Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pungent

Killerskunk Feeding

Hi everyone

Just need some advice from you wise folk. Iv got 9 killerskunk females at day 24 of flower. All 9 females I found from one pack of killerskunk. They all look different, some healthy and some have had better days.

My problem is I cant seem to feed them passed 1.2 ec of nutes without getting the claw on some of the girls. Is this normal?

I use ro water with a ec of 0.02, i add calmag to 0.25 ec. Then I add pk13/14 at 0.4ml per liter and ec comes to 0.38. Then I add a+b at 2ml/l and ec is at 1.2.

Some plants seem to have dark green foliage with tips curling down. Some plants are doing fine.

All nine seem steady atm at 1.2 ec ph 5.9

Thank you

Edited by pungent
1 person likes this

Try not giving calmag every feed, it may be causing the plants to absorb too much N by perhaps bypassing the plants regulatory mechanisms. Just a theory but worth a try. I use tap water but it's very pure and so need calmag but I don't use it all of the time, say every 3 feeds and they never get deficient.

2 people like this

I know with hydro not ugorg1 i was surprised by how little it needed went 1.3 max,not sure on the killers though.

Feed less

2 people like this

wow. Why feed em all that? IMO you are over complicating your feed and feeding way too much of the wrong thing. Why calmag every feed?

Too early for PK too...should only really use that last 2/3 weeks of flower, if that.

Just use your flower nutes, end of.

2 people like this

Right thanks everyone. I was under the impression pk was to be added week 4 through to week 6?

The calmag I add was because ro strips the water of almost everything. I add about 10ml calmag into 25 liters of water which only bring ec upto 0.25. Iv also read some where that soft water nutes are meant for a tap ec of around 0.2 not ro 0.02. Iv also had hints of what I believe to be a cal def when I was not using calmag.

So killers are generally light feeders?

Edited by pungent
1 person likes this

yeah but calmag dose to address your cal def once or twice only not continually...... but caldef can be down to nute lockout due to temps/root temps/overnuting also and is more likely down to one of those three than your water.....your feed contains the nutes and minerals or should do, that a healthy plant in right enviro needs....dependent on what nutes you use of course.

Killers are medium feeders IMO, dependent on pheno of course..i wouldn't class them as light feeders IMO....mot strains wont get above about 1.5/8 ec or 4ml pr ltr, without burn.

most strains run 7-10 weeks, pure Sats 11-15 weeks usually.....dependent on many factors (Light, enviro etc).....

1 person likes this

I grew out some killers last year and had lots of different phenos with some quite big variations of size and structure, Some of which were light feeders and some heavy.

I'm organic (OT nutes) and I had one pheno that was small with spindly leaves that was happiest on only 3ml/ltr bloom - small yield but Oh so lovely Fruity smell and taste (keeper) but didn't like plant magic platinum much at all (pk)

And the pheno I am doing again from that grow is a monster, much different in structure and growth habit - grows like stink, big fat fucker, heavy yeiding and is taking 7ml/ltr bloom and 2ml/5ltr of platinum in its stride currently.

I would knock off the PK and lower your EC til there all happy as theres seems to me that there is a lot of variation in phenos with different tolerances/needs - all mine were great but there was quite a difference in smoke between all of them - none of them were a bad smoke at all.

3 people like this

yeah but calmag dose to address your cal def once or twice only not continually...... but caldef can be down to nute lockout due to temps/root temps/overnuting also and is more likely down to one of those three than your water.....your feed contains the nutes and minerals or should do, that a healthy plant in right enviro needs....dependent on what nutes you use of course.

Killers are medium feeders IMO, dependent on pheno of course..i wouldn't class them as light feeders IMO....mot strains wont get above about 1.5/8 ec or 4ml pr ltr, without burn.

most strains run 7-10 weeks, pure Sats 11-15 weeks usually.....dependent on many factors (Light, enviro etc).....

Thanx m8 I'm just scared of not using it now as i had big problems in the past without it. I'm gonna give calmag every third feed to see what happens.

Now iv had a look at Google and it seems my problem is similar to a nitrogen toxicity what do you think? It seems that all the taller ones have some claw and the sort bushy ones are all fine.

Edited by pungent
1 person likes this

yeah mate drop ya feed and drop the calmag......they will recover and I agree with comments above.....KS has a number of (All Superb) phenos, ive got an absolute MONSTER as well as spindly versions and they require different feeds......big ones take massive feed and the other phenos wont take more than about 2.5/3mls pr ltr......

When I first started growing I suffered under a number of assumptions, one of them being feed as much as possible...but cana isn't like humans they can only ingest a certain amount before nute toxicity sets in...... Experience has taught me that Cannabis doesn't actually require much nutes at all really to keep them green and healthy and that's what you are aiming for......

I always err on the low side of nutes as burning during flower affects your yield and slows down flower.

GL.

2 people like this