Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Granny Grower

"Bloom Advanced Floriculture " nutrient range.

Greetings from Granny fellow growers.

Bloom Advanced Floriculture is an extensive range from Australia. Can be used in all hydroponic systems and also soil.

Has anyone any experience of these nutes. Just bought some and ive got a feeling they might be good ?

Your truncheon won't work to its full ability with the BLOOM stuff apart from your base nutrients as the BLOOM stuff doesn't give an accurate reading due to it having quite a lot of 'organic' (biological? I dunno, not chem salts) ingredients.

Do you plan on hand watering? Or mixing in a tank? As the bloom stuff doesn't sit well in tanks and its generally advisable that you hand water it. I'm good mates with the lad who runs the local grow shop, and he's got a big display of the bloom stuff and not one single bottle on the shelf has changed/moved in about 12 months, and when I quizzed him on it he showed me the stockroom which was full of the stuff that he just can't get rid of. That spoke volumes to me.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope it works out for you Granny but my advise would be if you haven't opened any yet take it back and get something like Plant Magic, Growers Ark or Vitalink and Keep It Simple Stoner. A&B grow & bloom, root stim, and a PK is all you need, you could even just use the grow/bloom A&B really!

ATB

All the best.

oh dear. currently using soil an oldtimer organic

. just bought an 8 pot Wilma and the bloom product. should I really the other nutes back/ very radical ! >>

@@Granny Grower

I'm growing DWC and always use sensi ph perfect advanced nutes, perfect results no ph adjustment works in all water types.

Background tap water .5, I make up nutes to required reading, including background not plus background

atb

stu

Thank you. how do I know what my optimum EC in my Wilma tank should be. ?

to be fair I did ask for hydro nutes as near to organic as possible. that said, its no good if it cant sit in the resovoir and cant be EC measured accurately. looks like ive messed up already and havnt even unpacked the Wilma yet. thank you for the replies. regards granny

@@Granny Grower

I start with no feed during the first couple of weeks after germination. Then a very weak solution (ignore what is recommended on the bottle)

With background of .5 - I add feed up to only .7 to begin with then gradually increase up to 1.0 max. Change the whole res about every 7 - 10 days

Be guided by your plants, if the cf rises they are drinking water, if the cf drops they are feeding. Just adjust back to your target cf when you top up.

atb

stu :oldtoker:

to be fair I did ask for hydro nutes as near to organic as possible. that said, its no good if it cant sit in the resovoir and cant be EC measured accurately. looks like ive messed up already and havnt even unpacked the Wilma yet. thank you for the replies. regards granny

Don't worry! We'll get you on the right path :) What are you going to use in your wilma sytem? Coco/pebbles?

@@Granny Grower

I start with no feed during the first couple of weeks after germination. Then a very weak solution (ignore what is recommended on the bottle)

With background of .5 - I add feed up to only .7 to begin with then gradually increase up to 1.0 max. Change the whole res about every 7 - 10 days

Be guided by your plants, if the cf rises they are drinking water, if the cf drops they are feeding. Just adjust back to your target cf when you top up.

atb

stu :oldtoker:

You can start with no feed, as the plant will supply itself. However you can and should feed in hydro right off the bat as this way your plant can get straight to it and not stress and cannibalise itself to grow.

@@Golden Syrup

Yeah, tried that in my system and burnt the shit out of them, trust me no feed for at least two possibly three weeks

atb

stu