Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Villan

Named Fishing tackle

51 posts in this topic

@@Arnold Layne Dever springs has always been a dream to me! At least you lived it!

+1 on the fly tying, nothing like catching after matching the hatch or dreaming up ideas that work. My favourites are tiny dries down to #24. Good quality hackles are a must at that scale! Something and nothing flies I love too. F flies are so useful at times. May your memories stay strong and good luck with the photography this spring...

Good vibes your way...

2 people like this

I just wish I had discovered this amazing hobby many years ago.

One thing I have noticed though is that since taking up the rod, my arthritis in my right arm, the one I cast with and sit holding the riod at times with is giving me some feckin grief. Have upped the Naproxen over the last few days and hopefully this may give me more time :)

Vill

ps Arnie.......... I'll be watching closely for the comp .

1 person likes this

@The Villain, that seatbox is a cracking find dude. You'll be able to get add ons to attach to it, rod rests, bait waiters etc. Obviously it's more of a matchman's set up, but it might get you better positioned when feeder fishing, which should help your arm out a bit. If necessary you could put the butt of the rod under your arse in the pole groove, combined with a decent front rest that rod's not going anywhere on a savage take, leaving you to make your arm comfortable.

1 person likes this

@@Captain Bonglington I just found a couple of levers on the back, when opened it reveals a tray that comes out and fixes to either side of the box forming a good tray. I will use this for bits and bobs as my m8 gave me a cracking bait waiter the other day :)

Thanks for the tips much appreciated.

Vill

1 person likes this

the only thing iv found with fishing, theres always, and I mean always something else you have either seen or need, lol its never ending, carp angling can be very expensive if you let it get under your skin, on the other hand the history of angling and old tackle is great, how the fook they got on with those big knotted nets and 1 piece hazel rods il never know, iv got 1 of the first ever allcock fixed spool reels about here somewhere, the spools not much bigger than a thimble, still works too!

dj...

1 person likes this

That's the beauty of fly fishing! One rod, and a shoulder tackle bag with spare reel and a few fly tins. Nice'n'easy for those with aches and pains.

1 person likes this