Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

grogirl

Instant pot.....

131 posts in this topic
9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I told you that cat would come good comrade.  You must have offended it in some way early on I reckon.

Cat house? you sure that isn't a fancy name for a shed lol

No, its got a heated floor and all sorts. Its very small, like the size of one of them big cat litter trays with a roof.

1 person likes this

Our cat lives indoors too mostly...he used to be a bit more free roaming, but we moved home next to an A road and he got hit by a car while fighting a Weasel....:rolleyes:

The Weasel died, and I nearly did after receiving the vets bill....

He knows his place now, he gets let out when we're out in the garden, and doesn't stray too far, we live rurally, so there's a variety of stuff for him to prey upon, most of which ends up in the "killing field", also known as the landing....:headpain:

Savage little loveable shitbag bastard he is.....:rofl:

4 people like this

I like the sound of a cathouse.  They can keep their business outdoors.  It's more discreet.

1 person likes this

Climb aboard the instant pot train @tigseyjnr it’s a purchase you will not regret. Though I am ever loyal, there are now other brands available that do the same thing, make sure the inner pot is stainless steel though, not non stick... 

Sorry to hear your having a torrid old time of it @Comrade Stoker all I have as a suggestion, as it never fails to delight me, is that you make a beef stew in 35 minutes,  to cheer yourself up with the marvel that is electric pressure cooking.... if you can chip the crepe maker off the thing that is.... bloody hell....is this what my life has arrived at? Being cheered up by the brevity of kitchen gadgets.... urghz.

In all seriousness though, I hope your feeling more positive soon :hug:

btw....In case anyone is wondering, which I’m almost certain your not , airfryers are shit. 

5 people like this

Thanks for the kind words peeps. I seem to be coming out of it, though events in the next week may throw me back into fucksville.

I will give a beef stew a go @grogirl I used to eat loads of meat, but since the wife and son are veggie now, I rarely cook meat. I crave steaks and stews and stuff sometimes. I will get to it over the weekend and whip up a hearty beef stew.

2 people like this

I cooked some Tilda brown rice earlier in the instant pot and it was a bit strange tbh.  I ended up leaving it for 3 hours and the pressure was down when I opened it up.

Anyway when I served dinner I found a perfectly round black ball in the rice.  about 3mm dia.  Perfectly round and slightly shiny like a tiny balloon.

Does anyone have any idea what it might have been?  It has either dropped out of the lid or much more likely come out of the rice imo.

I put it to one side while I had dinner to photograph lt to see what it might be but it has gone now.

e2:  Brown rice- 1 portion, 80ml rice, 100ml water, 25 mins. white rice  - 1 portion, 80ml rice, 120ml water, 6 mins.

Edited by Bird

I just can't get on with brown rice, but I know how much better it is for you. 

I bet even after 3hours it was still bloody chewy lol

I love my food, but I hate excessive chewing (from my raving days and sore gums and mouth, I think) 

Feck knows what the little black ball is though? lol

Aliens? 

2 hours ago, tigseyjnr said:

I just can't get on with brown rice, but I know how much better it is for you. 

I bet even after 3hours it was still bloody chewy lol

not at all.  It's softer than white if anything.  You just need to know how to cook it properly. 

Give some a try one day in the IP.  give it 26 mins after a quick rinse if you like it soft.

It's doesnt go with the same things as white though because it has it's own flavour.  Better with veg usually or a dopiaza.

Edited by Bird
1 person likes this

Cool, I will try it again then. 

lol

Edited by tigseyjnr
Re read post

With one portion you have to serve it immediately or it can go a bit crunchy in the middle where it overheats.  you don't get that problem with more than one portion so much.

Edited by Bird
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Bird said:

t can go a bit crunchy in the middle where it overheats

Maybe that's where I've been going wrong.