Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lazi

315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

3,296 posts in this topic
On 2/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, Muppet said:

I'm surprised that you find they run quite warm, I have a 1.4² tent, with 2x 400w HPS and a 4" extractor it was running at 25C, with 2x Lumii Solar 315w it runs at 22C. About to go add a HPS to bring the temps up a little. 

I'm in a drobe, and that stage i stupidly had not put in a proper intake vent (was just letting the cracks around the doors function as that)....

Put in a passive 6" intake - temps dropped from 27 down to 23 - then i closed the windows in that room fully - 24.5ºC :yep:

I definitely need a humidifier though :( came in today to find humidity at 25%!!!! 

clear decorator's sheeting to the rescue....

back to CMH - 

after having had them in the room for 2-3 weeks, i have to say that so far the results are identical to HPS - no increased density in nodes etc so far.... 

I have faith though - I think/hope they'll crank out the resin come flower.... ;) 

2 people like this

Just a quicky, when vegging under a 315w CMH do you just pin the light to the roof of the tent or will that cause major stretch on the vegging plants??

Or should i treat it the same as other lights & be 18inch away roughly?

I"ve got mine about 18" from the plants. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@JesusC  what shop was this? Arguing with my local shop and they claim Dimlux suppliers are saying I am the only one with issues!! Clearly I am not alone, they also told me the suppliers has said the power in Scotland is different to the UK and it spikes causing the problem. They also wouldnt replace the Philips lamps even though they supplied the units with Philips lamps and all their paperwork and websites states to use Philips lamps. The shop has replaced for me the lamps at their cost and even phoned the suppliers on speakerphone to let me hear their piss poor excuses. When the Dimlux work properly they are amazing but the constant quality issues are driving me nut! This is comical! Different power in Scotland.... no, all power in the EU has to fit into the 230 volts 50 Hz spec  - they're lying to you!

Rhombus2

Edited by Rhombus23

ive just recently bought a maxibright unit after following this thread for a while and got the agro bulb with it.

very impressed with the quality and taste of the buds,clear difference on a side by side.

im looking to veg my babies under it for my next run,which bulb is the better for veg and where is the best place

to buy it from ? thanks

1 person likes this

On 02/03/2018 at 2:27 AM, Robot808 said:

Just a quicky, when vegging under a 315w CMH do you just pin the light to the roof of the tent or will that cause major stretch on the vegging plants??

Or should i treat it the same as other lights & be 18inch away roughly?

I have mine as far away as I can, my grow height is about 5 foot to the lamps and I don`t get any stretch

5 people like this

16 minutes ago, harrygrout said:

ive just recently bought a maxibright unit after following this thread for a while and got the agro bulb with it.

very impressed with the quality and taste of the buds,clear difference on a side by side.

im looking to veg my babies under it for my next run,which bulb is the better for veg and where is the best place

to buy it from ? thanks

get a 942 mastercolour for vegging with at CPlighting for £70.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

942 mastercolor for vegging @harrygrout

And I put my lamps at the very top of tent aswell.

E2a. Beaten to it 

Edited by BDG
Too slow
4 people like this

16 hours ago, Rhombus23 said:

he suppliers has said the power in Scotland is different to the UK and it spikes causing the problem.

Absolute tosh! Where do they think Scotland is ? UK voltage varies between 216volts-254volts.  EU voltage varies between 206v-242v. This creates an overlap between the systems which means we can use appliances safely in either system.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

I have mine as far away as I can, my grow height is about 5 foot to the lamps and I don`t get any stretch

2 hours ago, BDG said:

942 mastercolor for vegging @harrygrout

And I put my lamps at the very top of tent aswell.

E2a. Beaten to it 

Thanks Guys i'll have it at the top then :yep: wasn't sure if that was the case when vegging. Looking forward to trying out the new CMH 

also took the plunge a while ago with much help from this thread and had my lights on the ceiling from the beginning, 2x315 with 942 bulbs + 2x315 with 930 bulbs added for flowering and haven't moved them since, now 2.5 weeks into flowering, not much stretch either but wasn't sure if its because I supercropped pretty heavily just before/on flip...

I do still have a 600hps in the middle but pretty sure I'll be upgrading this too.

really happy/impressed so far but the pudding is yet to come...

2 people like this

9 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

Absolute tosh! Where do they think Scotland is ? UK voltage varies between 216volts-254volts.  EU voltage varies between 206v-242v. This creates an overlap between the systems which means we can use appliances safely in either system.

I was pointing out the original comment by the supplier was complete tosh, you have misquoted me! 

@Rhombus23 my comment was aimed at them not you :yep:,apologies for the mix up.

2 people like this

@ursus1000 Thank you!

1 person likes this

A very long but informative thread.....wish I hadn't read it tho as now I want some

:yep:

2 people like this