Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

noddy

Eat what you catch

130 posts in this topic

hi dj well this is not muddy at all , if you fish in clean waters you get a good taste , also fredi try and step outside the comfort zone mate there are some great tasting fish , try sea bass done in a foil parcel in the oven with herbs or just a little garlic butter , or try sea salt baked fish omg mate you need to try.

I never use to eat veg until I grew it myself , taste my home grown lettuce and a shop brought you will say omg the chemical taste in the sho p brought

No mate, you just do a little cut at the top on one side of the spine angling your knife toward the head. Next, you put the knife against the backbone, whilst the fish is still on its side, and make an incision from the slice you made near the head, and take the knife down to the tail, say cutting approx 1cm into the fish. You then simply follow the shape of the rib cage with you knife. When you reach the pin bones, about half way through the fillet, simply use the tip to slice through them. Then follow the rib cage downwards, still working from head to tail, and slice off when you reach the bottom of the belly, all the way to the tail. Then repeat on the other side. The guts will be hanging out, but they will still be attached. However, if there is a fish inside, as in the video above, that will inevitably fall out, as it's not attached. Got it @@Saddam?

Ps, to remove the pin bones, simply get a pair of pliers, and pull them out. They only run for jot over half the body length, and there's never any bones in any fish tail, (except the monkfish!)

Edited by Growgreen
1 person likes this

icki why release them all , so you are happy to over fish the sea stock but when there is more than enough pike in a river to feed a lot of people why is that wrong .

see I get so mad at people who also do not like to know where there food came from , a wild fresh pigeon or a force fedd chicken , a piece of southern fried chicken that may well have been washed in bleach to clean it or a phesent shot in the field feeding on wild berries and grubs fast clean home to the oven and eatern .

I would not go as far as eating puppy dogs but well I like to try new stuff

hi saddam

go to you tube and search how to fillet a northern pike boneless

ps I don't know how to link movies here or I would put it on for you

Are you even reading this thread? lol I posted a video on how to gut a northern pike in post #3 :russian:

@@Grow

mate you get no pin bones at all ,I wish I could put a video on here , it was so so easy and if you use the no cut gloves that makes it so so easy to do

That's a video on how to gut, not fillet. lol

@@noddy, I know exactly what you mean mate, I was a fishmonger for five years! lol I was just trying t word the easiest way to fillet a fish straight away without having to gut them first. And for the record, you can freeze fish with guts in, but I wouldn't recommend it personally.

icki why release them all , so you are happy to over fish the sea stock but when there is more than enough pike in a river to feed a lot of people why is that wrong .

see I get so mad at people who also do not like to know where there food came from , a wild fresh pigeon or a force fedd chicken , a piece of southern fried chicken that may well have been washed in bleach to clean it or a phesent shot in the field feeding on wild berries and grubs fast clean home to the oven and eatern .

I would not go as far as eating puppy dogs but well I like to try new stuff

Who said I'm happy to over fish the sea stock???I must be struggling with the English language again...

Ive grown up fishing my entire life I've witnessed the flat fish disappear from my local harbour so don't fucking lecture me,i couldn't be arsed reading the rest of your reply its

seems to be going off on one.

all through the 60/70/80/and early 90s, pike were the devil, some rivers had a kill pike signs on the banks, there was bountys and side pots on 2/300 peg matches for the anglers with the most pike killed during the match, the only reason its not done openly now, is purely down to the good work PAC UK have done, same things happening to zanda now, although for other (just as pointless) reasons, its still killing fish that have swam in our rivers and canals for decades needlessly!

dj..

6 people like this

Taking undersized fish is bad form imo, the sizes are in place to make sure that they can breed and maintain stock levels

4 people like this

what I am pointing to icki is , the sea fish are becoming over fished why not find other fish to eat , and I was not disrespecting your point of view , that is why I don't talk on religion or politics lol.

but I was say I like to eat a lot of fish hence why the wife calls me a dolphin ,sorry if I offended you was not the intention .

Not offended just a bit passionate, looking back after a joint maybe i shouldn't have swore. :yinyang:

2 people like this

lol mate , we all have points of view and like I say just chatting about other stuff I do beside grow a lot of veg and fruit , and now getting back to growing some more special herbs .

but just a chat on what I like to eat , I was meaning that the sea fish are being so over fished that well may be we should look to other fish , I also love trout and salmon and would love to know places to fish for them , may be that others have fished , I went to minehead and down the the river lynn but never got to fish it

ok stay safe all

1 person likes this

I eat an odd trout. If an trout or undersized trout is injured I'll eat it. When people use worms or worm hooks they injure a lot of trout. It's a bit cruel .

I wouldn't eat a stocked trout,or a pike. Unless I was starving.

1 person likes this

I eat an odd trout.

How can you tell the odd ones from the normal ones? :unsure:

2 people like this