Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barneybush

First grow with autos

331 posts in this topic

Starting of first time growing will be in loft with ds60 tent size is 60cmx60cm 150cm tall with 250w hps and 4" rhino pro and fan will be drawing air from loft and extracting into loft space no insulation as yet but will be insulating rafters over next few weeks ,will have mini 400w oil fulled rad in tent with 3x 6.5 litre pots filled with canna pro i have biobizz grow and bloom nutes seeds are from sensi seeds northern lights feminized autos few questions i have are light times through veg 18 on 6 off then 12/12 on flower or 18on 6 off through out whole grow? Also hight been an issue should i top or fim or just let them grow ?

Thanks barney bush

1. I just let autos do their thing; tying them down (LST) seems to work well for me; they're a defined life cycle plant, so topping them will hit your yield (only ime, plenty here are vicious with autos)

2. Light them 18/6, but don't be afraid to use 24/0 if you can't maintain temps in your loft; consistent temps are where it's at.

3. Maybe there's lots of gaps in your attic, but recycling air like you propose won't be good; any chance of taking your intake through your loft hatch? Nice air warmed from the house?

Good luck with your grow :)

3 people like this

Thanks for fast reply yes lots of gaps same temps as outside at the moment so might do 24/0 till get temps stable yest could vent up from room below what is normaly 21-22 degres when heating is on but extracting into loft would be ok have got some kingspan what was going to put in rafters just above the tent for heat spots what temps should i be keeping at? So germinate in water then in party cup them in 6.5 litre pot after a week or so

Tanks barney

@@Barneybush

Hi mate and welcome, as superdedupity says you will run into problems with humidity, mould etc venting into the loft.

I had this problem in the shed and had to create a vent direct to the outside.

I germinate seeds directly into the medium, using cups of water, paper towels etc. runs the risk of root damage when they need to be potted up.

atb

stu :oldtoker:

Ok thanks stu will monitor it closley when i start , few days and should be up and running i hope all stuff there just need to find time to get it all set up when kiddies are out :-)

Thanks barney

1 person likes this

Should i be worried about insulation on rafters with 250w hps?

Should i be worried about insulation on rafters with 250w hps?

No mate i wouldnt worry bout insulating ,I run a 250w hps tent in a shed with no insulating,I run my light 24/7 to mantain good temps,ive also got an electric blanket under the spill tray for those extra cold nights,keeps the roots at 24 degrees ,best of luck with your grow and remember go easy on the nutes

vbombs

1 person likes this

Quick update just poped seeds in cup of water with plate over the top in boiler room nice and warm been to set ds60 up to find it was to tall need to cut 10 cm off but with no hack saw it will have to wait till tomorrow thanks vbomb have no insulation yet thats all moneys tight this time of year 👎

personally id avoid autos normal fem seeds is where its at but each to there own my 2pence worth

good luck

1 person likes this

I did get told that temujen off somebody but first grow need to see how it all works think i will have to top them if they going to get to high

@@Temujen how many autos have you grown? i had the same view as you till i started actually growing them! some of the sweet seeds stuff is awesome

peace out farmer boy

Edited by farmer boy
2 people like this

train them dont top them

peace out farmer boy

1 person likes this

Ok will be having 3 hopefully when they pop waiting on taproot to show they still in cup of water have all sank to bottom now will be putting pics up when they shoot

Thanks barney

@@Temujen how many autos have you grown? i had the same view as you till i started actually growing them! some of the sweet seeds stuff is awesome

peace out farmer boy

every grow ive done pal ive had an auto in there normals have always been bigger yield and better smoke up to now

now i avoid autos dont like wasting the space

i got told its better to leave them on 18/6 all the way bigger yield thats what i got told

im no professional but im a quick learner

Edited by Temujen