Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lovethyplant

Plant height & Stretch

Hi all, gotta random question to do with flowering stretch

Iv read that sativa dominant plants can stretch 2 or 3 times theyre size from veg height.

Im guessing this is for untrained plants & was jUst wondering if a plant (durban poison) that had been topped ,lstd'd & kept under 6 inches for 8weeks veg would only stretch another 12-18 inches??

im abit worried bout changing from MH to dual spec too early incase of craaazy stretch. (now starting week 3 of 12/12 & hardly any stretch yet! 1 inch maybe:)

Any reply/info be gr8 thanks

Peace n budz

2 or 3 times is pretty standard stetch.

use metal halide untill stretch stops i do say 3rd wk of 12/12.

sounds like yours are not big stretchers. id go with dual spec now.

good luck :yep:

Cheers mrchang thats what I wanted 2 hear:) guna do the switch tmoro. Bring on the flowering! Thanks man :)

Yeah its pretty weird that it hasn't stretched much, durbans r known to grow huge!

Guess its cos of the way it been trained with over 35 tops its spreading its energy across the whole canopy instead of just up the 1 main stem or watever.

Its pretty coolB-) only my second grow wiv the lil 250watter & it works wonders. will post pics once I work out how to downsize them.(culd be a while

Peacebeatz'nbud

You can downsize your pictures with free software called irfanview ...! :oldtoker:

I just use paint.

1 person likes this

If its Durban it should be stretching quite a bit. There must be something wrong if its only stretched an inch because MH's don't make that amount of difference in stretch. Its minimal at best and durban is renowned for stretching seeing as its an outdoor variety. A full on indica would have stretched more than that

Owd

CHEERS guys! haha the power of paint!!! here she is.

Day 14 flower

CaNoPy

Day 14 floweer

yeah my bad she has grown quite abit since I flipped, its just ive been tying her down every day to make the canopy & havnt really noticed it until I had a look back at the picture of day 1 and there is quite a lot of change :D.

vegged inside under 150w MH for a month & 1 month outside heres a pic of what she looked like before 1212.

1st Day Of 12 12

Thanks guys appreciate the help at such early hours of the day :yep:
FoR mE::: iTs AbOuT FiNdiNg ThAT PeRfEcT StRaiN & growing it well:) :oldtoker:
1 person likes this

I love the amount of control one has with these photoperiod plants