Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lasouris

Closed line butane extraction, newbie advice required.

48 posts in this topic

Well this is a start, like @@Shogun says though, unless you understand the terminology and know what each specific parts does then it's as clear as mud. Will try to get something together (built) if possible diy style and see what the guys here think.

This is going to take some time.

Well this is a start, like @@Shogun says though, unless you understand the terminology and know what each specific parts does then it's as clear as mud. Will try to get something together (built) if possible diy style and see what the guys here think.

This is going to take some time.

good luck and be careful dude

1 person likes this

If you google 'Passive Closed Loop Reclamation Extraction Kit'. You get a few American retailers selling the same kit (orange logo on it) for around $1200. The same kit is available from china for $800 and you can usually haggle.

1 person likes this

@@Shogun, I was reading a thread on reddit where some guys are putting one together. I'll take a look at the kit that you suggested.

Thanks man :cheers:

for safety and peace mind id buy one that was made by professionls messing about with butane in yer house is dangerious enough never mind trying make the equipment to make the bvho lol good luck and stay safe.

likeshogun said its a closed loop system no line lol

1 person likes this

To properly understand the system and how it operates I'd strongly suggest a brief read on the various properties of butane both as a liquid and a gas.

And a refresher on liquid/gas behaviour. (I say refresher because it's high school stuff)

And then realise how we are trying to exploit these various properties and behaviours.

And then when you look at the system with a view to how it could exploit these properties it all sort of clicks..

At least it did for me. Or enough for me to have a slight grasp anyway! lol

3 people like this

I'll take a look at the kit that you suggested.

im not recommending that kit in anyway mate, I know nothing about it. I was just pointing out how the price is so much cheaper from china

1 person likes this

Small closed loop system at $550. Very much a personal system holding 30-50g and it will take around 350ml butane.

@@Shogun don't worry bout whether kit was recommended or not, any info that's shared here I'm going to take a look at! @@Vicfirth12 cheers man that seems much more reasonable for a first time try out of a closed loop system.

If you wanting to go closed loop, the tamasium has a 2oz unit and probably best for personal small runs, only thing is it doesn't come with an inline de waxing chamber and that's one of the main reasons I would get a closed loop.

Dodgee got it spot on about closed loop, the main benefits are safety, able to distill the butane to remove the mystery oil and also (if you buy a proper closed loop system) you can dewax safely.

There's blurprints on Skunkpharm for DIY kits but like mentioned, I'd only attempt that if experienced in that field.

For specifically designed units for extracting oil have a look at Sweetleaf, Bhogart Extractions, ironfist extractors, there's many others but I'd go with the Sweetleaf personally.

Zion :haveadab:

4 people like this

@@Zion how much the closed loop systems with dewaxing chambers cost and is this what your using bro?

1 person likes this

hell yeah zion go for the sweetleaf lol geez lend 8 and half thousand dollars lmao lol if only they sold them cheaper they would make a fukin mint lol

1 person likes this

some entrepreneur needs to look into mini vac ovens and mini closed loop systems for percy oil makers, they'd make a fucking fortune. its not rocket science. a mini vac oven about the size of a shoe box and a closed loop that runs around an ounce sounds good to me :)

6 people like this

@@Shogun they made a wee washing bubble machine to make hash with. We used to go all out and run a normal washer eh. The wee one wouldn't have cut it. ;)

All depends on how much you have to make...

how much you like smoking it ....

or how much you plan on sticking up your behind or putting down your throat over the next little while.

:)

I STILL WANT ONE lol and if posts like this keep making me think about it.... only a matter of time :shutup:

Edited by gb1
1 person likes this