Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

grogirl

Instant pot.....

131 posts in this topic

So basically I need talking down from buying one of these!

I've been toying with getting a pressure cooker for ages when I came across this. It's basically a gadget that is an electric pressure cooker that you can sauté in, a slow cooker, a pressure steamer, a yougurt maker, a rice cooker, and fuck knows what else. They've been going in Canada and America for yonks but have not been available in uk till recently. Amazon has amazing reviews on them.

I really want one! But I'm a gadget phobe these days as I have already too many shit gadgets, but this one somehow feels better than all the rest...... lol

Also apologies to anyone mislead by the post title! lol

Edited by grogirl
2 people like this

Ooo electric pressure cooker eh? You might be able to use that for sterilising substrate for growing mushrooms.

9 people like this

i was at my parents for new year they have a electric soup maker with built in blender has chunky setting or smooth thing looked the bomb, made by swan i think

atb hari

1 person likes this

If they can give you digital changeable temp accurately they are worth every penny. I wonder if you can fill it with water and use it as a Bain Marie. GV.

1 person likes this

Go on get it you know ya want 1 ;)

2 people like this

Ooo electric pressure cooker eh? You might be able to use that for sterilising substrate for growing mushrooms.

Hahaha that's exactly what I thought when I read pressure cooker lol I need to buy one for this very purpose :)
1 person likes this

@ GreenVision I know you can use it like a sous vide? So probably! I'm not sure about changing the temp digitally I think you can do high pressure or low pressure? Have never used a stove top pressure cooker? Apparently you just sauté your food in the pot, bung water in, shut lid, press button and it brings it up to pressure then cooks then releases pressure automatically. So no messing about with the woggle thingamy.

This had got to be good, right?!

2 people like this

@madharribo I've already got one of those! :bag:

1 person likes this

This had got to be good, right?!

Sounds to me like you've got to bite the bullet and then come back and give the crew a review :)

1 person likes this

Sorry for the slight hijack, but as anyone heard of a gadget called Magical Butter which makes Canna Butter and Mushroom Tea. Only seen it available in America though. Does any one know if you can get one in UK ?

I am absolutely amazed that @@Comrade Stoker has nothing to imput on this gadget chat... I'm not casting aspersions, but, I think he likes a gadget?! No good for you stoker? Pressure cooking sposed to be really good for retaining vitamins and so on as it's so quick? X x

Edited by grogirl
1 person likes this

I did look at them grogirl (After reading the post last night). I don't think I've got the space in my kitchen, I've got blenders, grinders, water bar, fermenting stuff, waffle maker, slow cooker, kefir dispensers, record player, HMRC bills herb jars and a Betterware catalogue lol. I'd be interested to read some reviews if people here buy one, they look good. My mate swears by pressure cookers for stuff like chick peas etc. as they don't need soaking, you can just decide to have chick peas on the night and Bob's your aunties live in lover, you can do it.

1 person likes this

exactly what i was thinking lol

Well. I got one! Indecisive, me, never! lol and it is actually brilliant. I can't compare it to a normal electric pressure cooker, but I've got to say I do think it's probably better. Have cooked all manner of stuff in it, it's very well thought out. Would not be without one now. Beef shin curry cooked to perfection in 35 mins.... And so bloody easy to clean...... I'm turning into an instant pot bore..... lol

2 people like this

They are a brilliant job highly recc

1 person likes this