Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmokerJoe

White tips, slight yellowing of leafs.

18 posts in this topic

Hey dudes! This is my 2nd grow i'm growing 4 plants (all different strains) that are photoperiods in a 1mx1m tent.

im using air pots, a 400w HID with a lumii digital ballast with a built in timer, a parabolic reflector, I have a inlet fan placed just above the pots & 6" carbon filter! Im using BioBizz Nutrients feeding on a ratio on water, nute, water, nute and so on... I'm also using Maxicrop seaweed extract. Also i must state i am using biobizz light mix soil 60% and coco peat 40%

As you can tell this is an organic grow so i knew it would be harder than my last grow which wasnt... Im having a little trouble at the mo, i've nocked them over into flowering about 1 week ago and i've noticed the leafs have changed a lighter shade of green and starting to yellow a little, Also i've seen white tips on one plant (Sweet Cheese) thats quite bad & its slowly creaping up on the other plants.

I use a 1000ML jug of water to mix the nutes for 1 plant & The nute ratio's i use in this jug during the flowering stage are: 2mm of Maxicrop seaweed extract, 3mm of Biogrow, 4mm of Bio-Bloom & 2mm of TopMax.

I've never been one to check PH or any of that jazz as i'm now an organic farmer and buy top quality soils which are already PH'd.

If you guys could give me a some expert tips in what you think you can see is wrong or what i need to do to get these girls back into there healthy green luscious state then please fire ahead!

Edited by SmokerJoe

Please add some pics, or everyone will be just shooting in the dark

1 person likes this

you should be adding litres instead metres for starters.

1 person likes this

Pics?

Also using grow and bloom at same time is a no no

Pics?Also using grow and bloom at same time is a no no

Why is that a "no no"? I've seen plenty of people (including myself) use grow and bloom together with no negatives. Some folk even use grow/fishmix right throughout with great results. Sometimes some extra N is still needed in flowering and a little bit of grow with the bloom is fine.

I'm not trying to argue with you, nor say you are wrong, I'm just genuinely intrigued as to why you say it's a bad thing to do? Cheers :)

ETA: @@SmokerJoe try get some pics up mate :yep:

Edited by kush-bush
3 people like this

I follow the biobizz official nute chart and it says to use bio grow through out the whole cycle, Pics will be up shortly!

maybe epson salts?

The leaves with the white tips, where abouts/how high up are they on the plant?

Its ok to mix the grow and bloom I use. Organic also.

Is it possible low temps causing nute lockout ?

Don't bother with bloom until you see white pistils/flowers as they like more grow feed than bloom feed in the first two weeks of bloom (roughly).

I give mine grow all the way till the end. Just plain tap water for the last final watering's.

I mix mine in a bucket with litres printed on the inside. Then scoop out with a jug.

I've found growing organically I hardly need any nutes at all.

I always seem to have problems if I go above half the dose stated on the bottles of nutes.

I might have 1-2ml grow per litre with 2-3 ml bloom feed during mid flower using PM oldtimers nutes.

Edited by Reggie2000

They've used up all the Nitrogen in the soil and need loads for the next couple weeks whilst they go through their growth spurt at the start of flowering.

You need to get some N into them.

Stop the Bloom feed and double the Grow until the flowers start to form. If you can, get them some Fish Mix and foliar feed as it will get the N into them quicker.

Your soil balance may never fully recover and you may be chasing yellow leaves all the way now but no major prob, they will survive.

Once you see proper little bud sites forming you need to start adding the Bloom and build up as you go. Keep feeding the Grow or Fish Fix along with the Bloom to try and keep them green but back off if you see the leaf tips claw down because it will impact flowering.

If you see tiger stripes they need some Mg but not normally until 3-4 weeks in. If you get that you need Epsom Salts.

Good luck.

RR

1 person likes this

Ok thanks for the tips road runner!

so your saying stop the bloom feed and double the grow feed? so 8mm of grow? seems abit too much as i dont want to nute burn them.

Also can you recommend some fish mix or foliar feed? as i've never bought it before i use ebay so you could just link me if thats possible? & what would be the dosage in my 1000ML jug?

i was thinking of getting some epsom salts anyway to use just incase there has been a build up or nutrient lock.

Why is that a "no no"? I've seen plenty of people (including myself) use grow and bloom together with no negatives. Some folk even use grow/fishmix right throughout with great results. Sometimes some extra N is still needed in flowering and a little bit of grow with the bloom is fine.

I'm not trying to argue with you, nor say you are wrong, I'm just genuinely intrigued as to why you say it's a bad thing to do? Cheers :)

ETA: @@SmokerJoe try get some pics up mate :yep:

:yep: Me to mucker, Hope you and yours had a nice Xmas

1 person likes this

Ok thanks for the tips road runner!

so your saying stop the bloom feed and double the grow feed? so 8mm of grow? seems abit too much as i dont want to nute burn them.

Also can you recommend some fish mix or foliar feed? as i've never bought it before i use ebay so you could just link me if thats possible? & what would be the dosage in my 1000ML jug?

i was thinking of getting some epsom salts anyway to use just incase there has been a build up or nutrient lock.

???

:yep: Me to mucker, Hope you and yours had a nice Xmas

@@superx

Thanks matey. Same wishes to you and your family too.

1 person likes this

i still havent got my reply. Just xmas wishes!!