Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lazi

315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

3,292 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Breezus possibly the extra blue in the cmh. Personally i have noticed plants finishing stronger in regards to time. But i can't say i have noticed a significant reduction in the time it takes for a plant to mature.

I think that better spectrum just really does recreate the natural sunlight better.

Edited by GreenVision
2 people like this

@GreenVision 

Yeah, these are definitely packing it on better than I've had previously in a tent. I'm really looking forward to seeing if the quality is noticeably improved as so many have indicated. For me it was the quality that made me switch to cmh as yield isn't even in my top 3 of things I look for from my meds 

Cheers for the reply mate 

:yinyang:

3 people like this

How do the solistek units compare to the maxibrights? Apart from being almost twice the price of course.

1 hour ago, Benpetert said:

How do the solistek units compare to the maxibrights? Apart from being almost twice the price of course.

Toss as they're HFSW and will eventually pop lamps like the dimlux units do.

2 people like this

@Golden Syrup you mentioned earlier about maxibright bringing out their own cmh bulb, do you think it’s worth the tenner you will save or just stick to the proven Phillips bulbs?

Didn't notice a reduction in finishing time but defo knocked a week off the start time! That is, after 2 weeks 12/12 they looked like 3 weeks under HPS. 

2 people like this

Anyone know the best way to run a cmh alongside hps 1 of each in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent? I've read there's differences in the growth of the plant according to which light they are under. I can't afford another 1 at the moment and want to put my existing hps in when they are in flower on a 400w setting. Would you recommend 1 light either side of the tent? (I've read about light placement in golden syrups thread) or has anyone tried 1 at the front and 1 at the back so both lights are still in the middle of the tent giving an even spectrum? Any help appreciated cheers

Posted (edited)

I'd also like an answer to this as I'm struggling myself. 

I'm in a 1.2x1.5 room and currently have a 600w dimmable hps and a 315w CMH 

Trying to throw down an even mix of both is proving impossible. I think I'm gonna ha e to bite the bullet and get another 315 and have one either end with the hps running at 400w in the middle. I just haven't come up with a way of mixing them without being more one than the other.

It's a bit of a bugger of a size room but the plan eventually was 3x315s which would be perfect. 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer

My current grow is currently vegging under 2x 315Ws, when I flick to flowering I'll add another 315w and a HPS, 250,400 or 600 I haven't decided yet. My thoughts on them is the plants respond quicker but don't bulk up as much. I think a 50/50 mix (CMH/HPS) will prove best in hind sight. Just adding one CMH seems to have 99% of the benifits. 

Good evening all! 

Thanks to everyone who is responsible for this thread... Info in here has more or less designed my tent out for me. 

I'm running 3 maxibright remotes, 2 daylight and an agro in the middle in a 1.2 2.4 tent

Growing autos killerkush and red poison

This is my first grow in long time, so I'm no expert but seeing other grows that friends have going on, no idea about yield yet, but these are 100% the stickiest gooiest buds,  iv seen and few grower friends have seen. 

They look amazing is all I can say

For what iv seen, my 3 run 24hrs temps hover between 24 and 27 degrees canopy/pot level

Head to toe, glistening in resin, I wanted quality buds not bothered about yield, and the quality is there in abundance! 

I swear those bitches are singing to me, they look that happy some nights! 

My ballasts are 2 maxi brights an 1 sol digital... For anyone interested the sol digital runs fair bit cooler than the maxis. 

Match night! 

See yas in the final!!! 

Have a good evening all! 

Posted (edited)

@Peterpurps im running the same size as you except 2 argos flanking a daylight .

Edited by catfish
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Peterpurps said:

Good evening all! 

Thanks to everyone who is responsible for this thread... Info in here has more or less designed my tent out for me. 

I'm running 3 maxibright remotes, 2 daylight and an agro in the middle in a 1.2 2.4 tent

Growing autos killerkush and red poison

This is my first grow in long time, so I'm no expert but seeing other grows that friends have going on, no idea about yield yet, but these are 100% the stickiest gooiest buds,  iv seen and few grower friends have seen. 

They look amazing is all I can say

For what iv seen, my 3 run 24hrs temps hover between 24 and 27 degrees canopy/pot level

Head to toe, glistening in resin, I wanted quality buds not bothered about yield, and the quality is there in abundance! 

I swear those bitches are singing to me, they look that happy some nights! 

My ballasts are 2 maxi brights an 1 sol digital... For anyone interested the sol digital runs fair bit cooler than the maxis. 

Match night! 

See yas in the final!!! 

Have a good evening all! 

I'd go with 2x argo and 1x 942. That said, if I had the other way 'round I wouldn' t run out and buy new bulbs, I'd wait until replacement time. 

Edited by Muppet
1 person likes this

That was my plan to run two agros either side of 942 but with minding grand kids and stuff keeping me busy I clean forgot about ordering them

Get them next time

I'm thinking of adding an led in there

Prakasa 300, UK firm 300w 300£

Anyine experience of these? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ive only vegged under led`s mate so im not the best person to ask . @Peterpurps

if the temps allow it chuck in whatever else you can grab as 3x 315w is not enough to light that space evenly .

i would either run 6x 315w in winter or 5 and have space for fans ect .

Edited by catfish

On 03/01/2018 at 6:35 PM, Gerfish said:

Looks cooked from where I'm sitting @ratdog 

If you were a seedbank you could advertise this as a 5 week strain :P

I’ve got one from the same stock at 45days looking the exact same under a hps. They’re just quick full stop

1 person likes this