Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MuffinMan

Rate your last watched Movie

5,421 posts in this topic
On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Check out 'The Foreigner' starring Jackie Chan, yes he is still going and doing his own stunts

I think the odd bit of escapism does you good. Sit back, roll your joints up, get a cup of tea and revel at the sheer audaciousness of Mr Chan.

Your never going to look at your local mild meek-mannered Chinese takeaway owner in the same light ever again :unsure:

John Wick 3 excellent movie,some great scenes,always be kind to peoples dogs,you just never know :unsure:

7 people like this

5 hours ago, Ch@ppers said:

Your never going to look at your local mild meek-mannered Chinese takeaway owner in the same light ever again :unsure:

John Wick 3 excellent movie,some great scenes,always be kind to peoples dogs,you just never know :unsure:

Having been Kung Fu kicked by an irate Chinese takeaway owner (I deserved it) I'd agree.

2 people like this

Just now, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Having been Kung Fu kicked by an irate Chinese takeaway owner (I deserved it) I'd agree.

Having met Jackie chan when I lived in Hong Kong,and seen him perform stunts on the set of one of his movies you should thank your lucky stars he wasn't that irate Chinese takeaway owner :unsure::yinyang:

2 people like this

1 person likes this

I remember a local band who played a gig and met John Cooper Clark. They said when he took off his sunglasses he had 'gozzy heroin eyes'. Admittedly the band members who questioned JCK were addicted to a variety of substances apart from heroin.

Funny, sometimes, people who hog tons of drugs will inform you that are not using heroin.

Back to movies though, I'll watch that Jackie Chan movie again, not tonight as my other half might just think I'm that stoned I'd just watch a movie I saw the other night. :)

Any Trekkers here? I had to stop watching the new series as it just put too much emphasis on being 'progressive' and not enough Klingon battles. Too much shit to think about it unlike the original which was basic. I loved Deep Space 9 and the others. Real characters. Captain Picard is the best captain of course. And,er, I'll get my coat.

Good for those who like it though. Just wondering if anyone else found the latest Star Trek to be kind of wooden, too much emotional belly button gazing.

Predestination, check out this film it is definitely a 5/5...

Aladdin - actually better than I thought. Will Smith does the gini very well , had a tough act to follow . 6.8/10 

2 people like this

Slow TV: Train ride Bergen to Oslo.. Take in the passing landscapes captured by train mounted cameras during a journey through forests and mountains between Bergen and Oslo, Norway.. its only 7 hours lol 

Next up Slow TV: The Telenark Canal aboard the MS Victoria 11hours 30 mins 

Nice and relaxing to watch and fall asleep to.

I Am Mother 7/10 Netflix original sci fi flick, not bad better than expected.

The Drop 8/10 with Tom Hardy and James Galdofini, mob flick, excellent yarn.

1 person likes this

anon  something to think about 8.5/10

On 09/06/2019 at 5:47 PM, theokoles said:

I Am Mother 7/10 Netflix original sci fi flick, not bad better than expected.

Watched it last night, you wrote pretty much exactly what I was going to post lol 

1 person likes this

Alita. 

Not sure hiw to rate it. I loved the immersion into that flavour of scifi world. 

The enhanced humans were cool. 

Christoph Waltz yet again excellent. 

Yeha I'll watch it again and look forwards to the sequel

Ray (2004)

Solid biopic with great casting and groovy music. 8/10

1 person likes this

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Classic Western.

2 people like this

The Great Hack on Netflix :yep: 

1 person likes this