Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvellous_Mark

Taking cuttings 5 days into Flower

Morning Fellas,

I've taken my own cuttings for the first time but I had to take them 5 days into flower. I've read lots posts some say that it's fine and won't make a difference less than a week in and others saying it'll take a month to reveg and so on which worries me. I popped them into root riots a week ago, no roots yet but look very green and healthy.

Does anybody here take cuttings less than a week into to flower? Will they be fine and once rooted ready to go into veg the same as a cutting taken in veg?

Cheers

Marv

Hey mate

I've taken them from day 1 through about 15/16 some have reveged, which is fine for me, others haven't

The ones that have needed to reveg have clearly carried on flowering while rooting, I think mine take about three weeks to turn back.

Have your clones got flowers? If not they'll probably be fine.

C.

No flowers on them mate. I'm hoping they'll be fine as I wanted to avoid having to buy them from people.

Could I ask @@Clumsy do you have yours under a light? I have mine in a spare room which is light and airy near the window.

Cheers

Marv

Yeah you can take cuttings this early on mate, I suppose it depends on how long you vegged the cloned plant for with regards to strike rate and root response times, if you put it into flower before sexual maturity (leaf nodes opposite rather than alternate) then in my experience they,ll root a little quicker (hormone levels Id imagine).

Regarding the light, a shaded, warm windowsill is fine, you don't need a strong light on them as because they have no roots etc, give them a mist and leave the prop lid on till rooted, don't be tempted to take the lid off all the time, they are best left to themselves ;) ATB

1 person likes this

As long as they are on a veg cycle 18-20-24 hours they will reveg. I took some cuttings at 3 weeks into 12/12 and they have revegged after a month and a half under 20 hours.

Revegged silverak

They had started to form flowers so you might get away with a shorter reveg time if yours had not started to flower when you took the cuttings.
Edited by VicFirth12

I've cloned 3-4 weeks into flower, took about 2 - 3 weeks to root though, grew and flowered fine.