Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MuffinMan

Rate your last watched Movie

5,857 posts in this topic

The Ice Road. :soap:  Dumb as fuck

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Saddam said:

The Ice Road. :soap:  Dumb as fuck

i turned it off after 20 mins,it was utter shite

1 person likes this

Lansky (aka A Righteous Man) - Myer Lansky, the architect of organised crime, was arguably the most influential criminal of the 20th century; but you wouldn't know it from this "approved" biography. I would guess this film was financed by the gambling industry and/or the mob.

Harvey Keitel is great as the aged, dying, Lansky dictating his memoirs to a struggling writer. It is not badly done, though too much time is spent on the tribulations of the writer. But Lansky's lasting legacy is most certainly not the legalised gambling industry. 6/10

4 people like this

On 21/06/2021 at 10:29 PM, Superdedupity said:

Extra Ordinary - made me laugh a small bit, worth a look

Was hoping for a bit more, its a tricky genre to get right. i've watched a few dark comedy/horror flicks lately only one or two really stand out, The Hunt is the best of the bunch imo.

Pig.  This movie isn't for everyone, personally I thought the acting was superb, it's quite slow paced and very character driven, but beautifully artistic and well produced. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Marnie  Alfred Hitchcock 1964 Starring Tippi Hedren Sean Connery.  11/10!

The number of times I've come into this film halfway through, and it is impossible film to understand in those circumstance.  So last night trawling my must watch film list I finally saw the whole thing.  Masterclass, Hitch at his finest.  Got a very lukewarm reception initially and there are some very controversial aspects.  It has grown and grown in stature over the years and is now, quite rightly, regarded as one of Hitchcock's best.   Definitely a must see.

Edited by Hir
1 person likes this

The Count of Monte Cristo 10/10

Forever Purge.  Decent rip, dont do cinema that much, was good. Could've done with a bit more gore but overall 8/10

Posted (edited)

North by Northwest. :notworthy:   Just fucking brilliant. :D  

Edited to add - Watched Jungle Cruise this afternoon and I felt so dirty that I had to cleanse my brain by watching North by Northwest.  

Edited by Saddam
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

North by Northwest. :notworthy:   Just fucking brilliant. :D  

Edited to add - Watched Jungle Cruise this afternoon and I felt so dirty that I had to cleanse my brain by watching North by Northwest.  

Watch Cafe Flesh. You'll need to clean your bed sheets.

Anyone seen this yet, not long out. Not your mainstream film certainly if the trailer is anything to go by. Thought I'd mention it as it won an award at film festival. Yet to find anywhere it's currently available to view.

large.Capture.JPG

1 person likes this

On 5/30/2021 at 0:11 AM, Boojum said:

3 Billboards...

3rd or 4th time I've seen it. Still fucking brilliant. 10/10

I saw this in the cinema, I really have to re-watch it, it's excellent. 

Deer Hunter is on bbc2 needs no intro, pure class.

1 person likes this

UFO :alien: Documentary by J.J. Abrams about documented UFO sightings. I thought it was well put together.  

The Suicide Squad. :D Much better than the first one. Weasel, despite only being in it for a few minutes was very funny. lol 

1 person likes this