Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jest

250w or 400w Light MH for veg HPS for flower question?

Ok so i'm going to starting my 2nd grow soon.

Last time I used 600w lights and had a rather successful 1st grow but I think I overdone it on power considering I only grew 3 plants and don't intend to grow much more than that. So my question is as follows,

I want to downgrade to the lowest possible light wattage whilst sticking with HID lighting, Ideally 250w since i'll be paying for the electric myself this time round but i'm not 100% sure if it'll do the job hence why I ask you lovely people.

@@Jest people will need size of groom etc to better answer your questions.

@@Jest

Hi mate, depends on the area you wish to cover, I use a 150hps covering 2' x 2' with two plants,

a 400hps covers 1m2, 600hps 1.5m2

atb

stu

@@tokenroll @stu914

grow size yet undefined since my last grow "box" was homemade and heavy so i'm currently on the lookout for a grow tent somewhere in the 1m x 1m x 2m roughly.

Hopefully thats enough info

Cheers

more light you can get on them........ the better, for instance, my fan leaves veged under a 250cfl are max 3-4" long, under a 600w mh they are probably around 10" and grow way faster (kinda obvious)

I use a 250w with an 80cm parabolic, squeezed into an 80x80x160cm tent with a 5" extract and 4" intake, if you dont need more than 6 to 8oz per grow its fine. I would be tempted to buy a 250-400w adjustable ballast if I needed to buy a new one though, the extra heat would be an added bonus for the winter months.

@@Jest as erbivore9 has said the 250-400w adjustable would be fine for what you want, should be fine for a 1x1x2 tent.

Use the 250watt for veg and the 400watt for flower.