Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evelyn Pickaxe

Windows 10 free upgrade!?

210 posts in this topic

For the reason that microsoft seem to be pushing everybody to upgrade I'm naturally suspicious and windows 7 works great for me

I won't fuck 7 off until it becomes vulnerable like xp has. I upgraded to 7 not that long ago lol

ta vince but beyond xp I'm a windows ignoramus, is 7 Ultimate "enterprise" then?

not as far as i know ,what i recall is that all windows 7 discs contain all versions of windows 7 ,,your key denotes which version is installed ,using a windows loader programme you can with certain early versions of windows unlock these versions on install thus being able to choose which version you wanted installed .7 loader by daz is the most common ..

1 person likes this

I'll only bother with 10 if it has a Direct X update, 64bit 7 is good for now though.

@@Mugwuffin 10 does have direct X upgrade, quite a good one too apparently.

I'm just downloading the pre-release version to install, hoping that will be upgraded to full release for free as im currently running a dodgy version of 7 and don't fancy getting caught short down the road.

They are still not offering it to me after updating.

Looks like I'm probably sticking with 7.

I'll only bother with 10 if it has a Direct X update, 64bit 7 is good for now though.

That's another way they'll force it.

New Direct X 20, only on windows 10

I've got a pirated version of Win 7 Ultimate, but when I run windows validation it passes as genuine due to dazloader, so it should be fine for an upgrade. It did fuck up once when I copied win 7 from my HDD to a new SSD, but I fixed it with mbr regenerator and dazloader.

From what I understand it's an upgrade when installing Windows 10 initially, but you get a code that yours for life. I've never like upgrading on an existing OS, so I'll do the initial upgrade, get the code and do a fresh install.

Edited by Casey Jones

anybody know how to get rid of the fucking icon from my taskbar, not sure where it came from and can find no way to turn it off

1 person likes this

anybody know how to get rid of the fucking icon from my taskbar, not sure where it came from and can find no way to turn it off

A hammer maybe?

2 people like this

Get a marker pen and neatly black it out :D

3 people like this

I've got a small upwards pointing arrow next to the windows 10 icon , if I click on that I can just hide or show all icons as required

Right click on icon then unpin from taskbar?

http://microsoft-news.com/how-to-remove-windows-10-upgrade-notification-on-windows-7-and-windows-8/

If you are not interested in Windows 10, you can remove this program from your PC. Go to Windows Update->Installed update, remove KB3035583. Also, you need to hide the update again in windows updates to prevent it from auto installing again since this is marked “important”.

Windows 10 is pretty decent though, well much improved over 8/8.1 anyway, I was using the beta for a few weeks and it was really stable and handled everything I could throw at it, just the few minor bugs and dead links here and there (as to be expected in a beta). Il be upgrading within a few days of release, just going to make sure the update isnt bricking peoples computers first hehe (though I doubt it will really).

Have been back using Windows 7 again since using the beta and although I agree its a great OS there are a lot of little tweaks and things I miss from 8/8.1/10. Windows 8 could have been great if they didn't try to force that metro touch interface crap on us, underneath it is a solid well made OS and has lots of good improvements over Windows 7.

Edited by iBMe
1 person likes this

Upgrade Reservde!!

the saying dont fix what aint broken rattles around my head when it comes to windows updates.

ptsd from previous installs.

I should imagine catching people with hacked copies is going to be inevitable.

Needless to say i'll back everything up. Hopefully the task bar in 10 will actually auto hide and not auto stay in the same place !!!!!!! grrrr