Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonerwizard

SMSCOM Hybrid and fan speed question

30 posts in this topic

@@iBlazeDaily - I think the latest models have a sensor that detects when it is dark. When darkness is detected, the controller runs the fans one setting higher for 7 minutes each hour. This helps reduce humidity during light off.

2 people like this

@@iBlazeDaily - I think the latest models have a sensor that detects when it is dark. When darkness is detected, the controller runs the fans one setting higher for 7 minutes each hour. This helps reduce humidity during light off.

that's the pro version

3 people like this

Thanks for your input lads, gonna go with the mk2.

The guy in the store was trying to push the older ones (he would, wouldnt he lol) but he was saying that they're better units even though mk 2 is newer, it had same software etc. its just a different design he reckons, but as it was manufactured more efficiently than the mk1 it was being sold at a lower price(£78) than the original (is now £80).

THANKS AGAIN! :yinyang:

e2q @@KingBlueRizla when you say they need a bit of tweaking what do mean?

Edited by iBlazeDaily
3 people like this

Edited just read your earlier post so ignore me.

Edited by bigbadbuddha

Anyone have a hum on vent. when you turn it down? I got 20cm fan and when i turn it to lower then 60% of speed it starts humming like mad, its not sms controler but some other.

@@iBlazeDaily You need to have the temperature settings between 20-25°C if you want fans to use all speed settings. Can't recall specifics, but the controller only increases by one speed when the temps goes 2°C higher than the temp setting. It so the controller isn't always increasing and decreasing the fan speed, but a more gradual shift.

1 person likes this

Anyone have a hum on vent. when you turn it down? I got 20cm fan and when i turn it to lower then 60% of speed it starts humming like mad, its not sms controler but some other.

Unless it's a hybrid or variac or a step transformer u will get harmonic hum

If it is a voltage based controler like the hybrid then most probably fan bearings on way out

1 person likes this

Can someone please clarify something for me, I`ve just bought one of these and I`m assuming the outlet goes in the left socket and the intake in the right socket? 

cheers

Thanks mate, mines different and it looks like it doesn`t matter, I had them in the other way around and it seemed to work fine, just swapped them like yours and still working ok, I`ll have to play around to fine tune it. 

Fuck me it`s a beast of a size, almost as big as a shoe box lol but it already seems to be working like a dream, my temps have gone up with the two 315`s in there and now I can run two fans it doesn`t need to be full on all the time. 

Thanks again @Tenchie :) 

e2a, this is probably the best thing I`ve bought this year (apart from the lights, but I`m still to see the result) it`s incredibly quiet and I got it for £250  :D 

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

Yeah the SMSCOM controller is a beast. Does make a bit of a click when the speed increases or decrease. Definitely a really good piece of kit, had mine for 5 years or so now and not a problem. I don't bother using the light sensor probe to increase a speed occasionally during dark period. My oldest one never had it, so I didn't see a reason to use it.

1 person likes this

@KingBlueRizlaI have decided not to use the light probe either atm, might use it in the late summer bud rot months, but other wise the 150w heat mat seems to be keeping temps up to 22.5c lights out, so this could be what my grow really needs to get that bit more dialled in. 

1 person likes this

@ratdog A decent fan speed controller is one piece of kit that makes an instant noticeable difference. Should help keep those lights at a steady temperature.  So quiet when its lights off. :rofl: Yeah the light probe could come in handy to avoid bud rot, it just has such a short cable length though.

@KingBlueRizla

Morning dude, they must have changed a few things with this model, both probes are very long, longer than I really need, and must have some intelligent design because it can tell which fan is which in either socket. 

Like you say, dead silent at night, keeping temps much higher at night, around 22.5.

I was having some problems with temps but it turned out to be the temperature probe on the weather station I bought specifically for the groom, fucking thing is out by 1.5-2 degrees :rolleyes:  so I`ve used the central heating thermostat as a comparison and that matched the fan controller, so it`s full steam ahead now, finally stable temps :guitar: 

would recommend this to everyone for noise control in a situation where people might hear the air movement noise. 

1 person likes this

@ratdog All hygrometers always give different readings. Some by a percent or a degree, others more. I only look at them if I am unsure about the environment, normally it just feels right. Glad they increased the light probe cable length, I think mine is around 50-80cm. :rofl:

1 person likes this