Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inspiration101

Killer Kush, Sweet Trainwreck, Sweet Cheese (Autos in Wilma)

55 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome.

Since the seeds are popping up to say hello it is time to get the diary started.

I have two Wilma systems, identical ones, 4 pot 11 litres using clay pebbles - side by side. Total of 8 pots.

Each pot is covered with a see through plastic dome propagator I got from Homebase, 3 for £6.99.

There are 4 Killer Kush, 4 Sweet Trainwreck and then 2 Sweet Cheese I have just added into the pots of the two smallest/latest germinating Killer Kush seedlings.

Lighting is a 125w CFL 6400k Blue light for the first 2 days and I have now put them in their own big pots in the main tent so added in my dimmable ballast which is set to 400w, shall up this in a week or two when the seedlings are bigger.

Nutrients in the 30 litre tank is as follows : 50mil A and 50 Mil B Canna Veg, 60 mil ATA Root Stim, 30mil ATAZYME. Same nutrients in each tank.

My cheapo pH pen seems to have failed so should have delivered in 2 days a proper BlueLab pH Pen, it has set me back £75 so it better be good ! In the meantime I am unsure what the pH of the nutrient solution is.

A couple of pics, today is day 3.

The Setup

gallery_84929_11706_351739.jpg

Killer Kush & Sweet Cheese Day 3

gallery_84929_11706_872608.jpg

Lazy Killer Kush (day zero for her still) & Sweet Cheese Day 3

gallery_84929_11706_539167.jpg

9 people like this

Nice looking set up m8 thought u was doing dwc?i.m currently going a diary+mark@@Dinafem m8 all being embodying nft big kush+blue-kush,auto+dna-Lemon-skunk.an a couple more autos from sweet-seeds/green/poison/cream/caramel/cream/mandarine/xl-all autos will be taking pics Tomoz of setup an see if they,ve popped their Lil heads up by then will be going in normal propagator till my new xtreme 40 site aeroponic prop once i see roots out of their root riots IL put the sprayer on for 2-3 minutes every 4 hours

Just have a browse of my diary

Good luck with your too. . . .

3 people like this

Looking nice @@Inspiration101 will be interesting to see how big the KKs and the Trainwreck get with the Wilmas.

3 people like this

@@Inspiration101

Nice one mate, I'll try to follow if its OK.

The bluelab PH pen is a really nice piece of kit. You wont be disappointed you got it.

Best of luck with the grow, do like a Sweet Seed.

GV.

4 people like this

Nice looking set up m8 thought u was doing dwc?i.m currently going a diary+mark@@Dinafem m8 all being prepared to veg which will be done in 40,site aeroponic propagator to hopefully speed rooting part up and can settle in there till they go into the in 2wks should have mint Roots before transplant nft big kush+blue-kush,auto+dna-Lemon-skunk.an a couple more autos from sweet-seeds/green/poison/cream/caramel/cream/mandarine/xl-all autos will be taking pics Tomoz of setup an see if they,ve popped their Lil heads up by then will be going in normal propagator till my new xtreme 40 site aeroponic prop once i see roots out of their root riots IL put the sprayer on for 2-3 minutes every 4 hours

Just have a browse of my diary

Good luck with your too. . . .[/]

2 people like this

If all the seeds have sprouted? then i'd get rid of the domes...al they,re doing at the moment is cutting down light penetration. Also, you might run into problems having two plants in the same pot.

3 people like this

At further inspection...i've just noticed that not only have you two plants in the same pot? they're also different varieties. You obviously like a challenge? Good luck anyway.

3 people like this

@@Inspiration101

Nice one mate, I'll try to follow if its OK.

The bluelab PH pen is a really nice piece of kit. You wont be disappointed you got it.

Best of luck with the grow, do like a Sweet Seed.

GV.

Got the pen today, now soaking it for 24h, am looking forwards to using it for sure :)

At further inspection...i've just noticed that not only have you two plants in the same pot? they're also different varieties. You obviously like a challenge? Good luck anyway.

I have a well documented history of killing newly sprouted plants by "cooking" them so this time I have taken precautions by using the dome. I accept the loss of lumens but I weigh this off against the plant surviving my setup and serious cooking skills. The dome will come off later.

Also it looks like 1 Kush still not up so will be good to have the Cheese already in there, and as for the other two in one pot I am interested in the outcome as doing is better than reading about it, how much root space does an auto really need in a Wilma ? Let's find out ;)

3 people like this

@@Inspiration101

Hi mate. Have you done any sweet seeds that wasn't autos?

Looking to run a few with the next crop, I'll gladly do the Cream Caramel again as it was lovely, but I would like to give another strain a try.

GV.

2 people like this

@@Inspiration101

Hi mate. Have you done any sweet seeds that wasn't autos?

Looking to run a few with the next crop, I'll gladly do the Cream Caramel again as it was lovely, but I would like to give another strain a try.

GV.

