Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lazi

315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

3,165 posts in this topic

Interesting reading, especially the last few pages here. 

Just hung a focus remote up with a 942 lamp for vegging. More than impressed how well it puts the light down and how the lamp sits without an adaptor. I have been using the Dimlux alpha optics 98's with the PGZ18 adapter for flowering last 10 months and the reflector inserts are starting to go cloudy and one or two are visibly degrading and look like they want replacing, think I read somewhere that Dimlux recommend doing this every 12 months anyhow. 

The alpha optics insets are 30 quid each, cheapest I can find them. The focus brand new is 50 quidish on a multi buy. I have got a Light scout meter coming next week and think I will compare these 2. If the focus is up there with the Dimlux, they might be getting ditched.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 01/06/2018 at 3:30 PM, Ilpapa said:

Only slightly off topic. Any recommendations for a quantum meter. Links by pm if anyone spots a bargain. 

Surprisingly no one really  on the bandwagon in the uk yet with these, grow shop wise etc. best prices overseas and you will be waiting a little while with the shipping. 

Edited by stuboy_1875
Spell.
1 person likes this

stu, have you tried giving the panels a clean ?

I've just took a dimlux out of my small tent & noticed it was a bit dull looking so gave it a clean with some pledge & gave it a polish, it came up great.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, stuboy_1875 said:

Surprisingly no one really  on the bandwagon in the uk yet with these, grow shop wise etc. best prices overseas and you will be waiting a little while with the shipping. 

Had mine a few years now. People are tight and idiots (for the most part. Some of us just can't afford one, especially some apogee ones) is why not everyone has got one - apogee next for me or I might save up and get one that comes as part of a weather station.

Edited by Golden Syrup
1 person likes this

On 07/06/2018 at 1:05 AM, MyDisplayName2000 said:

First grow under 315 w CMH but I think it can match a 600W sodium.

I dont. In fact I know it can't especially if grown in the right environment. They might out yield a 600w for some but that only tells me them folk are not doing it properly with a 600w 

I and many others can do 20oz + with a 600. You couldn't do that with a 315w

Owd

7 people like this

How are people using agros and dayights lamps? 

I have (after seeing what others have done) always swapped the agros out in the last couple of weeks for the daylights, but I've forgotten this time (only got a week left)

Has anyone actually done a "scientific" test of this yet?

10 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

stu, have you tried giving the panels a clean ?

I've just took a dimlux out of my small tent & noticed it was a bit dull looking so gave it a clean with some pledge & gave it a polish, it came up great.

Thanks mate I didn't think of doing that.

Finally took the plunge and joined the CMH club :thumsup:

8 people like this

On 01/06/2018 at 0:51 PM, Joint hogger said:

@Ilpapa  I use the Dimlux reflectors with Maxibright ballast & the reflectors are pretty good, tho they do put out a lot of heat downwards

& you have to keep a good 15" distance between the lamp & the plants, as for using the 50mm vents, imo, they're pretty useless & are of no

real use to a cannabis grower as the vented smelly air will need to be pushed through a carbon filter, then theres the hassle of getting the proper

50mm ducting which will get in your way if your struggling with headroom clearance, your better having a fan blow air upwards towards the

reflector to keep things cool.

VW air cooled air hose, 028 129 081A, all air cooled engines 12-1600cc, 50mm diameter. ;) Guess who sold air cooled VW parts for 20 years... 

1 person likes this

On 01/06/2018 at 10:47 AM, Ilpapa said:

Yes but my understanding is they are designed to throw down a square footprint which doesn't really work for me. 

I'm looking at the dimilux 315 atm. Anyone any input into how they might perform in a rectangular space for vegging only. Width can be 1.2 to 1.8m. Depth 600 to 800 mm. 

Anyone using the 50mm cooling ports on these? 

Might just get one and a par meter and experiment until I get the coverage I want but some input would nice as it's a serious outlay. 

I'd have a single one quite high and off centre, this'll give a 'light' end and a 'dark' end. The 'dark' end will be ideal for rooting cut's, Moms, etc. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 01/06/2018 at 1:23 PM, Micky3651 said:

I can relate to that, I’m new to the party and went straight in for one of these.

i check the girls on a night and when I step out of my shed into the dark I swear I’m blind lol does anyone have any reccomendations for some decent eye protection as I can’t already feel the effects of working around it 

I found they cane my eyes, I've a pair of those Lumii blue shades, help but still have achy eyes. An old pair of Oakley's finest are brilliant! 

Edited by Muppet
Spoolin
1 person likes this

another vote for Oakleys  :yep:

8 hours ago, Muppet said:

I'd have a single one quite high and off centre, this'll give a 'light' end and a 'dark' end. The 'dark' end will be ideal for rooting cut's, Moms, etc. 

Good call. I've already got a nursery space with t5s but could ditch that and just have 315.

Don't keep mothers these days but might start again. 

1 person likes this

This week I pulled my first few plants grown under a cmh ,942 bulb all the way through . The temperature is creeping above 35c for the past week though .The younget plants look happy though ,drinking a lot of water . 

I still can't tell whether cmh light hastens maturity or if it's cooler than a 400w(not by much I imagine ) but the buds on three different plants are quite nice and very dense .One plant is a SSH x Killer ,taken down at 60 days flower ,may have gone longer but looked fairly cooked . Branches flopping over with weight of flowers .

1 person likes this

I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed significant reduction in finishing times with a combination cmh and an 11/13 cycle?

Having had to re start completely in April I decided to run the first batch as described above. We're now at 48 days and although the strains being run vary a little 60 days was my target. I doubt they will go more than another 5 days at most. Is a week to 10 days quicker something I should have expected? I've always run hps 12/12 so I've no idea lol

1 person likes this