Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chronics

shopping advice

39 posts in this topic

now then people looking for some shopping advice. looking to buy a new extractor fan and filter already know i'm getting a 5" rhino filter 125mm x 300mm.

i've got 1.2m x1.2m x2.0m tent i'm hoping that a 5" fan and filter should be sound. so gone to my locle and got a couple of choices in terms of fans

this is what i got to choose from

• rvk fans
  • tt fans
  • vk fans
  • wk pro fans
  • vko fans
  • max fan pro
  • rhino twin fan
  • ram fans
  • hctt powered fans

so there the choices not sure which is the best for the space i've got

cheers for any input

rvk fans are the most common they are sometimes called 'Ruck fans' , and imo the best for price/ performance , last forever and are powerful .. a 5" is 125mm ,

the rest of it = i dont know

Edited by zero

What lights u running?

it's a toss up between 1000w and a 600w with a parabolic shader. at the min i got a 600w but i want to buy a 1000w

If your going with 1000 watter I'd get 6 or even 8 inch bud you can always put a speed controller on it 1000 in there will get hot but get temps steady and it will be a rewarding environment:)

ATB GREEN

3 people like this

do you think i will need 6" or 8" even with a 4"intake ?

It's about the size of the tent and lights you are running mate, not the intake.

A 5" is a bit small for a 600W and a lot small for a 1000W.

If you are going to run a 600W then look at a 6" out take with a 4" in take. If you want a 1000W I would suggest an 8" out take with a 6" intake

2 people like this

at the minute im running a 600w with 4" extraction with no intake and my temps aren't to bad. lights on its between 24 - 27c lights off is around 15 - 18c. a bit to low lights off for my liking if im honest. but im working on that.

Where is the tent located mate?

I guess coming up to winter might not be so bad but give it a few months when the weather starts improving and temps will rise.

Also, where are you measuring those temps?

yes very true about winter coming. location of tent is the attic. my temp diode is about a meter from the floor it is roughly the same hight as my plants.

i'm scrogging it to

Well if that's the case sounds like your environment is alright at the moment.

I'm a little bit surprised to be honest. I'm running a 600W with a 6" out take, 4" active intake and my temps at canopy are hitting 28/29 at their highest. My area is also in the attic but would be a little smaller than yours

OP. i use a 1kw gavita in my 1.2m tent. can get v hot without decent extraction. i have an 8" / 200mm TD silent. still not silent but loads quieter than the 8" RVK L1 i had which sounded like a jet engine. the TD also allows you to wire it at 60% speed which i use to lower noise. they can be expensive but if you shop around you can get them much cheaper. plus with the 60% setting you can save £70 on a speed controller.

i just use passive tent vents for intake.

have a look at my diary if you want some pics.

to be honest the whole house is very cold no 1 living there so no heating at all. rekon im gona go with the 8" ruck fan and get a separate fan control like you say as soon as summer comes temps will be through the roof

mmmm interesting why is the rvk very noisy ? and if so do you think it is noisy enough to wake the neighbors?

Most fans are noisy mate. The TD silents are pretty good but you can still hear them.