Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lasouris

Closed line butane extraction, newbie advice required.

48 posts in this topic

Minimum sized closed loop with a de waxing column is a 415g system with a 200g capacity column. That is with ironfist extractions, they do not have that set up on the site but after a quick email they have given code to use that will exchange the standard column out for the de waxing column. I haven't added it all properly up but around 3000

1 person likes this

I would love for someone to work with me so i could produce a kit,preferably with high pressure related knowledge as the engineering side is my strong field anyway.

Ill have to look at the sk farm site and look at these blueprints.I have a 3d printer arriving this year soon too so i could produce prototype parts with it.It all looks like standard oil and gas industry style materials/ construction anyway on the fabrication side at least.

I just need to work out how the system/process actually works to understand what i need to create lol

Edited by sterling-archer

Ive been reading since tonight and it seems alot of the vac pumps people are using are not explosion proof and are not fit for the purpose so im all for vac purging for now but maybe not closed loop yet as a suitable pump could cost a hell of a lot.

I also found that alot of the pumps commonly used are designed to run in an environment containing pre oiled air which provides lubrication for the pump internals like the piston etc.Using them for this purpose apparently can cause friction to develop internally and thus heat.The end result is potential contamination from internal pump pants wearing down without lubrication.

Alot of research is needed but is a vac oven not way more cost effective a feasible if things in the closed loop world are still so infant?

theres only a couple of pumps available for a active closed loop but theres plenty of passive systems that recovery fairly fast with dry ice

I can recover my 5lb of butane in under a hour

vac oven is used after the extraction in a closed loop

3 people like this

@@sterling-archer a vac oven is to purge your oil once collected. With the closed loop you can distill your butane to remove the mystery oil and give you the ability to dewax your oil with the right column.

1 person likes this

Im running a tamisium atm and love it, iv had a play with the sweetleaf now and its amazing but huge. I cant dewax in the tamisium but work harder to make sure my extraction doesnt rip a lot of lipids in the first place.

4 people like this

Im not running much so i dont mind open blasting so for me its more a focus on purging better as goal.

Can anyone provide me with a actual in depth explanation of how closed loop works,everywhere i look its some half baked explanation of it with no info on the steps,processes going on etc so basically i know fuck all about it at the moment so its hard to even look into . I read a few articles on SK works last night but again apart from my knowledge of mystery oil been more robust (its seems minus a few contaminants at insanely low ppm from the plastic its mostly just hydrocarbons further down the fractionating column and waxes of no health risk)

Is this more technical information barrier to try and stop people working out how to produce it themselves? I must confess i still havent seen the blueprints yet though but my initial reading proved very frustrating as i get the open ext aspect in all its detail and learned about a few good techniques but still no informative leap in what closed loop actually does at all :(

cheers sterl

It saves the environment and your butane.

The loop is only the first step. You still need a Vac/oven to finish or a Vac chamber and a low heat source.

The less ya play with it the better. :)

Instead of boiling the butane away the loop recondense the gas back into a liquid to be used again. Not wasting butane and most importantly reducing the chance of explosion are the main benefits of closed loop imo. Safety first.

1 person likes this

I have stumbled upon a close loop extractor on the popular Chinese website.. Does 60-90 g a run and comes with vacuum pump might be $800..I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply which might take some time as its the Chinese new year...

I have stumbled upon a close loop extractor on the popular Chinese website.. Does 60-90 g a run and comes with vacuum pump might be $800..I have emailed them and am waiting for a reply which might take some time as its the Chinese new year...

I saw that one too I think, same model being sold via the usa for a shit load more.

1 person likes this

Its only appeared in the last few days so it may be poss to get the closed loop vacuum pump and vacuum oven for approx$1500..See what they say after the hols..

Its only appeared in the last few days so it may be poss to get the closed loop vacuum pump and vacuum oven for approx$1500..See what they say after the hols..

Keep us posted on this m8, im after a closed loop system and vac chamber, cant beleive vapefiend or someone arent selling kits, seems none are available in the uk.

Its on the Chinese website not the express one the baba...