Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
distracted

left over cream

For anyone faced with spare cream in the fridge after the gorging period, don't forget it can be turned into butter very easily. Just beat it till it goes yellow and separates, pour the butter milk into a bowl, then rinse the butter in cold water, season if required and tuck in. You can save the butter milk for scones or as I have done make soda bread to slather in the fresh butter, which we are having with soup made from spare veg (sprouts, cabbage, parsnips, carrots, squash and sweet potato, mixed with shredded homemade salted beef)

16 people like this

My missus has been making soda bread out of the most rotten milk I've ever seen, it was raw milk, virtually a green and white blob in some water, its been the best soda bread ever. Rotten and raw milk FTW.

3 people like this

Can be some of the best butter out there if done right.

Can be used for ice cream very easily too.

e2a: Fudge is another very easy recipe for excess or unused Cream.

Edited by GreenVision
2 people like this

Belly rumbling now I've read that menu distracted :yes:

mmmmmmmmmmm soda bread

1 person likes this

soda bread is so piss easy Hughie as I am sure you know, for anyone who doesn't normally make it if you don't have off milk or buttermilk, you can just sour up some normal milk with lemon juice or vinegar

Edited by distracted
3 people like this

Used ours to make Jamie Oliver's panettone tart. It's meant to serve 12 me and the better half have demolished half of it already. It is immense!

Love leftovers!!

D

3 people like this

those portion sizes are for southerners, serves 4 sounds about right Dave

4 people like this

those portion sizes are for southerners, serves 4 sounds about right Dave

lol..... Not in my house.