Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tete

sugar black rose f1

hi,does anyone have any info on these so called fast versions of strains??I know the strain I am growing is pretty new but I'm currently at the start of week 8 and she is looking nowhere near ready.

keeping the microscope at the ready and play it by ear.

1 person likes this

Hello and welcome. I don't have much info about this plant, I tried some a friend of a friend grew and tbh it was pretty weak, his was an auto version of it and took ages!. It didn't taste of much and wasn't very strong, but it looked lovely. I think most fast strains sacrifice flavour, strength and quality, but I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will be along and help you more than I can.

I've run the normal speed (photoperiod) version of sugar black rose. Really lovely plant and great smoke / vape. It smells quite floral and delicate but don't let that fool you, it's a very hard hitting, potent indica. I loved this strain and will definitely be growing it again.

I think most fast strains sacrifice flavour, strength and quality, but I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will be along and help you more than I can.

This is exactly what I think. I'm about to try my first ever fast strain - I'll be popping a Killer Kush F1 (Sweet Seeds) bean tomorrow. It was a 'tude freebie and I'm only running it because it has the same finishing time as the other 3 that I want to run. If I'm honest I don't have as high hopes for it as I do for the other 3 pure photo strains. But hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 person likes this

thanks guys,im looking forward to the end product regardless of potency.shes a beautiful looking plant,im guessing that's the black domina in her.done a few hybrids of the domina.shes bit short and im not too impressed with the yield,but that's more than likely down to the fact I squeezed her in my growroom..lol. its just for a "FAST" version she is taking hell of a long time.

Plants usually take 1-2 weeks more for finish than what the breeders say they will.

i understand the usual week or 2 extra for flowering under the normal photos.but for a fast version well its kinda what you expect it to be fast.lol.or at least knock a week off or there is no point in calling it fast other than to get people to buy it.by the way mine was a freebie!!so i cant complain.ive just had an dutch passion orange bud finish bang on 7 and a half weeks.maybe got lucky and caught a fast pheno.

Sbr (non fast version) at day 42 flower...........

gallery_80750_8005_55359.jpg

lovely strain to grow, potent too :)

Atb.

4 people like this

nice bud shot.yea i can see the beauty in this plant and to be fair delicious seeds have some nice strains in their collection.thats the only reason why I'm growing her.but i wouldn't say its fast or the plant/pheno i have isn't fast.i was just looking to see if anyone has grown her out and shed some light on their flowering times.

I've got some normal ones going at 6.5 weeks flowering and they look like you could chop em down, nice solid buds and would prob be decent smoke with decent yield. I always aim at 10 weeks from first flowers, so will never find out. Not sure about the times of the F1's but to put things in perspective from my situation, they first showed their heads on 17/08 probably could of shaved a couple weeks off during veg but didn't have supplies to pot up and such...could cut down now which would be 14 weeks, as is, and potentially 12 weeks or less from seed to finish, all depending how you do things in veg, If the fast ones can do better than that I'd be impessed, but the originals are quality smoke with a decent yield so I'd go with them...and wait it out :oldtoker:

In Oregon, I started the seeds indoor March 15. Planted her outside on May 15. July 22, she had white bloom puffs. Super-cropped plant but it is now Mid August and she is 7' tall and about 6 feet wide with at least 20 leading colas. She will be done in less than 4 weeks and promises a very heavy harvest. Grown organically in organic compost with fish fertilizer being the only other food. This plant is amazing and a keeper. I'll get to harvest well before the heavy rains come here that rot buds. Highly recommend the sugar black rose.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, briteleaf said:

In Oregon, I started the seeds indoor March 15. Planted her outside on May 15. July 22, she had white bloom puffs. Super-cropped plant but it is now Mid August and she is 7' tall and about 6 feet wide with at least 20 leading cola...

I am SO jealous

Your plant is bigger than my grow area :chains:

Sounds gorgeous.

1 person likes this