Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master Kush

Building a new GrowDrobe.....Help me build it please :)

MK and his GrowDrobe

So as some of you will know i had to give up growing for a while, however i am now able to grow in my wardrobe! Ive never had to build such a device before as I've always Grown in tents so all of your knowledge and help is essential :)

So I've started lining the inside with mylar and sealing all the corners and joins etc to stop any light leaks and also smell. Now my wardrobe is a large built in wardrobe that goes all along my bedroom and i have chose the end corner section as this only has one door. Now i have a few questions

1. Do i leave the shelf in the top 1/4 of the wardrobe and put my extraction fan up there and then put the carbon filter in the main section and somehow cut a whole for the ducting through the shelf?

2.Do i take the shelf out which then gives me extra height and just attach the fan from the roof as i would in a tent and cut a whole in the roof of the wardrobe?

I will try and get some pics up for you as my explanation might not be the best

Looking forward to seeing this. Just about to undertake a project myself :)

Out of your two options I would go with number 2. Extra head height is always good.

I would take the shelf out and suspend filter with net or bungees, I used to do micro SCROGs in my drove and the biggest problem you will have is lightproofing as you cant sit inside to see if any light coming in, (I put my phone in there on record lol but don't think its a trustworthy method) the other main problem I heat I used a 400w hps with cooltube and had 2x 120mm pc fans as active intake and still only just managed to keep it at 28C a 250/150 hps would be ok but these are your biggest issues, when you get it right though it can be a very rewarding little environment ATB

GREEN

1 person likes this

Thanks lads

Im really struggling to get my head around building it lol I'm used to putting up a tent and job done! If i take the shelf out it should give me quite abit more height and might help keep temps off the plants a little.

I need to buy a new hps so I've got to see if i go with a 250watt or a 400watt.

Spend the extra money and get a dimmable ballast. I have a 600W but I can run it at 250 and 400W as well. So when summer is here and the temps are high I can turn it down, then in winter increase it again.

If you get a 250W you'll just find yourself wanting a 400W and if you get a 400W in summer you'll just regret not having a 250...so get the best of both worlds :)

3 people like this

Good luck with build! 250w might be enough if its a small space..

@@SkyRider

i think thats a plan mate thank you :)

1 person likes this

Have a look at my diary its 3x bubblegum under 400w hps scrog I think I explains my drone set up ;)