Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MuffinMan

Rate your last watched Movie

5,267 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, cypher79 said:

Hacksaw Ridge - really good WW2 biopic, even had tears in my eyes at the end lol

great film that is mate, made by mel gibson, about a true story, that guy tho hey, he had some balls for a skinny guy, just shows you dont have to be big and mad to survive a war. 

2 people like this

The Day The Earth Cuaght fire (1961)

8/10 - an old fave that suits the weather and that thar big fire in the sticks.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The Death of Stalin.

Armando Ianucci's historical black comedy farce.

Superb.

9/10

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

Having a bit of a Terry Gilliam time atm, Watched The adventures of Baron Munchausen and Tideland in the last couple of days, TAOBM is a typical rambling Gilliam film that I couldn`t tell you what was happening most of the time but none the less very entertaining

8/10

and Tideland, well, this is a very challenging film, about a girl who`s father is a heroin addict and she`s left to live in her imagination and makes friends with a young man with learning problems, I can`t really describe it very well but it works, had me spell bound.

8/10

1 person likes this

A Prayer Before Dawn.

Based on a true story about a british boxer who ends up in one of Thailand's most notorious jails and as to kickbox his way to freedom. 

Great acting, well shot and utterly fucking brutal. 9/10 from me.

7 people like this

10 hours ago, kal17117 said:

A Prayer Before Dawn.

Based on a true story about a british boxer who ends up in one of Thailand's most notorious jails and as to kickbox his way to freedom. 

Great acting, well shot and utterly fucking brutal. 9/10 from me.

I just saw the advert for that,you sold me on it :notworthy:

Sicario 2 more holes than a decent swiss cheese in the plot,i am generous so 4/10.

1 person likes this

On 18/07/2018 at 10:11 AM, ratdog said:

Having a bit of a Terry Gilliam time atm, Watched The adventures of Baron Munchausen and Tideland in the last couple of days, TAOBM is a typical rambling Gilliam film that I couldn`t tell you what was happening most of the time but none the less very entertaining

8/10

and Tideland, well, this is a very challenging film, about a girl who`s father is a heroin addict and she`s left to live in her imagination and makes friends with a young man with learning problems, I can`t really describe it very well but it works, had me spell bound.

8/10

baron munchausen is an exceptionally brilliant piece of story telling ,keeping the tales of hhis adventures alive is what keeps him alive ,and the younger the enthusiastic listeners to this tales the more enriched his tales become ..the original is also exceptional for its use of new special effects techniques in movie making 

2 people like this

Currently watching Anon, Red Sparrow was a pleasant surprise. 8/10 from me.....

Posted (edited)

static..don,t think you can get it on dvd ...not decent quality anyway...12 angry men..the original..once were warriors...glengarry glenross..tunes of glory..thats me done.

Edited by Wah Wah

Extinction.  If I didn't know any better, I'd assume it was part of the Cloverfield franchise. lol  It has the girl who went pop in first Cloverfield film. lol 

A guy trying to save his family during an alien invasion.  It's quite an interesting story.   

All hail the mighty Netflix. :notworthy:    

Posted (edited)

A prayer before dawn true story about time in a thai prison. Staring Joe Cole from peaky blinders. its not bad id rate it  6.5. having read several true story books lately it didnt grab me as some  true stories have like that of Thomas McFadden, Nick Yarris or Colin Martin, each of these true stories shows how people can overcome the most horrific abuse and through true courage and fortitude survive such horrors, amazing courage these individuals showed in the face of such adversity and "bureaucracy".

Edited by theokoles
2 people like this

5 minutes ago, theokoles said:

A prayer before dawn true story about time in a thai prison. Staring Joe Cole from peaky blinders. its not bad id rate it  6.5. having read several true story books lately it didnt grab be as some  true stories have like that of Thomas McFadden, Nick Yarris or Colin Martin, each of these true stories shows how people can overcome the most horrific abuse and through true courage and fortitude survive such horrors, amazing courage these individuals showed in the face of such adversity and "bureaucracy".

The guy whose story this is,billy moore,missed the big screen release as he is currently in nick on burglary convictions.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 28/07/2018 at 1:13 AM, Saddam said:

A guy trying to save his family during an alien invasion

edit cos i dont want to spoil the film

@Saddam is that ok :yep:

Edited by monster69
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, monster69 said:

:russian:   

And that folks, is how you post a fucking spoiler, ruining the film for everyone who reads this thread.  lol What a plum. 

Edited by Saddam
1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

The guy whose story this is,billy moore,missed the big screen release as he is currently in nick on burglary convictions.

Shit thats depressing, seems like he burgled a neighbours house for booze and flip flops..:unsure:

1 person likes this