Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MuffinMan

Rate your last watched Movie

5,826 posts in this topic
On 12/02/2021 at 9:57 PM, dingo bingo said:

Jojo Rabbit - 10/10!

I can't remember the last time, if ever,  I watched such daft humour perfectly blended with gut wrenching drama. The scene with the butterfly hit me like no other film or TV ever has.

If you liked that, check out Taika's earlier NZ film 'Boy' on Amazon Prime. Dark, funny, poignant, lighthearted. 

2 people like this

On 09/02/2021 at 1:02 PM, Kush Lover said:

Into the Wild

7.5/10

Good movie and worth a watch just a shame one small mistake ended this kids journey.

I read the book, unfortunately, according to the locals, he was just very, very naive regarding such an unforgiving landscape...

iirc, his body was found really close to an emergency shelter they have in the back woods, which, if he had a map, would have saved him.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

So good I  watched it again last night.

i'm pretty sure i will be revisiting it a few times, what a little gem :)

e2a, that little girl is the true monster lol

Edited by ratdog
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Slippy One said:

If you liked that, check out Taika's earlier NZ film 'Boy' on Amazon Prime. Dark, funny, poignant, lighthearted.

Cheers I'll check it out.

On 20/02/2021 at 0:54 PM, Gimps said:

I read the book, unfortunately, according to the locals, he was just very, very naive regarding such an unforgiving landscape...

iirc, his body was found really close to an emergency shelter they have in the back woods, which, if he had a map, would have saved him.

I think you’re spot on there, naive and rather arrogant was the impression I got! 

Wow just a simple map could of saved him. I fully get the sense of adventure ‘bug’ but to do a trip like try at with no map of all things!!

2 people like this

Disenfranchised i'd say rather than arrogant.. loved the film such a tragic tale.

On 18/02/2021 at 8:35 PM, Saddam said:

Psycho Goreman lol I'll watch anything with a guest appearance from Dick the birthday Boy. :rofl:   

Honestly, this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen, but it's both fucking brilliant and hilarious. 

:notworthy: 

I don't even know where to start trying to describe this splatter fest. lol  

ET x Bad Taste x Nightbreed x Critters? :unsure:   

Enjoy. :D  

On 20/02/2021 at 10:00 AM, ratdog said:

wtf did i just watch? lollol

bloody loved it though, proper old school sci fi, i felt i was back in my old flat in 1989 getting stoned with proper videos from the rental store lol

On 20/02/2021 at 0:36 PM, Saddam said:

Brilliant isn't it. lol So good I  watched it again last night. :tv_horror:    That zombified cop literally made me laugh so much my sides were hurting. :rofl: 

It's definitely original, you can tell a lot of love went into the practical effects and costumes. :notworthy: I preordered the ltd vinyl  because the sound track is fucking bonkers. 

It has that late 80's feel to it,  that 'PG for Short' tune in the closing credits reminded me of T U R T L E power by Partners in Kryme. 

Looks like I'll be downloading this one then!!!

It sounds similar to the laugh & gore on Game Over Man?

1 person likes this

Just now, Sateeva said:

It sounds similar to

just watch it and report back lol

1 person likes this

Just now, ratdog said:

just watch it and report back lol

Will do once I sort my vpn out & get it downloaded!! :yep:

Have you watched Game Over Man?

I watched 'game over, man' last night, if you like the TV show workaholics you'll like this. 

1 person likes this

Just now, HazyDaze said:

I watched 'game over, man' last night, if you like the TV show workaholics you'll like this. 

Never seen Workaholics (I don't watch tv at all tbh only movies) is that worth a look then?

I watched GOM twice & pissed myself both times, probably more so the second time as I had a couple of mates round & stuck it on!!

I watched Inherent Vice again Sat night with a mate that hasn't seen it & apart from trying to explain what was going off cried with laughter again. It's one of them films where you are supposed to be confused I think & you're better going in blind so to speak, just immerse yourself in it. :D:skin_up:

@Sateeva  hits of salvia were funny eh.. lol

Yeh, workaholics is defo worth a watch, the characters are pretty much the same as this movie,  only with very  subtle differences, yeh get on it. 

1 person likes this

@Sateeva i also watched GOM after your recommendation, didn't hit the spot to start with, due to the slapastick nature which isn't usually my bag, but it grew on me. Was a wierd one really as the acting wasn't all that but was some real hilarity in it.

Has anybody seen The Hunt? i'ts not slapstick but rather comedy horror/mistery/thriller..for me it nails the genre, had me in stitches. seen it a few times now, best watched when really REALLY high...Crisis babies lol 

Night of the Living Dead , 1968 George Romero classic

Haven't seen it for years but really enjoyed it , interesting to see this 52 year old film after the endless

modern zombie movies of recent years     8/10

3 people like this

Life 8.5 out of 10.

It's so refreshing to watch a (e2a: Sci-Fi) film that's realistic and doesn't have a feel good ending.

Edited by mrrichiet
1 person likes this