants will be fine.

:hippy:

Gumbo.

5 people like this

Not sure to be honest,but could even be water damage from water droplets magnifying the light,but more likely a tad too much food.

Avoid Miracle grow products ,use normal tap water at room temperature and if you are going to use molasses,get some PM granules for next grow to use when potting up.They will greatly increase your soil herd of microbes.PM bio silicon at early stages of growth is great to make strong stems too,just stop using it 2 weeks into flowering so it doesn't affect taste.

Having lurked a while and no doubt read loads,we pretty much all did the same as you on our first grows.It's so easy to get anxious that every single detail is perfect that we over egg the pudding and add too much stuff.Slow down,keep it simple,back off any additives for a while and your plants will be fine.

:hippy:

Gumbo.

Cool forgot to say I used the plant magic granules but only with this last transplant and can water damage get worse over time like that?

Also ist too much food start by browning of the tips? I have been watching as I increased the dose to see if was burn but guess there is more too it?

So far it seems I should back off, reset and then see how it improves! Ill flush in some water I leave out for 24 hours and just give water for a while and see what happens.

Thanks for the help people hopefully I can get them healthy and happy again.

Right first off..................do not ph water no need in compost at all although I don't think thats your issue here.

To me it looks like water damage, as in the leaves have been wet and then they get fried from the light being on while wet, when you sprayed with evolution you said it got worse so that also supports that, did you do that with the lights on?

Also no need for magne cal, you may need it in flowering but doubtful, you most certainly don't need it at this age.

As for people mentioning bottled water don't do that either.

Me personally I would continue with watering and feed 0.5ml of grow only and see how it go's.

PM Soil Supreme doesn't contain enough feed for 2/3 weeks, it's a very very very light mix so I feed almost right away even with seedlings.

E2a:- they also look like they are to hot slightly which could be adding to the problems, the slightly raised edges show that.

Also that soil looks very dry.

Edited by ELO
4 people like this

@@Wormyb why would epsom salts help? Thats not Mg def for a start, that would cause more problems not doubt.

3 people like this