Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vape_ninja

...want to do another drobe grow, Fan Noise?

Hey. wanna buy an adjustable fan, and rhino carbon filter. gonna box fan in and hang on string. 125mm or 150mm what would be quieter?

live in a shared so must be quiet..

thoughts please!

1 person likes this

hang the fan with bungee, build a box for the fan or for ultimate stealth replace the fan with yourself, once you get your breathing technique down its a piece of piss. (jokes)

Edited by supertrooper
3 people like this

:yahoo:

The bigger the fan the quieter it will be to move xxx ammount of air for your space.

Slowed down by controller ofcourse.

Edited by Stoned Whale

Just doing my first grow and have just about finished me drobe to move them into and have had me rhino 5" and rvk fan arrive and along with some acoustic ducting and also a plug in vari fan controller and gave it a little try and it's so quiet when turning the fan controller down , thank fuck the Mrs would of just give me more headache so the 12.00 controller looks like a good buy can wait to set it all up this weekend and move the girls in ,they been vegging for over 4 weeks now and are in need of more space and bigger pots pronto

@@vape_ninja

I use a KSA acoustic 125mm box fan, along with controller and DIY silencer it makes no more noise than a fridge,

funnily enough thats what I grow in.

atb

stu

2 people like this

If someone can tell me how much a 125mm adjustable speed quiet fan costs.... its literally just noise thats problem

I have a 125mm rvk fan witch is is a poly box with lots of the poly pieces filling it. Have the fan running through an sms controller, which is turned down to less than 50%. The noise is about the same as my fridge.

Hope this helps and good luck in your grow.

Edited by sy100276

Alright vape :)

A 125 mm Td-silent is £118 from justfans, that has two fan speeds build in 100% and 60% that you can switch between if you wire a switch to it. To get more speed control you would need to add a variac or speed controller of some sort.

I have a 150mm and the motor noise is quiet, but the whooshing from the airflow at the exhaust is very noticable in the same room. Obviously quieter as the speed is reduced.

Perhaps you want one with a built-in controller.

Edited by wildbill
2 people like this

As @@wildbill has said mate if fan motor noise is the issue go for a TD Silent, I have the 8" model and compared to the 10" Ruck I had before its quiet as a mouse.......also as wildbill said its the noise of the exhaust that will be noticeable if its not going into a different room/space.

Some great threads on here for DIY Variac builds too if your that way inclined!

Good luck

Think ill go for a TD silent then and vent thru cnto the lofteiling . thx ppl

They might charge a tenner for p&p if you ask for plain packaging I think.

Sorty for crap spelling