Hiya, nope only done their autos so far. However.......Sweet Seeds Tommy gave me a pack of seeds whilst at the hemp festival and these are regulars and they are scheduled for popping next, around mid December, Special Edition Grande Monstrous Resinous - 2* Cream47, 2* Bigfoot, 2* Green Poison.

Fingers crossed, all goes to plan *touches wood*

1 person likes this

Update time, day 10, had a couple of Killer Kush deaths, the two smallest just shrivelled up and died so the Sweet Cheese's have inherited the pots.........and so we move forwards.

The Sweet Trainwrecks are coming along nicely as you will see below, two in particular have really laid down their roots and are now into full on vegetative growth, the other two will follow suit shortly for sure.

The Killer Kush's have not fared well, two have died and two appear to have stopped growing and look like they have not taken well to their first week in the Wilma - I believe this is down to the pH of the setup being too acidic, I got the new Bluelab pen up and running on Wednesday and got pH all in line but was 3.8 when I started so these baby seedlings have had to put up with this. Today I have also done a complete water change and pH is 6.1

The Sweet Cheese managed to grow a little in the acidic Wilma this past week, not as well as the Trainwrecks, but to have survived this past week of bad nute water they are super-seedlings in my eyes.

Here are the picture updates, I have added in a random plant that is in the side of the tent, about 2/3 way through flowering and also a couple of shots from my back garden which is now in flower and the race is on between ready for harvest & Jack Frost.

2 Sweet Cheese day 10

gallery_84929_11706_666842.jpg

2 Killer Kush day 10

gallery_84929_11706_202755.jpg

4 Sweet Trainwreck day 10

gallery_84929_11706_488407.jpg

Largest Sweet Trainwreck

gallery_84929_11706_776236.jpg

Group shot

gallery_84929_11706_183540.jpg

Random in side of tent flowering

gallery_84929_11706_820245.jpg

Garden racing to finish, just trimmed branches now watching it bud up. 5 plants, about 25 branches/heads remain now.

gallery_84929_11364_558285.jpg

gallery_84929_11364_593348.jpg

gallery_84929_11364_514099.jpg

3 people like this

Nice to see another diary @@Inspiration101 I'll be sat down for this one I've been currently waiting on getting some plants a friends giving me 6 channel+ he's currently vegging them now due to me being busy busy busy I'll have a diary up soon but good luck with this grow

2 people like this

Nice to catch up on a diary of yours mate, I see you've moved on to a a new growing technique - nicely chosen.

I will be watching this for sure

:smokin:

2 people like this

2 weeks later update. The trials and tribulations continue - I had an attack of the aphids, little black and see through bugs on the leaves of the plant flowering in the corner of the tent, they had also transferred onto the seedlings.

As a precaution I removed and chopped down the flowering plant, cleaned out the tent and wiped all of the autos leaves with some anti-aphid concoction - ISO, water, few drops of washing up liquid, cayenne pepper. An hour after wiping them all down I sprayed them twice, an hour apart with just plain water, I drenched them bigtime each time - The lights were kept off for this. Needless to say the autos were not too impressed and took a few days to recover, some leaves needed the chop and this I did.

So, two weeks on, things have improved, some nice little photos to share of the progress, the Sweet Cheese as small as they are don't half stink already when you rub them !

Two days ago I changed the setting on the ballast to 1000w. The plants are far enough away not to burn on it for sure.

Going to empty the Wilmas once posted here and reset it all to 125mil Canna Vega A & B, 50mil Rootstim, 50mil Atazyme, will be around pH 6.0-6.2

Pics below, also some of the randoms in the garden which I have pruned many of the branches back and only the fattest 20 stems remain.

Sweet Cheese

gallery_84929_11706_595010.jpg

Killer Kush

gallery_84929_11706_390272.jpg

Sweet Trainwreck

gallery_84929_11706_393434.jpg

Grout shot

gallery_84929_11706_393442.jpg

Garden Randoms

gallery_84929_11364_484003.jpg

Close up

gallery_84929_11364_575611.jpg

From the back

gallery_84929_11364_898705.jpg

Weekly update. Seems all the damage is now evident from both the aphids and my application of insect killing concoctions. I sprayed all the plants with watery washing up liquid and ensured they got heavily drenched - those frickin aphids are hardy mofos !!! I have chopped away all the damaged leaves and lower branches that wont amount to anything also.

I spent a few days considering if I should close the project, nuke it, sanitize it, start all over again - still umming and ahhing - Have I stressed them out too much ?

Will give it another week, for now here are the pics.

Sweet Cheese

gallery_84929_11061_97699.jpg

Killer Kush

gallery_84929_11061_261125.jpg

Sweet Trainwreck

gallery_84929_11061_322655.jpg

Sweet Trainwreck also

gallery_84929_11061_380091.jpg

Group shot

gallery_84929_11061_109720.jpg

My outside garden progressing

gallery_84929_11364_41288.jpg