Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WongR

1st time grower
PC Grow To A HPS Tent Will This Work

I'm currently starting a grow with a PC and using 1x CFL 6500k blue spectrum and 2 fans to start with the seeding and vegging 2/4 plants

Then when they start to flower I'll move them to a tent with a 600 watt HPS duel spectrum bulb in a tent with a 4" fan and filter with a small clip on fan as well

I will be using coco as my media and a lowryderseed called starryder from Dutch passions

All the tools hygrometer soil tester scrogs odour eliminator and other garden hand tools

nutrients (ph up and down) stuff for helping vegging and stuff for flowering

Thats basically it if there are any other tools equipment or methods you would change please tell me why and what you do

Also I would like to know initially if what I have already will work and if there are any things I need to consider/keep an eye on with what I have already if I decide to use what I have now

Thanks I can't wait to see what people have to say on the matter

600w in tent with 4' fan ... what size tent you using

Dirty

1 person likes this

After reading again, few more things.

Why coco not soil for first grow. as from your post you dont seam sure what you do or dont need for coco.

I will be using coco as my media and a lowryderseed called starryder from Dutch passions

All the tools hygrometer soil tester scrogs odour eliminator and other garden hand tools

nutrients (ph up and down) stuff for helping vegging and stuff for flowering

not picking just trying to help.

Maybe tell us what you have and we can help from there.

PS welcome

2 people like this

As above in a tent up to about 1.2 squared a 4" fan is never going to cope with the heat from a 600 maybe it would at push cope with a 400 in a 1.2 but any smaller and again not gonna cope with the heat, there's no reason you can't go from vegging in the pc case to the tent provided you have adequate ventalation.

Again for you first grow I would go soil

Atb hari

I would move to the tent before you flower them.

Otherwise you will have all that space and only a couple of branches sticking out of the pots.

Its worth you doing some reading up on grow room design and how to care for the plants in coco if thats what you want to grow in.

cfl is OK for a couple days but wold be better to use the hps as you have a dual spectrum bulb. I'd veg them in the tent as there's no way they'll fill the tent after coming out a PC case and get a 6" fan and filter. A 4 inch has no chance even in winter.

Edited by T1

I've now got 2 vegging in a pc case under a 85w 6400k cfl. They're 2 weeks from seed and been topped once at the second node so i've got 4 colas on each one up to now. Then i'll be topping each of the top 2 colas on each plant so each plant will then have 6 colas. I expect to be able to get them to 4 weeks but the plants will be short but wide and tied down, so the pc case will do just fine. When they get too big for the pc case i'm then going to put them in the wardrobe and carry on vegging for a while longer with another 85w 6400k until I feel I need to start using a 250w metal halide until I've got them where I want them to be for flowering which will be a 250w hps. There's really no way you can veg plants long enough under a cfl in a pc case to the point where you can immediately then start flowering under a 600w in a much larger space. I wouldn't be able to go straight from pc case to flowering in a wardrobe with a 250w. It's gotta be done step by step really to get a good yield and use less electric as possible and not lose out.