Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Villan

Named Fishing tackle

51 posts in this topic

i need a radio, interwebs a bonus, but tbh, as long as i can cook nice food and i can keep warm, im happy as pig in shit with just the bare basics!

dj..

2 people like this

Hello again :)

I took the rodpod back and got a wychwood one same as me lads :)

Have been out Friday afternoon and all day saturday and bagged meself a few nice carp :)

Oh and I got a new reel :)

3 people like this

Sorted :)

Nash elevator cradle and jrc contact 3 rod pod :)

Vill

same cradle as me there bud :) I like to use single bank sticks instead of a pod, but just as good :)

Can't beat carp fishing.. lovely hobby to have.

All the best with the fishing mate :)

1 person likes this

Funny aint it, when I started fishing all the pegs were rock hard and couldnt get a bank stick in etc. Gor the pod but fishing at this time of year is stotally different, I was sunk in mud about a foot deep at times yesterday :)

2 people like this

Funny aint it, when I started fishing all the pegs were rock hard and couldnt get a bank stick in etc. Gor the pod but fishing at this time of year is stotally different, I was sunk in mud about a foot deep at times yesterday :)

lol Yea was the same around here, used to bend in half trying to get them in.. lol, I like to set up bivvy close as pos to rods in this weather, and deploy another groundsheet from bivvy door to rods :) I'm just strange like that though. It's like home in my bivvy, got a bivvy heater last winter. Best addition I've brought. Run's of gas :)

1 person likes this

@@villian

the only advise I can give and this is from someone been fishing since I was 8 so over 40 years now ,3 rods sounds great mate but wait until you get 2 takes at the same time and you are messing with a float rod to ,you are going to get in a right mess put a carp rod out and a float but 2 carp and a float mate is a lot .

I have seen peoples rods fly in a lake when they have so much on , and it is always beginners , try not to run before you can walk it is like growing weed ,start slow and build to a big set up .

best place to get tackle these days is fleabay mate .

tight lines

@

heaters are good but please please remeber CO2 kills silently ,found a mate once passed out in tent due to it in winter time

Edited by noddy
5 people like this

@@villian

the only advise I can give and this is from someone been fishing since I was 8 so over 40 years now ,3 rods sounds great mate but wait until you get 2 takes at the same time and you are messing with a float rod to ,you are going to get in a right mess put a carp rod out and a float but 2 carp and a float mate is a lot .

I have seen peoples rods fly in a lake when they have so much on , and it is always beginners , try not to run before you can walk it is like growing weed ,start slow and build to a big set up .

tight lines

@

heaters are good but please please remeber CO2 kills silently ,found a mate once passed out in tent due to it in winter time

Yes I have seen a thread about an angler who nearly died from one. I make sure my tent is open a bit, I mainly only have it on when warming myself up(like hands, feet) then turn it back of.

Hows you're fishing going this season mate?

i see campin gaz cookers and gaz getting sold off cheap in Tesco again this week, I got 4 last yr so I just bought a few gaz cans for £2 each!

dj..

1 person likes this

@

I am looking at a cracking season , had a rod out a few times as we live on the back of the canal ,only reason I brought this house huge garden and canal so I can fish ,due to health they stopped me fishing alone lol well I did fall out of a tree lol due to a black out lol oopps .

but I am thinking the rumour here was a woman dumped a 4ft wells cat in the canal down from us about a mile and since then the ducks have been very spooky and as we had them near tame and the swans feeding from the wifes hand , well we will see I might have a big pike or the cat lurking ,I use to love weekend trips to the lake set up home away from home , wake to the sound of the ducks in the morning .

as I say please all be careful with gas in the bivvy nice to be warm but nice to wake up to .

stay safe

1 person likes this

@@villian

tight lines

@

Damned right m8, I wont do it again, my lad even shook his head at me :) and said, you are gonna do what you always do....... learn the hard way :)

Your advice has sunk in already. I wont be doing it again.

lol Yea was the same around here, used to bend in half trying to get them in.. lol, I like to set up bivvy close as pos to rods in this weather, and deploy another groundsheet from bivvy door to rods :) I'm just strange like that though. It's like home in my bivvy, got a bivvy heater last winter. Best addition I've brought. Run's of gas :)

I must be strange too, the only reason I didnt take a roll of that stuff you put down to stop the weeds coming back through (sort of cloth not plastic ) with me to put down ( I went friday and it was a mud bath ) was the fact I couldnt get in my friggin shed cause of the younguns rubbish :)

Edited by The Villan
1 person likes this

I must be strange too, the only reason I didnt take a roll of that stuff you put down to stop the weeds coming back through (sort of cloth not plastic ) with me to put down ( I went friday and it was a mud bath ) was the fact I couldnt get in my friggin shed cause of the younguns rubbish :)

haha nice to know I'm not alone. The kid's are terrible for it, take it all out from it's place and just throw it all back in!

Looks like spring is starting to make it's appearance now though.. so us anglers can start looking forward to some change in weather, and those carp on the hunt :)

Best of luck for the season ahead and you're lad Mate :yep:

e2a: know it officaly starts on 20th march, but looking like early start down this way.. :)

Edited by bubblez420
1 person likes this

Love my Nash chairs ( I have a large bum lol waist and prefer the wide-boy style of the Nash chairs, as oppose to the ones I had before which stuck the metal rod into my thigh whenever I lounged waiting for the BEEP BEP BPEPBPEPEPEPBPEPBEPPEEEPPPPP! from my Fox bite alarms) , my Chub carp rods and my Shimano reels :yep: Not the most expensive setup, but it does me proud :)

Not got a proper pod yet, still on the korum banksticks which does the job for the lakes/rivers I frequent.

Great to hear you've gotten the fishing bug though Villan :)

Edited by dannychoo
2 people like this

im after new rods and alarms this yr, need somewhere to fish first though!

dj...

1 person likes this

@ @@*DJ* where you located approximatelt bubbles ?

DJ what about you too ?

Vill

1 person likes this