Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noddy

Gluten Free

Wondering how many are gluten free and think a gluten free recipe board would be good ,even a dairy free if people do that , because people make and cook a lot with cannabis

just wondering if there would be a call for it

2 people like this

I'd be interested, I have wheat and dairy intolerances and have a couple of recipes I could pass on (not cannabis ones tho sorry) :chef:

I don't think we need a dedicated sub-forum if that's what you mean but start a thread by all means.

i tried make an apple pie today, i cant get the pastry right.

I do Sweet potato chocolate brownies, gluten free and dairy free too I think.

Deliciouslyella.com

I have the book, loaded with gluten free and dairy free recipes ;)

1 person likes this

make a crumble mix - rub in flour, sugar and butter until you get fine crumb -

add 1 egg yolk & 1 tbl spoon of water..

a pinch of salt..

kneed together but don't over do it, you don't want to melt the butter..

put it in fridge for 45 mins to 1 hour..

roll out onto pie dish.. edit roll no thinner than 1/6" or 4 mm

for gluten free use gluten free flour :yep:

Edited by Sancho Panza

@jacks

do you use xanthum gum mate , if you don't the pastry just falls apart it is so dry , we always make ours a little more moisted put in plastic bag in the fridge get it very cold and use a cold surface to roll out work it gently or you break it but keep the surface will dusted with flour .

We just throw it all in a blender pulse it until it all holds together and then as I said put in fridge before you work it.

@@Nobody no I mean how many would like to swap recipies on here for gluten free and dairy free , just wonder how many have the issues we do

@@noddy don't need xanthan gum mate... water and eggs will do just fine for a gluten free sweet paste..

xanthan gum is an indigestible polysaccharide - basically its just like cellulose - and if you've got a digestive disorder it's best to avoid it... it gives folks the shits...

im an x chef who worked as a support worker for adults with learning difficulties and i did a lot of cooking for people with specific needs during that time..

Edited by Sancho Panza

@sancho

ok mate well I been doing it 15 years now and if you can come to my house and make pastry for pies and sausage rolls and jam tarts and mince pies without the gum gi would love to see it , we have tried every and I mean every type of mix rice /potato flour suck the water up and crumble if not used with the gum , I have as I say tried every way and not a chef mate but well let's say I would give Jamie a run for his money .

I might be a slow chef and take time to make the meal but I make the best and that takes love .

I do understand what you say but it is the only way we can get out pastry to stay together

sweet paste is a notoriously difficult thing to do normally so fair enough but with constancy an correct method it can be done...

have you tryed the - doves farm gluten free white flour? - its the easiest of the gluten free flours to work with in my experience.. it makes a kick ass pizza dough as well..

xanthan gum is in almost all the shop bought gluten free stuff as well... its crazy imo..

Edited by Sancho Panza

Hmm no I have not Sancho , I not been able to do much lately but getting back to my baking again and cooking as wife struggles to lift pans these days so that andf I don't trust her with my chef knives lol she have a finger off .

I am trying to get stuff together for others that suffer lists of where to send emails to get free samples and alike most don't know that is you ask nicely these companies well throw you a box of there stuff to try and that way you get to taste before you buy.

I love cooking and baking so anyone else just add stuff here I guess

I have all the correct ingrediants, never cooked or baked in my life until the last year. all our food is gluton free, I have the odd bit of stuff the wife cant have. my wife cant eat fish and lots of fruit and other stuff is not just wheat and gluton.

Coming from the pastafarian thread I was really expecting a pun there.