Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greenthumbuk

new to the site and new to growing. need a little advice already!

104 posts in this topic

hello, hello, Hi.

taken the long overdue dive into the world of growing. have been set up 5 days now. setup is as follows, 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent, 600w hps light, 5" fan and filter, 9" oscillating fan, nine 16l rootpouch pots filled with canna coco 60/40 pebbles mix and im using canna

I got my babies on sunday, they came looking healthy in rockwool cubes with decent rootage. I transplanted into the 16l rootpouches pretty much as soon as. I watered them with room temp water with a little rhizotonic untill I had run off in the tray. really thought they would have livend up a little by now but they seem to be drooping and the leaves curling down, the little ones at the top seem to be curling round the most and are a very pale green. they also all have purple stems more or less all over. also some yellowing of some of the nine. i am going to try take pictures and upload tonight very shortly. so hello everybody and anyone have any inclination of what could be happening?? any info would be much appreciated :)

Hi Welcome to the site and to growing.

I think the 600w light is a little too strong for your young cuttings. They take a few days to settle down and start putting down roots. How high is the light above your plants?

its over 2 ft away maby 3. I have an adjustable setting on my ballast where I can run at 250, 400, 600. shall I twist it to 400 maby?

Sounds like heat stress ime but when u put pics up I am shore you will get a clear answer

Welcome btw

Bless

Hi ya green thumb,

Welcome to the site mate,

Pretty new to it all , so can't really offer much advice,

Did you fully drench the coco, with the tiny plants in?

And do you know your lights on, lights off temps, that's caught me out as winters arrived

Atb mate, hope you get it sorted

✌️

Have you rinsed the coco and pebbles and run loads of pH 6 very weak starter nutrient solution to just prime it ready for receiving plants ?

How big are your seedlings ? If under three inches tall and without two sets of leaves they will need to be at least 1 metre from the 600w light.

Are you keeping the seedlings in a really humid environment ? I keep them in a propagator until they have a couple of sets of leafs to make sure they can perspire !

Ive gone from cuttings straight under the 600 loads of times, just back your light well away mybe 4 ft ? It can be done. You need your temps in the tent to be right though no good if it's too hot ! If you have a dimmable ballast using the lower setting would be better for them but I think you have to have the corresponding bulb for the watt setting

Ps you need to bee feeding coco from the go ! A weak solution maybe 0.6 ec

Edited by OddNut
1 person likes this

i added a ver little rhizo before adjusting the ph to around 5.6. the canna coco pebbles mix is allready pre washed but i didnt soak it before I planted the clones only after i waterd with said solution untill run off was in the tray. one thing im worried about is maby my temps as my hygrometer still hasnt arrived :/ but i will be purchasing on from the shop tomorrow as i cant wait much longer to get these babies healthy and on there way.

I have a few pics and apologise for the quality as i have no camera and these are with the webcam! so have a look and let me know. and thanks guys for all the responses :)

how do i add pics!!

Too much coco as well mate, I finish off in 11 l and my plants are massive ! You need to start off in 1 l pots. And pot up till you reach your final pot. Small plants don't have enough roots to drink all that water in such a big pot = overwatering

1 person likes this

Ph to 6 :yep: don't worry about soaking the mix I never do

gallery_96646_12209_78453.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_78683.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_69418.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_69418.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_54860.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_92485.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_82611.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_53744.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_36616.jpg

gallery_96646_12209_88045.jpg

here are some pics

If they are not auto's then 6.5ltr pots would have been plenty as a final pot

Owd

no not autos

Cold temps at the roots leading to overwatering.

2 people like this

i was handling the pots today and they did seem quite colder at the bottom where still quite moist. and the tent is on a cold floor in the cellar. would it help if i put a oil heater in there tonight? the lights on 18/6 too at the moment. I have read somewhere about leaving lights on 24h or is this no good??

1 person likes this