Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comrade Stoker

Beer butt chicken?

20 posts in this topic

I've never done this before, but I've got a decent chicken to roast tomorrow, and a bottle of Guinness that I am highly unlikely to drink. Would it work if I just did the same gig as the beer can, but used a bottle of Guinness?

Not a bottle mate, you need a can. Beer can chicken :)

But yeah, you can you use a can of Guinness.

Edited by Twisted Rizla

Leave that poor chickens arse alone! :rofl:

7 up works well .nice sweet chicken

Why won't a bottle work? It won't crack in the oven will it?

Got to be better ways to swoosh up a roast chicken than putting a bottle of Guinness up its derriere.

what ever happened to butter and Sage & Onion?

GV.

1 person likes this

I just fancy doing something slightly different. I love roasting chickens the traditional way. I slash the thighs and season the slashes, and put butter between the skin and breast meat. I just fancy trying something else.

1 person likes this

You need to cut the can in half or use a 330ml can otherwise you wont get it in your oven and it'll be prone to falling over

I do it every now and then on a kettle bbq, but its nothing amazing as far as flavour goes.

1 person likes this

I can get the chicken with the bottle in the oven I think, I just need to take the shelves out and it should be good to go.

I can recommend this, the Mrs found the recipe and started making it a few months ago and it is a regular on a Sunday now...

Guinness Butter:

500ml Guinness Stout

400g unsalted butter, softened

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp honey

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1 loosely packed cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped

3 tbsp finely chopped chives

3 anchovies, finely chopped

Place the Guinness in a large saucepan and reduce to one-fifth of its volume. Cool and set aside.
To make the Guinness Butter, whip the butter for 5-10 minutes until very pale and fluffy.
Add in the remaining ingredients except for the Guinness and whip until combined.
Add the reduced Guinness a little at a time until all combined.
Roll in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until firm. (Mrs puts it in a tuppaware tub)
Shrimper.

You're supposed to cook it on a barbie mate

Beer butt chicken... lol

Being a valleys lad I thought you were offering chicken and beer for a mo... :rofl:lol

2 people like this

Dont lynch me, but i did see someone cook that on a episode of.... Dinner date.

I was intrigued by the idea but forgot all about it, so thanks for the reminder. I look forward to the diary ;)

I just want to make clear that i hate dinner date and rarely watch it because i am a man, and only do manly things like fight, eat steak, and bone women ;)

Hi comrade,I've done bearcan chicken in the smoker but not in the oven but wasn't overly impressed with the result.

Can't remember it being especially tasty or tender.

I used to slash the thighs and rub butter/salt in it as per your instruction but use roasting bags now.

I flavour/infuse it with herbs and garlic sometimes but the bags always give really tender chicken.

Good look with it/tell us how it turned out dude.

Ok slow down a minute...

Someone's gonna have to explain this for a daft dodgee fucker...?

Beer butt chicken? Wtaf????

E2a not to worry Wikipedia has enlightened me,

"Drunken chicken" the chinese call it

"Waste of good beer" dodgee calls it!

2nde2a stop fannying about with the damn chicken stoker smash a couple of cloves of garlic and a fork pricked lemon up its ass and roast the fucker upside down. You'll never cook chicken any other way as long as you live when you taste that shit bruva

Edited by Dodgee