Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lazi

315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

2,865 posts in this topic

cmh are about equal heat-wise to HPS in my space - set up the first 315w unit - instantly needed to switch the extraction from recirculating inside the room to venting outside due to temp increase - unfortunately the humidity has taken a hit so now I have to fight to get that back up to at least 65%..... 

I'd been told that the heat directly under the lamp is minimal - bullshit! It's exactly like HPS in that regard, so distance between canopy and light won't improve....

sigh....

looks like 1 6" ruck aint enough for the 2 CMH units, so will have to look at upgrading come summer :/ 

they put out a lovely colour though - just like the mix of plasma with hps actually...

I hope they show me the magic this run!

3 people like this

I have 4 lecs in a 1.4x1.4x2.2 tent. I know that’s a lot for the tent. But for reference, if lights are at the top the temps about 20cm under are around 40 deg and at pot level around 25. That’s with intake at the bottom around 18-20 deg. 

Figuring out what to do before the plants start growing upwards. Thinking of pulling the uptake up so it blows at the canopy level. 

Have no no idea what I’m going to do in summer.

Think I may need to get a new fan controller (control freak fusion atm) which can control intake and out take seperatly so I can pump up the outtake as it’s an acoustic. The intake is a 6” rvk in a expanding foam insulated box and is just tolerable sound wise at 60%. I have an 8” isomax acoustic outtake which I don’t mind pumping up to maybe 80%. 

Anyway that’s just to give peeps an idea of heat from 4 lecs in a 1.4 tent :rofl: 

2 people like this

On 06/12/2017 at 2:00 PM, Chairman O The Bored said:

Just saw this on a shop webpage... wish i'd seen this before i pulled the trigger on my dual unit... was very happy with it when i saw the build quality... this makes that a waste of time if it is correct that the control gear isnt what it should be for the technology

large.Capture.PNG

@Chairman O The Bored what shop was this? Arguing with my local shop and they claim Dimlux suppliers are saying I am the only one with issues!! Clearly I am not alone, they also told me the suppliers has said the power in Scotland is different to the UK and it spikes causing the problem. They also wouldnt replace the Philips lamps even though they supplied the units with Philips lamps and all their paperwork and websites states to use Philips lamps. The shop has replaced for me the lamps at their cost and even phoned the suppliers on speakerphone to let me hear their piss poor excuses. When the Dimlux work properly they are amazing but the constant quality issues are driving me nuts

they do look nice though.

this has been going for a while now guys & I'm surprised theyre still selling the older Dimlux ballasts as THEY have already admitted that the 315w ballasts aren't the right spec to run philips lamps.

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2018 at 11:22 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

I have 4 lecs in a 1.4x1.4x2.2 tent. I know that’s a lot for the tent. But for reference, if lights are at the top the temps about 20cm under are around 40 deg and at pot level around 25. That’s with intake at the bottom around 18-20 deg. 

Figuring out what to do before the plants start growing upwards. Thinking of pulling the uptake up so it blows at the canopy level. 

Have no no idea what I’m going to do in summer.

Think I may need to get a new fan controller (control freak fusion atm) which can control intake and out take seperatly so I can pump up the outtake as it’s an acoustic. The intake is a 6” rvk in a expanding foam insulated box and is just tolerable sound wise at 60%. I have an 8” isomax acoustic outtake which I don’t mind pumping up to maybe 80%. 

Anyway that’s just to give peeps an idea of heat from 4 lecs in a 1.4 tent :rofl: 

are you measuring temps in an empty tent? 

if so, do a trial run and fill your canopy space, then try all the lights together and re-test - plants in the space make a huge difference in lowering temps :) 

to control intake and extraction balance - the RAM air pro unit does it, mine creates a slight hum which is shit, but i think they fixed that on the air pro 2.

failing that an smscom hybrid is unbeatable. 

as for re-routing intake - it's best to put it under canopy level - this moves fresh air where it's needed. 

As for the Dimlux thing - they have the worst customer service ever. when we were using them in holland they were awful to deal with - we would have 2/10 fixtures arriving faulty. 

however, when you have all the kit and you dial it in - insane. 

2 people like this

15 hours ago, potato1356 said:

are you measuring temps in an empty tent? 

Yeah man, the plants don’t fill much space. That makes sense. I can lower the lights and temps at canopy are the same. I think the heat rising has a bit to do with that too. Above the lights is still hot. 

Im playing around with the intake and blocking it a bit so it’s not taking in so much.but that makes the fan a bit louder. And sometimes still has positive pressure! Also I need the airflow coming in especially once temps outside rise

@B0bbyBuds Veg under 2 of your lights until you flip then, then turn all 4 on. 

1 person likes this

@Golden Syrup Yeah man that is a good shout. 

Im away for the weekend and left 3 on. Think that may be pushing it a bit. I had to tape up the intake a bit more too to stop the positive pressure. 

On 13/02/2018 at 10:20 PM, potato1356 said:

cmh are about equal heat-wise to HPS in my space - set up the first 315w unit - instantly needed to switch the extraction from recirculating inside the room to venting outside due to temp increase - unfortunately the humidity has taken a hit so now I have to fight to get that back up to at least 65%..... 

I'd been told that the heat directly under the lamp is minimal - bullshit! It's exactly like HPS in that regard, so distance between canopy and light won't improve....

sigh....

looks like 1 6" ruck aint enough for the 2 CMH units, so will have to look at upgrading come summer :/ 

they put out a lovely colour though - just like the mix of plasma with hps actually...

I hope they show me the magic this run!

I'm surprised that you find they run quite warm, I have a 1.4² tent, with 2x 400w HPS and a 4" extractor it was running at 25C, with 2x Lumii Solar 315w it runs at 22C. About to go add a HPS to bring the temps up a little. 

Wow, longest thread I ever binge read. From what I read, its not worth crying if you have purchased HPS recently, but these new lights might well edge HPS out.

I will be reading up on a few grow diaries using the CMH. So far it looks promising and if we can get more light on the plants and use less power then that alone has to be a good thing.

Odds are I will purchase these lights and discover some newer technology. Either way as long as your plants love it then we all love it.

20 hours ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Wow, longest thread I ever binge read. From what I read, its not worth crying if you have purchased HPS recently, but these new lights might well edge HPS out.

As the technology gets cheaper I think they'll be the death of HPS. ;)

1 person likes this

Some good info, does someone have a link or a ebay link to a good cmh light kit, thanks

We don't post links to eBay or off-site links that aren't site sponsers. Please familiarise  yourself with the site  rules. Check grow and harvest for light kits or, read the thread and you'll know which the 'best' light kit is as we've hammered it home on nearly every page of the thread. It's the maxibright kit, btw. 

It can be frustrating for older members to keep repeating the same answers to the same questions that are already published on the site many times over, try googling your questions with "uk420" attached to the end first and you'll probs find the answers  :yinyang:

Edited by Golden Syrup
2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Golden Syrup said:

We don't post links to eBay or off-site links that aren't site sponsers. Please familiarise  yourself with the site  rules. Check grow and harvest for light kits or, read the thread and you'll know which the 'best' light kit is as we've hammered it home on nearly every page of the thread. It's the maxibright kit, btw. 

It can be frustrating for older members to keep repeating the same answers to the same questions that are already published on the site many times over, try googling your questions with "uk420" attached to the end first and you'll probs find the answers  :yinyang:

Thanks Golden, I’m going to spend a few day soon reading through everything. I have been reading this site for some years now (never lighting) but only just made a profile and now I’m trying to rush I suppose. Thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated. 

Edited by Justforfun101
Sent by mistake before I’d finished.