Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mattock Man

whats in canna boost ... molasses?

Reason I ask I am 3 weeks in 1st coco grow canna a+B and I got no boost.

Will I get away with using molasses?

cheers folks

how essential is the boost>?

I doubt the molasses will do much to boost the buds. Pk boosters don't do a great deal either imo.

No idea whats in Canna boost though I did read a grow diary on another forum that did like for like clone grow/flowering comparisons with no boosts, canna boost, molasses and also canna boost and molasses together here:

End report was molasses fed plants had better resin and flavour+aroma overall but slightly less yield than the plants given canna boost, Canna Boost and molasses fed plants were approximately 10-15% more yield supposedly but flavour+aroma was different to the plants given boost or molasses alone, as flavour+aroma is very subjective and personal you may have to try and find out which you prefer, as canna boost is stupid expensive the slight yield increase reported may or may not be worthwhile and may vary with methods etc.

PK boosts are also very subjective too though I personally feel plants may benefit though I can't report any comparisons as just increasing bloom nutes may give similar results, some swear by em others don't bother and still get good results, others give way too many boost type nutes and wonder why plants are looking sick. Molasses does however contain a lot of potassium and a good dose of magnesium along with various other vitamins, large sandy grey/brown coloured spots on leaves indicate you have overdone it or are feeding it too often.

I found application twice in less than 2 weeks too much alongside PK boost in coco as it appeared to overfeed potassium though you should be ok at half a level teaspoon a gallon more frequently on top of regular feeds with no pk boost, by all means a small one off dose now wont hurt as they will use it 3 weeks into flower with no issues if used sparingly, I do however need to improve my own use of molasses in coco so am still learning a good feeding regime for molasses in coco myself as I do feel it gives a sweet taste to the end product when used correctly not to mention being a good source of magnesium, as I tend to have smaller plants than most indoors I only use half a level teaspoon a gallon of feed, larger plants may take more as in the link above.

Edited by Twisted Rizla
Removed off site link

No idea whats in Canna boost though I did read a grow diary on another forum that did like for like clone grow/flowering comparisons with no boosts, canna boost, molasses and also canna boost and molasses together here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=136037

End report was molasses fed plants had better resin and flavour+aroma overall but slightly less yield than the plants given canna boost, Canna Boost and molasses fed plants were approximately 10-15% more yield supposedly but flavour+aroma was different to the plants given boost or molasses alone, as flavour+aroma is very subjective and personal you may have to try and find out which you prefer, as canna boost is stupid expensive the slight yield increase reported may or may not be worthwhile and may vary with methods etc.

PK boosts are also very subjective too though I personally feel plants may benefit though I can't report any comparisons as just increasing bloom nutes may give similar results, some swear by em others don't bother and still get good results, others give way too many boost type nutes and wonder why plants are looking sick. Molasses does however contain a lot of potassium and a good dose of magnesium along with various other vitamins, large sandy grey/brown coloured spots on leaves indicate you have overdone it or are feeding it too often.

I found application twice in less than 2 weeks too much alongside PK boost in coco as it appeared to overfeed potassium though you should be ok at half a level teaspoon a gallon more frequently on top of regular feeds with no pk boost, by all means a small one off dose now wont hurt as they will use it 3 weeks into flower with no issues if used sparingly, I do however need to improve my own use of molasses in coco so am still learning a good feeding regime for molasses in coco myself as I do feel it gives a sweet taste to the end product when used correctly not to mention being a good source of magnesium, as I tend to have smaller plants than most indoors I only use half a level teaspoon a gallon of feed, larger plants may take more as in the link above.

THANKS BUD VERY USEFUL. soz caps. mine seem to love a ful tsp per 2 ltrs of mo-lassiz. I wont bother with the cannaboost this grow cheers for that

Canna boost is a gimmick imo. I've used all the canna range, and its best to keep it simple and get the environment spot on :)

2 people like this

I used some a while ago and won't bother again it seems to not do much for me.

I used some a while ago and won't bother again it seems to not do much for me.

Its good as a microbe feed in compost or ewc teas, but as an additive on its own i agree mate it does very little

1 person likes this

i doubt it is molasses, i think general consensus online is that TRIACONTANOL is the main component??

Edited by gluebag
1 person likes this